Click here to visit the official POI website 'CBS:POI'.
Click here to register and post POI fics 'Register'.
Click here to read the latest POI fics 'Recently Added'.
Menu
 Home
 Register
 Most Recent
 Categories
 Authors
 Titles
 Challenges
 Help
 Rules
 Search
 Top Tens
 Login
 
 
 Contact


 

RSS



Archive Stats
We have stories and authors in this archive.

There are Members.

Currently online:
2 Guests and .

Newest member:


TagBoard


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Their first stop was to Carter’s precinct to get the info on the person they were currently trying to help. Reese watched for a moment as Carter crossed the street, particularly fixating on the sway of her hips as she walked. He then noticed that as she made her way up the stone steps it took her a moment to get inside, as several of her male co-workers stopped to teasingly compliment her on her glam looks. After using just one of her fingers to express to her co-workers what she thought about their whistles and words, Carter finally disappeared into the build. Once Carter was out of sight Reese pushed the button of the phone piece in his ear.

“Mr. Reese,” Finch’s voice suddenly filled Reese’s head.

“Finch,” Reese greeted in reply.

“I wasn’t expecting you to be calling in so late.”

“Well you were the one who told me that the machine never sleeps, and sometimes that means we don’t either.”

“Huhn, so I did and how can I help you?”

“I need you to pull up all the info you can on a Michael Marsters.”

“Michael Marsters, does he have something to do with our current case?” Finch asked curiously.

“Well, I don’t know Finch that’s what I’m asking you to find out.” Reese easily lied. Though he didn’t feel guilty about it when it came to Finch, they both had their secrets they kept from each other, as well as, the white lies they told each other.

“Michael Marsters, let’s see.” Finch began his search and Reese could hear the steady ticking of the keys as his eyes once again landed on Carter as she exited the precinct with a file hidden under her arm. It didn’t take Carter as long to exit as it had to enter and within second she had crossed the street and had opened the passenger side door.

“Got it,” She announced triumphantly as she slid into the seat, closed the door, and held out the file to Reese, who took it with a smile.

“I never doubted that you would.” Reese replied.

“Is that Det. Carter with you?” Finch inquired as he paused in his search and stared up from the computer screen though he didn’t focus on anything in particular.

“Yes, Det. Carter has graciously volunteered to help us with this case since she has the next few days off. She’s accompanying me on a little stake out.” Reese said as he threw a smile at Carter who in turned rolled her eyes at his audacity while she tried to keep a smile off her face.

“As for the information on Mr. Marsters there’s quite a bit it may take a while for it all to compile.”

“Just call back when you have it, thanks Finch.” Reese said and quickly disconnected the call and focused fully on the file that Carter has handed him. “Well it seems that Mr. Jacobson didn’t make all of his riches on Wall Street.” He spoke as he read through the file. Carter instinctively leaned closer and craned her neck a bit to read the sideways file.

“No, not if he has had any dealings with Marco Delgado.” Carter concurred as she pointed at the name on the file sheet. It showed that Jacobson had been arrested along with Delgado back in 2010, but somehow the charges had been dropped. Both Reese and Carter knew it was most likely due to a buy off. “Delgado is one of the biggest drug dealers on the south side. Word on the street is he’s been looking to take his business uptown to the more sophisticated crowds with the expensive tastes. I guess he’s found someone to help him to do that.” When she only got silence in reply Carter turned her gaze towards Reese and gasped in surprise to find his steely blue eyes staring directly at her. “What?” She asked feeling self-conscious for the second time that night due to him staring at her.

“You smell…nice.” He stated and Carter moved back further in her seat as she realized just how close she had moved into his personal space.

“Thanks,” She answered as she brushed a stray lock of her hair for her face. “So what now?”

“Now we pay Mr. Jacobson a visit. He hasn’t reported his son’s kidnapping to the authorities so I suspect sooner or later he will make direct contact with the kidnappers and when he does I want to be there.”

