Click here to visit the official POI website 'CBS:POI'.
Click here to register and post POI fics 'Register'.
Click here to read the latest POI fics 'Recently Added'.
Menu
 Home
 Register
 Most Recent
 Categories
 Authors
 Titles
 Challenges
 Help
 Rules
 Search
 Top Tens
 Login
 
 
 Contact


 

RSS



Archive Stats
We have stories and authors in this archive.

There are Members.

Currently online:
1 Guests and .

Newest member:


TagBoard


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

My alarm beeped maliciously at 4:30 the following morning; and I was obliged to get up with a groan, rolling across the bed to slap at the clock before trudging into the bathroom to shower. As I stood there with the warm water washing over my body; the irritation at having to be up at this hour was quickly replaced by my excitement over the day’s agenda.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel, my heart rate accelerating even further as I saw the shopping bag that housed the admittedly superfluous purchase I made the previous day during my tour of the city. I knew that I had perhaps taken Mark’s statement of “looking the part” a bit too seriously when buying the strappy black sundress and matching heeled sandals; but I just couldn’t help but want to make at least an attempt at flabbergasting him as much as he had me.

Slipping into the dress and donning the heels, I made my way back into the bathroom to fix my hair and makeup into some semblance of order; sipping at a cup of coffee that had been brewing while I was cleaning up. Once I was satisfied with my ability to pass as a wealthy businessman’s mistress, I strode back to the room to zip up my travel bag. A sharp knock at the door halted me in my actions; and I froze only momentarily before setting the bag back down on the bed. Throwing back the last swig of coffee in the cup, I moved to answer; opening the door and stepping back with a much more composed smile than I had managed at our previous meetings, as Agent Snow appeared on the other side.

“Well, you clean up nice” he said, smiling and looking me over before standing back from the doorway and motioning for me to exit. “The cab is waiting; we have to move quickly if we want to make the earlier flight.”

I nodded at him, taking one last look around my tiny room before picking up my duffel and heading out. I had no idea where this job was taking me; but I knew it had to be better than living day to day in a hotel room with no one but the spiders for company. And I knew it was a whole lot better than returning to the Middle East and the combat that was rampant there.

Or so I thought.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………
A few days into our quest to track Reese; I had discovered that he was just much of a mystery as my new boss. He was always one step ahead of our efforts to locate him; and I was beginning to feel that perhaps the CIA could have chosen a better person to aid them in tracking the rogue. Just as I was about to suggest this thought to Mark, however, we received a well-deserved change of fortune.

I had managed to catch on to the fact that the current trail we were following was actually a well laid ruse; and Snow was quite pleased at my easy detection of what would have amounted to a wild goose chase. Reese had made it seem as though his trail was inward; into the heart of China when in fact he had already left just this morning for the States. I had been all for departing immediately to follow him; but Mark had other ideas, claiming with a smirk that we had not done a very decent job of acting the part of the businessman and his mistress during our stay.

“After all” he had said, grinning at me, “we can always catch a flight bright and early tomorrow. I doubt our friend will have gotten very far by then.”

So it was that I found myself donning a glittering dark blue dress that Mark had nabbed from a local fashion emporium nearby our hotel; and I was adjusting the straps and inspecting my appearance in the mirror on the closet door, when Mark himself appeared behind me dressed as always in that impeccable black dress suit. He strode up so that he was just inches from my exposed back; and I shivered as the fabric of his suit jacket brushed against my skin (the dress had a rather unfortunate knack to plunge down to my waist, revealing quite a bit of my shoulders and lower back…which I was almost positive was his intent when he purchased it).

“Ready to wow all of the diplomats at the gala?” he asked, resting his chin on my shoulder as he snaked an arm around my waist and pulled me into his chest.

As I took in the almost predatory gleam in his eyes, I stiffened automatically, unsure how to take this newest development; all the while fighting the part of me that was rejoicing at this intimate contact. I had to be kidding myself if I actually thought he was doing anything more than playing along with our assigned roles.

Repeating this thought to myself as though it were my new mantra, I smiled at him in the mirror as I played his game; leaning back against him, and taking extra care to brush my hips against his before stepping around him and moving towards the door.

I reveled in his dazed expression as I walked away, picking up my purse that had been sitting on the edge of the bed; and turning to face him as I said

“Coming, Agent Snow?”

He shook himself minutely, generating barely enough movement for it to be noticeable; before joining me and snaking an arm around my waste once more. A shiver went down my spine as he planted a light kiss against my neck; before saying:

“Absolutely.”

We walked out of the hotel room together, and made our way to the gala; acting for all the world as though we were indeed who we pretended to be. Although I was loath to admit this; I enjoyed every deceptive minute of it.



Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.


This site and its content are for entertainment purposes only, and not meant to offend anyone or infringe upon anyone's right. All the stories here are the original works of their authors, who are fully responsible for whatever they post here. Online since 1/23/12

PARENTS! Restrict access to this site. Click a links below to find out how.
Cyber Patrol | Surf Watch | Net Nanny | RSAC Rated