Login

Fun Night Out by Reidluver



Reid was scared. Not necessarily in the same fashion as he was during the cases that the team undertook, but scared in the sense that he had no idea what he was getting himself into. Where was Garcia taking him? She had a mischievous glint in her eyes that he knew all too well would lead to something that would make him venture out of his comfort zone. He admired and respected Garcia for her eccentric personality, yet she frightened him sometimes because she was so unlike him.

Garcia then began to hum quietly to a song that Reid did not recognize, leaving him alone to his thoughts, which he warily suspected was exactly what she wanted. Afraid of his imagined places she would take him, he decided to invoke conversation.

“So, um . . . how far is this place you’re taking me?” he inquired carefully. He tried to mask his fear from her.

“Oh, not that far. It’s really fun, I’m sure you’ll like it,” she replied in a sing-song voice.

“Any hints?” he pleaded.

“Now Reid,” she scolded as if talking to a child. “If I told you where we were going, then it wouldn’t be a mystery. Where’s the fun in that?”

Recognizing his defeat, Reid felt content to look at the buildings around them that they were passing by. Garcia had made up her mind, and there was no changing that. He would just have to wait, which wasn’t exactly high on his to do list. However, this was better than just going back to his empty apartment and lying around, having flashbacks and daydreams of Nathan Harris. That boy trusted him, and felt Reid was the only one who could understand him. All that consumed Reid’s mind was the question of whether or not he had done the right thing in saving Nathan’s life.

“All right, we’re almost there. Close your eyes!” Garcia ordered. “If you peek, I’ll have to turn right around and you’ll spend the rest of the night wallowing in despair instead of having fun with me!”

Reid obediently covered his eyes with his long spidery hands. From the streets they had passed, it didn’t seem like they were going anywhere dangerous, but he still had no idea where they were headed.

After approximately five minutes, Garcia announced. “We’re he”re!”
Endnotes: Sorry it's so short, but I wanted you to enjoy the whole story all at once!