***sometime later outside Jacobson’s high rise apartment building***

They arrive at Jacobson and waited even though Finch had informed them that Jacobson was still at the job doing work, Finch didn’t care to divulge that the ‘work’ Jacobson was doing was his new 21 year old secretary. Reese and Carter had been quietly sitting outside Jacobson’s high rise for nearly an hour before the silence was broken By Reese. “So how did you and your boyfriend meet?” He asked as he peered through the night vision goggles up at Jacobson’s dark apartment.

“He’s not my boyfriend,” Carter replied as she paused in blowing off the stream bellowing from the cup of coffee they had gotten along with some other snacks at a bodega just around the corner from where they sat. She then went back to blowing at her coffee to cool it down, not bothering to answer the question.

“Since you seem to spend most of your time working, my guess would be you met him on the job.” Reese continued as he pulled the scopes from his eyes and turned to look at Carter. “He didn’t look like a cop, so was he someone you busted?” He teased knowing that she had more class and higher standards than to date a criminal or thug.

“I don’t know you tell me. You’re the one who seems to know so much about me and what’s going on in my life.” Carter countered around a smile as she sipped at her coffee, not taking his bait. Before Reese could continue to tease Carter he noticed movement in the apartment he had been staring at for the past hour. He pulled the night vision goggles back to his eyes and stared to get a better look. He clearly saw a form moving about the darkened apartment and they seemed to be looking for something.

“Wait here, I’ll be right back.” He announced as he sat the goggles aside and opened the driver side door.

“Wait, what’s happening should I come to give you back up?” Carter asked as she opened her door and stood just outside of it and gazed across the hood of the car at Reese.

“No thank you detective, I’ve been going wee wee all by myself for quite some time now,” Reese stated as he smirked and Carter couldn’t stop the smile that spread across her face as she shook her head at him a bit. It was the sort of smile that made Reese feel less guilty about lying to her, in fact he decided then that he could and would lie to her more if it would gain him ‘that’ smile. “I’ll be right back.” He said and then quickly moved to the high rise building to use the bathroom, while Carter got back inside the car and waited.

His lie about needing to use the restroom also got him past the security guard’s desk and the Knick’s game playing on the portable TV the guard had on behind the desk was enough to get him past the elevators and to the stairwell. He easily avoided the many cameras that plagued the corridors which swayed back and forth on a synchronized timer. Reese found Jacobson’s apartment door slightly ajar, he quietly entered and closed the door behind him. He waited a moment at the door to allow his eyes to adjust to the darkness. A noise coming from the hallway to his right alerted him to where the intruder was and he stealthily moved down the hallway. It was in the second room on the right, which appeared to be Jacobson’s home office, where Reese found the intruder rummaging through the desk.

“Hey,” Reese’s calm voice filled the quiet room and the masked intruder’s head snapped up in surprise. “Watcha looking for maybe I can help you.” After a moment pause the intruder ran headlong at Reese who was blocking the door. Reese easily sidestepped the punch aimed at his head and grabbed the assailant around the waist and tackled them to the ground.

Carter watched impatiently at the entrance to the high rise building. She had suspected from the moment Reese exited the car that he was up to something, but she also knew that if he needed her help her would call her. The problem was she wasn’t much for waiting around, so she figured she’d just go in, flash her badge, and take a look around. Just as she grabbed the handle to the door the phone she had gotten from Reese rang.

“Hello,”

“Hello, Det. Carter,” Finch replied from the other end of the line. “I hope I’m not interrupting anything important but I know that you are with Mr. Reese and he’s not answering his phone. Is everything ok?”

“I don’t know yet. He went inside Mr. Jacobson’s apartment building, so I expect a body to drop from a window any second now.” Carter half joked as she looked up to where Jacobson’s apartment sat. Finch actually chuckled a bit at the comment. “So what’s up?” She asked bringing them back to the reason he was calling.

