Login

Love and prejudice by little_profiler



Title: Heat – Part 2
Fandom: Criminal Minds
Pairing: Morgan/Garcia
Prompt for 30_forbidden: #15 Unknown
Rating: T (Maybe even M for the last sentence. ;) )
Disclaimer: Neither the show nor the characters belong to me, they belong to CBS. Nonetheless, I love to borrow them from time to time.
Summary: Part 4/? of the ‘Love and Prejudice’ series. Penelope’s point of view.
warnings: none

It was hard to concentrate. The heat was almost unbearable, and it seemed to get worse every second. Maybe it was the heat radiating from the computers she was working on. Hotch had sent for her because the unsub obviously found his victims via internet. She had spent the past two days digging through the lives of too many young women until she had finally found a connection.

The unsub was clever. He was using different usernames, and they had only found him because Reid had noticed similarities in the style of writing. Fortunately, Hotch had decided that one of the team was staying with Penelope helping her with her searches, while the others were still visiting crime scenes and interviewing family members.

Now Penelope was trying to track down the unsub, which turned out to be not as easy as she’d expected it to be. He was using different methods to cover his tracks in the world wide web, and she was following track after track that were all leading nowhere.

To make things worse, she really couldn’t concentrate anymore. Why did Hotch have to make Derek stay with her today? Not that she didn’t enjoy his company… he was her best friend, after all. But he also was the hottest man on Earth, at least in her opinion, and the heat didn’t help one bit to cool her mind off.

Derek was nonchalantly sitting on his chair, the back of it bent backwards as much as possible, and staring into space. His eyes were dark, which only made him look sexier.

Focus, Penelope! Focus on your work! she reprimanded herself. There was an unsub to catch, and it was her task to track him down.

She followed another line, but again, it led nowhere. Swearing slightly, she leaned back and thought about her options. It was so hot that she had to push her skirt up as much as possible without making a public spectacle of herself. It didn’t help much, but it helped a little.

When she looked up, she realized that Derek was still staring into space. He was wearing a muscle shirt, showing off the tattoos on his upper arms, which were now glinting from the small sweat pearls that covered his deliciously chocolate-like skin. God, how could one man be so damn sexy?!

She couldn’t stop her eyes from wandering over his muscular chest. His shirt was wet with sweat and clinging to his skin so that Penelope could see every muscle through it. She felt a tingle run through her body as one of these muscles moved. Penelope imagined what it would feel like to run her hand over these muscles and feel them move under it. Oh, if only she would get the chance to discover every detail of this luxurious body! She so knew what she would do with Derek Morgan, if she got the chance.

Focus!!! She gave herself a mental slap. Only then did she realize that she was chewing on her pen. She always did that when she was deep in thought – or when she was daydreaming about a particular special agent. She really needed to take her mind off of this man!

Out of the corner of her eye, Penelope saw Derek lick his lips, and… was he actually staring at HER? No, certainly not. He was still focused on a spot somewhere in the air, probably thinking about the case. But that spot seemed to be quite near her cleavage.

Yeah, you wish, Penelope!

Sighing, Penelope turned back to her computer and started typing again. Fortunately, after she’d allowed her mind to play out a little fantasy about herself and a certain agent doing things that would make the temperature in this room go even higher, it seemed to be easier now to focus on her work.

This time, she didn’t walk into the traps the unsub had constructed to cover his tracks. Suddenly an address appeared on her screen. “Um… Hot Stuff, I think I got something,” she told Derek as she sent the address to Reid’s PDA. “I’m gonna tell Reid. I think I found our unsub’s address.”

“Uh-huh,” was all she got as a response. Was he actually listening?

Penelope shrugged it off. He was certainly thinking about the case, and she should do the same. She was taken, after all. Completely and undeniably taken! Damn, she’d been in this relationship for almost two years now!

