Click here to visit the official POI website 'CBS:POI'.
Click here to register and post POI fics 'Register'.
Click here to read the latest POI fics 'Recently Added'.
Menu
 Home
 Register
 Most Recent
 Categories
 Authors
 Titles
 Challenges
 Help
 Rules
 Search
 Top Tens
 Login
 
 
 Contact


 

RSS



Archive Stats
We have stories and authors in this archive.

There are Members.

Currently online:
2 Guests and .

Newest member:


TagBoard


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Chapter 3

The gunshots rang out twice in quick succession. Immediately Reese saw his two targets fall forward in the car where they had arranged a meeting. He watched through his rifle scope to make sure that they were indeed dead. These two men were the last members of the team that had been responsible for the fiasco in Columbia. One was even the team leader. Reese had read the reports and he couldn’t believe the team leader had been that stupid! To have sent in men into the situation without scouting out the area within two hours of when the operation was set to take place was purely suicidal! Of course this had been the man’s first mission as team leader and he knew none of his own soldiers’ strengths or weaknesses. Why had been chosen for this particular mission, Reese was beginning to suspect was not a coincidence. It seemed a deliberate act on the part of someone higher up. Reese’s next “visit” was planned for the man who had put together the team and appointed the team leader, namely a Col. Spence Fraser.
Reese quickly disassembled his sniper’s rifle and moved to get out of the area. He knew that it wouldn’t be long before Snow showed up at the scene. The man had been hot on his trail for the past two months. From what Reese was able to tell, Snow had gotten himself appointed as the lead in the case of cleaning up the CIA’s latest mess…one John Reese. Reese sneered at the thought that Mark would ever be able to catch him unless he WANTED to be caught. Reese trusted no one now and relied solely on his training and even more, his experience from the past several years with the CIA. He knew several tricks that Mark knew nothing about and would never know, until Reese had him in his cross-hairs and it was too late. Just before he left the scene, Reese took out a shell casing and left it on the stone he had used to prop up his rifle. Mark would know what it meant and who it was from. Reese didn’t worry about the fact that his prints were on the casing, he had left one at the scene of each of his revenge killings: the six team members of the Columbian hit team, the station chief in Frankfurt who had turned a blind eye when Mark killed Stanton and his two assets that had covered up the murder, the head of the drug ring of the Sinaloa cartel that had helped the CIA take down a rival cartel on the pretense of stopping terrorism. Reese WANTED everyone involved to know that they would be paying for their crimes.
Six days later, Reese watched through the window as Col. Fraser kissed his wife goodbye and walked out to the car waiting for him. Reese smiled to see the security detail of six men set to guard the Col. As if twenty men could keep him from achieving his goals. He was bringing the down the cataclysm to those who were responsible for Stanton and Jessica’s deaths and nothing and no one would stop him. The car pulled away from the house and John snapped the faceplate of his helmet down and kick started the motorcycle to follow. He followed at a distance, confident of where the Col. was going. In the past four days Reese had been running surveillance on him, the man only varied his route once.
As they were approaching a bridge, Reese unslung the launcher from his back and aimed at the lead car. The car blew up in a fireball and the following car was forced to stop. Almost immediately, three men jumped out of the car with guns drawn. They looked for a target but didn’t get far before Reese took them out, flying past on his motorcycle and leaving three more bodies behind him. Reese then turned the motorcycle around and approached the car. Inside, Col. Fraser was cowering on the floor.
“Who told you to put together the team for the Columbia Op?” Reese asked in a low, menacing voice.
“Whaaaat?” the Col. couldn’t keep the quaver out of his voice. “What Columbia Op?”
Reese shot him in the knee without blinking an eye and asked him again in a lower growl, “Who ordered the Columbia team assembled?”
Col. Fraser screamed and clutched his knee. “It was General Bosk! He told me to assemble a team and that it didn’t matter who I chose, in fact I was to choose the most inexperienced people I could find, that it wouldn’t matter if they failed this time, they’d at least get some needed experience. He told me where and when to send them. Please, I need help, please, my knee hurts so badly!”
“There were innocent civilians that were killed because of you and your orders!” Reese almost yelled. “Didn’t you care about that? “
“I’m… I’m sorry, I was told that they didn’t matter that the operation HAD to go down then and there. Please! Help me! I’m in so much pain!”
Reese looked at him pityingly and whispered, “I wish there was someone who would put me out of my misery. Misery you are responsible for.” And he pulled the trigger.
Two weeks later, Reese watched as General Tim Bosk sat on a bench just outside the Genghis Khan Memorial. The General had been much harder to track down than his previous targets. Reese suspected it was because he was in the middle of planning an operation. Reese had tracked him from Brazil to Morocco and now here to China. Watching through his telescopic lens on his scope, Reese saw a man with black hair approach the General. The black haired man moved with a precision that screamed professional soldier. He sat down next to the General and Reese pointed his listening equipment towards the pair.