“Mr. Reese asked me to gather information on a Mr. Michael Marsters.” Finch stated and Carter’s Jaw clinched in anger as she gritted her teeth and cursed under her breath. “There was quite a bit on him, but I quickly discovered that was because he’s the assistant D.A,” Finch said and Carter nodded her head and silently mouth, ‘I know’. “After digging a little deeper I discovered that Mr. Marsters and our Mr. Jacobson have something in common, or I should say someone in common. The name Marco Delgado keeps coming up in both of their background.”

“Well, Marco Delgado is one of the biggest drug dealers in the city, since Mich…Mr. Marsters is the Assistant D.A, it wouldn’t be unusual for him to have had some run-ins with Delgado.” Carter defended.

“Yes, and every single case he ever defended against Mr. Delgado he lost. Mr. Delgado walked and every time there would be $100,000 transferred from Mr. Delgado’s bank account, while Mr. Marsters’ bank account increased by $100,000.” Finch said and Carter knew what he was implying. “It’s the same pattern with Mr. Jacobson. He handles a stock portfolio for Mr. Delgado and every month on the same day $100, 000 would be transferred from Mr. Delgado’s bank account, and Mr. Jacobson’s personal banking account would see a $100,000 increase. It’s a fixed pattern even when Delgado’s stock falls.” At that moment the driver side door opened and a panting an dslightly bloodied Reese got in behind the wheel.

“I’ll let him know,” Carter said and then ended the call with Finch and gave Reese a once over. Even though she was royally pissed at him she couldn’t help the wave of concern at seeing him bleeding. She was sure still due to some under lying guilt she still felt over getting him shot up by Agent Snow and his goons.

“What happened to you, did you have to go through some sort of initiation before you could use the bathroom, some kind of fight club?” Carter asked with a smirk seeing that the wounds were superficial. Reese threw her a wide smirk in return.

“Well I would tell you Carter but the 1st rule of fight club is you…”

“Never talk about the fight club, yeah I saw the movie.” She completely the sentence Reese had started. “Ok then, how about we talk about why you had Mr. Finch to do a background check on my boyfriend.” Carter asked as she rolled her neck a bit. Reese scowled a bit before he spoke.

“I thought you said he wasn’t your boyfriend.” He said casually. Carter rolled her eyes and looked out her window as she shook her head a bit at his nerve. “So what did Finch find out?”

“You answer my question first, why did you have him checking on Michael?” Carter asked again as she turned back to glare at Reese.

“I was just being a friend, trying to look out for you.” Reese replied.

“Well, ‘friend’ I would appreciate it in the future that you at least…I don’t know…ask me before hand.”

“You want me to ask your permission to do future background checks on your boyfriends?” Reese asked as he chuckled a bit at her and Carter fought hard not to laugh at her own words.

“He’s not my boyfriend and no, I don’t want you doing background checks on my…friends, period.”

“Okay.” Reese responded and Carter narrowed her eyes and stared at him.

“You have absolutely no intentions of respecting my wishes do you?” She asked.

“I promise you Jos that I will not do anything except look out for yours and Taylor’s best interest, in order to keep you both safe?” His sincere words gave her pause and genuinely touched her heart.

“Why?” She asked in almost a whisper and he stared at her for a long moment before he reached out and gently brushed a lock of her thick hair from her face, and let his knuckles glide over her cheek. Carter subconsciously leaned into his touch and as if by some magnetic force Reese lean forward. When they had gotten so close their warm breaths caressed and tickled each other’s faces, he finally replied to her question.

“I don’t want anything to happen to you?” He said in a hushed tone as the tip of his nose grazed hers.

“Why?” She whispered and then her tongue darted out and moistened her lips.

“I don’t know,” Reese answered and then cupped the back of her neck with his hand and pulled her into a deep sensual kiss.



Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.


This site and its content are for entertainment purposes only, and not meant to offend anyone or infringe upon anyone's right. All the stories here are the original works of their authors, who are fully responsible for whatever they post here. Online since 1/23/12

PARENTS! Restrict access to this site. Click a links below to find out how.
Cyber Patrol | Surf Watch | Net Nanny | RSAC Rated