She had to admit, though, that she lusted after another man. She was already doing so before Kevin stepped into her life, and even though she’d been sure she was ready to move on and get over Derek, she just couldn’t. He made her feel things she didn’t know she was capable of feeling. Whenever he was near her, held her, kissed her forehead, she felt a desire, a need deep in her stomach she hadn’t even known someone could feel for another person.

To make things worse, for about three months now, Penelope had the impression that Derek was feeling the same way about her. Of course, it couldn’t be true, but she frequently caught him staring at her, and all those times that he was standing outside her apartment building, watching her window…

In the end, it certainly didn’t matter. Even if – for whatever reason – Derek was interested in her that way, they could never act on their feelings. Strauss wouldn’t approve of them having a relationship. Besides, Penelope wasn’t going to leave Kevin. Derek, as hot as he might be and as much as she wanted him, still was a player. He simply wasn’t the kind of guy who chose one woman above all the others – least of all someone like her.

So all she could do was stick to her daydreaming from time to time, and try to make the best out of the situation. Derek Morgan was a dream that would never come true.

The ringing of Derek’s cell phone interrupted her thoughts.

“Yeah!”

Was she wrong, or was Morgan actually glad to receive a call? Penelope’s heart sank. He must have been bored to death spending the whole time with her. As a matter of fact, apart from the almost stalking behavior Derek had displayed recently, he seemed to avoid her.

“Why’d you call?” Derek wanted to know, and then he frowned and asked, “Suspect?”

So he really hadn’t been listening when Penelope had been talking to him about what she’d found. What the hell was wrong with this man?! A little offended, she reminded Derek that she’d told him about the suspect.

He just shook his head slightly, as if he needed to clear his mind, and then asked Reid what the problem was. While he listened to the young doctor’s explanations, he seemed to be avoiding Penelope’s questioning glance. She sighed and gave up. She wasn’t going to understand Derek anytime soon. Maybe he just needed to get laid.

“We’re on our way.” Derek sighed and hung up. “Come on, computer genius, they need you to save the day.”

Thank goodness! Finally! She wasn’t forced to be locked up in a much too hot room with a much too hot guy any longer! When she stood up, revealing her skirt that she had forgotten she’d pushed up earlier, she heard Derek groan.

For a moment, she really didn’t know how to react to that. Did that sight actually turn him on? Or maybe it was a sound of disgust. Penelope felt this unpleasant feeling of hurt rising in her chest and tried to cover it with another playful remark.

“What, do I turn you on?” Yeah, Penelope, like hell you do. She quickly pushed her skirt back into the proper position.

“Stop teasing me!” Derek slowly said through gritted teeth as he walked past her. He really sounded as if that had turned him on.

She couldn’t resist. She simply couldn’t. It was just too tempting, and too easy. “Why, does it work?” The words escaped her mouth before she could stop them.

Suddenly, Derek turned around, and the next second, Penelope found herself pinned against the next wall, Derek’s hands holding hers next to her face and his body pressing against hers. She shrieked, panted, and stared at him in shock.

He was so close that she could feel the heat of his body, smell him, almost even taste him. A strange and completely unknown feeling rose in her chest. It was a mixture of longing, need, and pure lust combined with love and the wish to spend the rest of her life this close to him.

Derek’s eyes wandered down to Penelope’s mouth, and her heart skipped a couple of beats. He looked like he was going to kiss her. God, please, just do it! There was this tingle again, and a heat rising in her stomach she’d never felt before. If he tried to ravish her right now, she had absolutely no intention of fighting him.

So many unknown and long repressed feelings were overwhelming her, and all she wanted was to rip their clothes off and make all her naughty dreams come true. She’d never wanted anything this badly.

“You think I’m oblivious of your attractions, but you should be more careful of how you use them. One day I might stop fighting against them.” His voice seemed to come from very far away and sounded muffled in her ears.

Then suddenly, he was gone. Penelope was shaking so vigorously that she was sure her legs wouldn’t be able to hold her upright if she tried walking. Right now, all she needed was a very cold shower – oh, well, and maybe some fresh panties.