Reid, you are sick. by yeahgenius
Summary: Reid gets a terrible cold, but won't admit it. Hotch forces him to stay behind with Garcia during the case.
Categories: General Characters: All
Genres: Humor
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: Yes Word count: 429 Read: 17861 Published: Jun 20, 2012 Updated: Jun 21, 2012

1. Chapter 1 by yeahgenius

2. Chapter 2 by yeahgenius

Chapter 1 by yeahgenius
Author's Notes:
This is only chapter 1, there will be more.
“Hotch; I can assure you that I am not sick! I am perfectly healthy,” Reid tried, with no avail, to prove to Hotch that he wasn’t sick.

The two were walking into the conference room to meet with the others to discuss their next case.

“Well, I am your supervisor, and I say that you aren’t healthy enough to be out in the field. I’m sorry, but you’ll have to work this one from Quantico, and that’s final!”

Morgan interjected his opinion: “Come on, Hotch, we all knew that Reid wasn’t right in the head- how else would he have been able to inform us that there are 90,840 drops of water in one gallon?”

Reid defended himself. “Anyone could know that. All you would have to-” Hotch interrupted him.

“Morgan, Reid. Stop it. Spencer, you are sick. You will be staying here, and can help with Garcia.”

Reid then broke into an uncontrollable fit of coughing.

That satisfied Hotch’s claim of Reid being sick.
“I told you so.”
Chapter 2 by yeahgenius
Author's Notes:
Chapter two is now complete.
While the rest of the team are grabbing their go bags, Reid goes to Garcia's office. He knocks on the door three times, dragging out the action.

"Enter, or forever regret it!", Garcia sing-songs.

Reid sighs. 'I might as well get this over with. They're obviously not going to take me with them,' he says to himself.

"Hey, Garcia. Hotch says that I.." he coughs loudly and then continues,"I have stay here. He says that I'm sick, but I'm not."

Garcia chortles. "Oh, sure, honey, and I'm a size four! Go get your stuff, genius."

Reid gladly removes himself from the fluffy, colorful cubby.

When he returns, Garcia is wearing a hospital face mask and spraying disinfectant all around the room. She hands Reid a mask.

A puzzled look crosses the young doctor's face. "Garcia, what is this for?"

"What do you think it's for? You're sick! Put it on!"

"Ummm, okay," Reid replies with a hint of confusion in his voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The team is giving the profile to the locale police, with Garcia and Reid on the speakerphone.

"Reid, is there anything you would like to add?" Hotch asks.

"Yeah. Uh, our unsub is most likely going to be... ACHOO!, ACHOO!!!, ACHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Uh, sorry about that, I-"

The team then hears Garcia screaming at Reid: "OUT!!!! Move AWAY from my equipment! STOP! DON'T TOUCH ANTHING!!!!!"

"Garcia, Reid? Is everything alright?" Hotch inquires.

"Yeah, hmm, let's see... NO," Garcia replies, a bit flustered,"Doctor Reid here is trying to give my computers a virus!"
This story archived at https://criminal-minds-fiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=311