Login

No more sweets by little_profiler



Title: Uncertainties
Fandom: Criminal Minds
Pairing: Morgan/Garcia
Prompt for 30 sweets: #9 Cotton
Rating: T
Disclaimer: Neither the show nor the characters belong to me, they belong to CBS. Nonetheless, I love to borrow them from time to time.
Summary: Part 9/? of the “No more sweets”-series.
warnings: none


“You know, I can go and sleep on the couch,” Derek assured her as he sat on the bedside. “It’s not a problem, really.”

“I know,” Penelope softly replied, smiling at him. “But I… I don’t want you to go. I mean, I… as I said, I like to be near you.”

“Okay.” Smiling widely, he crawled under the blanket next to her and pulled her into his arms. “And as I said, nothing has to happen tonight.”

Penelope nodded against his chest and deeply inhaled his scent. Of course he wouldn’t do anything she didn’t want. He was too much of a gentleman. The problem was, she honestly didn’t know what she wanted “ or maybe she just wasn’t sure what she didn’t want… yet.

Her head was spinning again. She was closer to the man of her dreams than ever before. Not that he hadn’t held her before, but usually, he’d been dressed in more than just his boxers. She could feel his soft skin against hers, the warmth radiating from his body…

Maybe she shouldn’t have agreed to share the bed. Agreed? You suggested this, silly! And be honest, would you really want to abandon this?

She sighed. God, no, she sure as hell wouldn’t want things to be any different. This was heaven. Pure and utter heaven.

“Are you okay, baby?” Derek mumbled against her hair. Her body was still tense in his embrace, and she seemed unable to relax. Maybe this hadn’t been such a good idea. He should have just slept on the couch. He shouldn’t have agreed to sharing the bed.

Agreed, huh? Do you really think you left her a choice? Did you even want to? He wouldn’t want to change anything at the moment. Her soft skin against his chest.

“Yeah,” she assured him, taking a deep breath. “I’m fine.”

“You’re sure?” he pressed her. She really didn’t seem to feel all that comfortable. “You know, I can still sleep on the couch.”

“No,” she quickly replied, raising her head to look at him so that he could see she was serious. “I don’t want you to go. It’s just… I’m… not really used to this, I guess. Us, I mean. You being so close to me. It’s making me… dizzy, sort of.”

“Dizzy?” He grinned at her.

“Well, I… I can’t find a better word, I’m sorry,” She slapped his chest, before snuggling up against him once more.

Softly caressing her back with his fingertips, Derek asked, “Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?”

“I’m feeling good, really,” Penelope assured him. “This is just… unfamiliar.”

“Yeah, I know what you mean.” Derek chuckled slightly.

Penelope’s head shot up, and she stared at him in disbelief.

“Well, I…” Derek stuttered. This wasn’t exactly something he had ever wanted to address. “To be quiet honest, I was mostly kicked out before it got this far… You know.”

“Or you kicked them out, huh?” Penelope bit her lip. The words had escaped her mouth before she’d been able to stop them.

But Derek chuckled. “No, I never took a girl to my place.”

Penelope just frowned at him.

“You know, I just… I don’t know. I didn’t want them to come to my house. This is… private,” he mumbled.

“But… you… You don’t mind me being here?” she asked carefully.

Smiling, Derek caressed her cheek with his finger. “No, absolutely not.”

“Wow,” was all she managed to say. Suddenly, certainly for the first time in her whole life, she felt special. She was special to him.

“With you, everything is different,” Derek added in a low voice. “You turned my whole world upside down, you know. In the best of all ways.”

Blinking back the tears that started forming in her eyes, Penelope whispered, “Thank you,” and leaned forward to reward him with a soft kiss.

When she saw the questioning look on his face, she smiled at him. “For making me feel special.”

“You are special,” he told her with all honesty. “I thought you knew that. There’s only one Penelope Garcia in this world “ and I’m damn lucky she chose me above everyone else.”

“Well, that wasn’t such a hard decision, considering the fact that there’s only one Derek Morgan in this world.” She giggled softly.

“You think?” He frowned at her. “I’m not so sure about that. I mean, there are a lot of guys like me walking around on this planet.”

“That is so not true,” she objected. “Trust me, there might be gazillions of men in this universe, but none of them are as sweet as you, as tough as you, as caring as you, or anywhere near as hot as you.”

“Why, thank you.” Derek grinned at her. “That makes me feel special.”

“Does that mean if we ever have children, they’re gonna be double-special, or special-special?” Penelope teased. Then she looked down and bit her lip again. They were far from talking about children. And even though she’d meant it as a joke, considering the current development of their relationship, this was a serious matter to address.

Gently putting a finger under her chin, Derek made her look up at him again. “I’d say our future children will be uber-special.”

“Yeah, that’s a good word,” she whispered, smiling shyly. She wasn’t sure what she should have said in return. What did his reply mean? Was he telling her that he really wanted to have children one day? Or had he just said that to make her feel less uncomfortable for addressing the matter?

Sensing her discomfort and having a slight idea where it might come from, Derek grinned at her, saying, “You know, it’s a good thing we seem to think the same about the question of whether we want to have children someday or not, because that’s certainly gonna be the first thing my mom will ask us tomorrow.”

Penelope swallowed hard. As much as she’d liked Fran after their first meeting, she honestly wasn’t fond of being grilled by Derek’s mother. What was she going to ask her, anyway? About her past in general? About former boyfriends? God, hopefully not about that!

“Hey, don’t worry,” Derek told her, when he saw the almost frightened expression on her face. “I told her not to ask anything too intimate, or anything embarrassing, or anything anywhere near insulting. She’s just gonna ask the usual stuff.”

“The… usual stuff,” Penelope repeated.

“Yeah, you know, if you like to go to the theatre, what your favorite movie is … stuff like that.” Derek shrugged, hoping it would convince her that there was nothing she needed to be afraid of. “Or what your favorite sweet is.”

“You,” she replied, grinning at him.

“Oh, really? Am I?” he teased, nudging her nose. “I thought it was tiramisu.”

“Well,” Penelope replied, giggling softly. “It’s true, I love tiramisu, but you taste a lot better. And you smell better, too. So if I had to choose between kissing you and eating tiramisu, I’d totally go with the first one.”

Derek chuckled. “Okay, then when my mom asks you about your favorite sweet, maybe you should tell her your second favorite one.”

Giggling slightly, Penelope laid her head onto his chest again and sighed.

“Don’t worry, sweetness. You’ll be fine,” Derek assured her. “My mom already loves you, so there’s nothing you have to worry about.”

“But what if she gets to know me better and then realizes that she doesn’t like me anymore?”

Penelope sighed. She knew how important this was for Derek. What if she ruined it again?

“There is absolutely no reason for my mom not to love you, understood?” Derek told her firmly.

“But…”

“No but,” Derek quickly interrupted her. “There is no reason for anyone not to love you.”

“Okay,” she mumbled.

“No, no, no,” Derek scolded her. “Look at me, Baby Girl!”

Unwillingly, Penelope raised her head to look at him, but she avoided his eyes.

Gently stroking her cheek, Derek repeated, “There is no reason not to love you.”

She just nodded, not sure what he expected her to answer.

“I want you to say it,” he told her seriously.

Penelope swallowed, and then she mumbled, “There… There is no reason not to love me.”

“That’s my girl.” Derek smiled and leaned in to kiss her lips.

Smiling, Penelope snuggled up against him again and closed her eyes. At least she had found a way to make him drop the matter.

“Now we can start working on making you believe those words,” Derek added.

Penelope sighed. She should have known better than to expect him to just let it go.