“Well? Are the assets in place? Do they know who their target is?” the General demanded.
“Yes. The mission will be going down in ten minutes. The Moroccans know they are to take out as many people as possible as well as Richard Durant in order to make it look like a terrorist attack.” was the reply.
“Good. Then the people at the Aston English School are about to have a bad day thanks to Mr. Durant. He should know better than to think he can leave the Company and disappear.” Bosk said with a hard edge to his voice. Reese couldn’t believe his ears. The Company was planning on murdering innocent civilians just to get at a former asset in hiding! Reese’s anger knew no bounds. He decided that he would try and foil the op but he was determined to find out who had ordered the mission. His answer came sooner than expected.
“Where is Snow right now? I thought he’d be the one here running this op since it was his idea.”
“Snow had to take care of something in Quindao. He left me in charge here.” Bosk answered.
Snow! He should have known. Snow was known as the Company’s cleaner. Reese took aim with his rifle and took out General Bosk with one shot. The crack of gunfire caused the tourists waiting to enter the Memorial to scatter and the black-haired man took the opportunity to dodge into the fleeing crowd. No matter, Reese’s main target had always been those responsible for Jessica and Stanton’s death. Reese left his shell casing message and hurried off to see what he could do about the foiling the upcoming operation.
He arrived ten minutes too late. The carnage was incredible. Bodies were strewn around the courtyard and the silence was deafening. Reese advanced slowly with his gun at the ready. He slowly made his way through the buildings and found no one left alive. He couldn’t believe Snow’s ruthlessness. These people didn’t deserve to die! They had been going about their everyday business today not knowing that it would be their last. No matter what this Richard Durant had known or seen, Reese couldn’t believe that it warranted this much death and destruction. Damn Snow to hell! At least now though, Reese knew where to find him. Suddenly Reese saw something familiar. There was a blood-stained shirt of his next to a body. Two feet away, were a bunch of shell casings that he recognized as the ones he had been leaving behind for Snow. Then he recognized an old gun of his that he must have left behind in the Frankfurt safe house. He was being set up for this! He gathered up all of the planted evidence and took it with him. Walking out of the last building, Reese determined that now was the time to take out Snow, before he could order any more operations like the one at this school.
Amid the barrels of gasoline at the abandoned refinery stood two men, one holding a gun to the other’s head.
The gun clicked as it was cocked near his ear. Reese stayed calm on the outside but inside he was screaming that it would come to this! He wasn’t done! He had promised Jessica and Stanton that he would make the people responsible for their deaths pay and he had been… until now.
“Well John, it appears you took the bait after all. I wasn’t sure if Bosk had told you where I was before you shot him. I should have known better. How did you get out of the trap we set for you in Ordos by the way? I thought for sure the local authorities would get you and they aren’t known for being gentle with murders.”
Reese snarled. “You know I had nothing to do with that. How could you let those people die? And the mission in Columbia?” Reese turned his head to look at Mark not caring at that point if he was shot. “And Stanton? Why her?” Reese wasn’t sure what he was looking for but he saw no concern at all on Mark’s face for all the death he had caused.
Mark shrugged. “Sometimes good people have to die so that more will live. It’s the law of the jungle.”
Reese couldn’t believe that he had once called this evil man a friend. How could he have been so blind as to Mark’s true nature? Without warning, Reese struck out at Mark and dodged when the shot meant for his head went whining by his ear. Reese kicked out with his leg and connected with Mark pushing him backward into the wall. Mark came out swinging and hit Reese in the side. Another blow to Mark’s face by Reese’s elbow had the blood flowing freely and then Reese opened a gash in Mark’s cheek. Reese’s face lit up as me realized that Mark was no match for him in hand to hand combat. Mark rarely got his hands dirty and it had taken a toll on his field tactics. Snow must have realized it too because he reached down to his leg and came back up holding a gun. Reese threw himself to the ground but not before Snow had shot the gasoline barrels behind him. The resulting explosion and fireball engulfed the area where Reese had been seconds earlier and threw Snow off his feet and backwards. When he regained his feet, he smiled knowing no one could have survived that blast. The CIA was finally rid of John Reese.



Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.


This site and its content are for entertainment purposes only, and not meant to offend anyone or infringe upon anyone's right. All the stories here are the original works of their authors, who are fully responsible for whatever they post here. Online since 1/23/12

PARENTS! Restrict access to this site. Click a links below to find out how.
Cyber Patrol | Surf Watch | Net Nanny | RSAC Rated