Login

No more sweets by little_profiler



Title: Interruptions
Fandom: Criminal Minds
Pairing: Morgan/Garcia
Prompt for 30 sweets: #10 Popcorn; Movies
Rating: T
Disclaimer: Neither the show nor the characters belong to me, they belong to CBS. Nonetheless, I love to borrow them from time to time.
Summary: Part 11/? of the ‘No more sweets’-series. The prompt screamed for some MG cuteness, didn’t it?
warnings: none

AN: Here we go again. Thank you so much for all the reviews/comments I received. It feels good to know that people actually like what I’m writing. Keeps me encouraged to go on. ;)
I hope you’re all safe and well out there, and in case you celebrate the coming holidays, HAPPY EASTER!


When Derek came back to the couch with the bowl of popcorn in his hands, Des had just finished changing the DVDs. He hurried to sit down close to his Baby Girl. They’d behaved during the first movie, just sitting next to each other, eating the crème brûlée his mother had prepared.

But now, the second movie was a love story “ he was sure that was what his sisters had picked “ and popcorn; there was no way Derek was going to do without any cuddling this time.

He placed the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table, and while leaning back, put his arm around Penelope. A contented smile spread across his face when Penelope snuggled up against him. Carefully, he leaned backwards so that his back was resting on the armrest and Penelope was resting against him. This was heaven.

Des pinched Sarah in the side to show her the scene on the couch. They both repressed a giggle when they got a death glare from their brother.

Derek decided not to care about his childish sisters. He wanted to enjoy the feeling of cuddling with his Baby Girl.

Penelope’s heart started beating faster as Derek put his arm around her. She loved cuddling with her chocolate Adonis during movies, but had never thought he would do that with his family around. Okay, he hadn’t minded kissing her in front of them, but still…

Still, this was different. They’d spent so many nights watching movies and cuddling on his couch or hers. But it had always been private, nothing they shared with anyone else, nothing they talked about. It had always been some sort of secret only they knew about. The place they went when they wanted to forget about the evil in the world.

Now, everything was different. She had met Derek’s family. They officially were an item, and there was nothing they tried to hide from anyone anymore. But still, they could get lost in their own little world while cuddling on his couch.

Derek reached into the bowl, and then offered a piece to Penelope, before popping the rest into his mouth. When she raised her head to smile up at him, Derek couldn’t resist stealing a kiss from her.

Penelope blushed slightly and laid her head back on his chest. This was so much better than any cuddling she’d ever experienced with Derek. Not that she wasn’t used to being close to him, but still, it was different.

Whenever Derek held her now, it seemed to be closer “ as if there had always been an invisible barrier between them, no matter how close they had been. But now it was gone.

She felt Derek drawing invisible patterns on her back with his fingers, and a pleasurable shiver ran down her spine. This was definitely new, and if his family hadn’t been there…

Penelope sighed. On the one hand, she really wished they were alone, because she wanted Derek so much. On the other hand, she was glad they weren’t alone, because she wasn’t sure she was ready for this yet.

It wasn’t that she was afraid of actually having sex with Derek. But it included him seeing her naked, and she wasn’t sure she was ready for that. She was sure he wouldn’t let her turn off the lights, though. He simply wasn’t the kind of guy who did it in the dark.

Derek offered her another piece of popcorn, and she hesitated. Maybe, if she just lost a few pounds, she wouldn’t have to be so worried about him seeing her naked. He was a jock, after all, and she was…

Suddenly, she felt his hand under her chin and looked at him. She could see the question and the worry in his eyes. He didn’t even need to ask or say anything; she knew what that look was supposed to tell her.

Smiling, she took the piece of popcorn he offered, and then leaned up to kiss him.

“Behave over there,” Sarah interrupted them, throwing a piece of popcorn at her brother.

“Look at the movie,” Derek growled. “This is not your business.”

Sensing that there was more to the interaction than Sarah had just witnessed, she decided to leave the matter and turn her attention back to the TV.

“I love you,” Derek whispered.

“Love you, too,” Penelope replied equally voicelessly, and stole another kiss from him, before she laid her head back on his chest.

Derek frowned. Sure, he had known that it wouldn’t be easy for Penelope to get over her insecurities. But the fact that she still seemed apprehensive about what she ate made him worry that she might go back to not eating at all.

Where did it come from? He’d thought that if he could convince her that in his eyes, she was perfect just the way she was, her self-confidence would grow again. But maybe he hadn’t convinced her yet. After all, she was still cautious whenever they became intimate.

They definitely needed to talk once they were alone again.

He turned back to the movie, but was unable to keep his eyes open. It didn’t take long before he had fallen asleep.

He was startled by the ringing of his cell phone what seemed like only seconds later. But it took him only a glance at the TV to realize that he had slept halfway through the movie. Apparently, so had Penelope, because they were both covered by a blanket.

They both rose from the couch, and Derek fished his phone out of his pocket and went to the kitchen. He was sure this wasn’t a friendly call. Not at this time of day, anyway, and not considering the caller ID.

Only two minutes later, Derek returned from the kitchen, and the look on his face told Penelope what was going on.

“Another case?” she asked.

Derek nodded. “We’re heading off in half an hour. It sounded really important.”

Penelope sighed. She’d just been in heaven, sleeping in Derek Morgan’s arms. Now he had to go “ meaning that she’d be alone with his lovely, but nosy sisters, who would surely try again to grill her about their relationship.

“Hotch wants you to join us, Baby Girl,” Derek told her. “Seems like someone’s messing with the local PD’s computer system. They lost their internet and half their data and need your supreme genius to fix it. Hotch thinks this might be connected to the killings we’ll investigate.”

“Okay,” she said, jumping up from the couch. “I’ve got my ready bag in Esther’s trunk.”

“Let’s go.” He gave his mother and sisters an apologetic look. “Sorry, girls, we’ll finish this once we’re back.”

“Sure, just stay safe!” Fran called after them.

“I didn’t want to tell you in front of my family,” Derek said when they got into his SUV, “but this one’s gonna be nasty. I saw a few pictures, and what you’ll have to retrieve from the police database is gonna be worse. So if you don’t think you can do this, just let me know.”

“If it helps solve the case and put this guy behind bars, I’m gonna deal with it,” Penelope replied. “Don’t worry, I can handle it.”

Derek reached out to take her hand in his, squeezing it gently. “But if you can’t…”

“…you’re the first one I’ll call,” Penelope assured him. She just hoped she wouldn’t have to.