Click here to visit the official POI website 'CBS:POI'.
Click here to register and post POI fics 'Register'.
Click here to read the latest POI fics 'Recently Added'.
Menu
 Home
 Register
 Most Recent
 Categories
 Authors
 Titles
 Challenges
 Help
 Rules
 Search
 Top Tens
 Login
 
 
 Contact


 

RSS



Archive Stats
We have stories and authors in this archive.

There are Members.

Currently online:
1 Guests and .

Newest member:


TagBoard


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

"I said no thank you. Don't make me have to tell you again." Detective Joss Carter pulled her badge out from inside her shirt where it hung by the ball chain around her neck. The man held his hands up palms facing her as he slowly backed away mumbling apologies to her. Shaking her head, she spun her stool back around to face the bar. She hadn't been here for thirty fucking minutes and she'd already had to flash her badge to get rid of an overzealous, inebriated asshole...and he hadn't even been the first one to approach her. She should have known she wouldn't be able to sit and enjoy a beer on her first night off in over two weeks. Her phone lit up just as she finished her thought.

She sighed as she picked up her vibrating cell phone off of the bar. The display showed the number as Unavailable. Instinctively she knew it was him before she answered.

"Detective Carter." She answered.

"Good evening Detective." The silky voice on the other line drawled. "I thought you had the evening off?"

"I'm sure you already know I do." Her cocky little attitude evident as always in the tone of her voice. She picked up the beer she had been nursing and took a long pull from the bottle just to illustrate her 'off the clock' status, even though he couldn't see her do it.

"Then why didn't you just answer your phone with a simple hello, Joss?" She closed her eyes; enjoying the shiver that traveled down her spine just from hearing him say her name. He didn't call her by her first name often. A luscious warmth spread through her body as she thought about how she wouldn't mind hearing him say it again...and again. What the hell was she thinking! She sighed softly, her fingers massaging her brow as if she could rub the thought out of her mind.

"Are you still there Detective?"

So we're back to titles, she thought to herself. "Yeah, I'm still here...Reese." She smiled raising the apples of her cheeks.

She felt his presence behind her a split second before she heard his voice. "You really should smile more often." His soft, silky voice whispered in the ear that she wasn't holding her phone up to. "It suits you beautifully." He was standing behind her just to the side but close enough that his chest was pressing lightly against her back while his breath caressed the bare skin of her neck. She turned her head and looked up at him. One side of his mouth was pulled up in a sly grin. Oh how she loved it when he did that.

When she was able to tear her gaze from those gorgeous blue eyes of his she let her gaze travel down his long frame. He was wearing a dark wine-colored, long-sleeve button down shirt paired with dark blue jeans. He wasn't in his typical attire but God...he still looked better than any man she'd seen in a really long time and certainly better than anyone in the bar tonight.

"No suit?" She asked playfully. Her brow raised and her head tilted to the side.

"I have the evening off too Detective..." He put his left hand on the back of her bar stool and spun her slowly so that she was facing him. She shivered as the skirt she was wearing allowed her knees to brush lightly against his legs. "...What, you don't approve?" He feigned a hurt look and then his grin was back.

Her eyes flickered down and back up lasciviously. "Oh, no I do." The words had left her lips before she could stop herself. Her eyes dropped as a blush crept up her neck to her face. She couldn't believe she had just said that...out loud! She thought she should probably get away from him before she made an even bigger fool of herself. Sure, there had been some flirting between the two of them before but for some reason, this felt...different tonight. She tried to slide off of the stool and step away from him but he was too quick. His other arm shot out to the bar essentially trapping her.

She looked up at him, several different emotions flickered across her face before she spoke. "What are you doin' John?"

He stepped closer to her; reaching out and slipping his hand around the beer bottle she was still holding over the bar. His fingers applied the slightest pressure over hers; she shivered from the contact. He pulled it gently from her fingers and set it down. He slowly snaked his arm around her waist while simultaneously grabbing her coat from the back of the bar stool. He looked down at her, his normally light blue eyes darkened to pools of deep blue steel. "You trust me, don't you Joss?" There was no hesitation in her response; she nodded without even thinking...of course she did. "Yes." She whispered. He pulled her to his side and started walking them to the door. She glanced up at him questioningly but allowed him to lead. He stopped them at the door and held out her coat. She slipped her arms inside and he pulled it onto her shoulders. His hands ran a path down her arms to her hands before he stepped back around to her side. His left arm took its place back around her waist as he ushered them outside and onto the sidewalk. Almost unconsciously her own arm soon found its way around him.

"Where is Taylor this evening?" He asked after they had walked about a block from the pub.

"Staying at a friend's for the weekend...why?" She felt his arm tighten ever so slightly around her. He didn't answer her question or even look at her as they continued down the sidewalk. She wasn't scared of him, but it was starting to get to her just a bit. This silence of his, being taken without being asked, not knowing where he was taking her…the complete lack of control. She decided that she needed to take control of the situation before it got out of hand.

"John?" She tried pulling him to a stop but it barely even faltered his gait.

"Hmm?" His answer was barely a murmur.

"I don't suppose you'd like to fill me in on where the hell you're takin' me?

She watched his mouth curl wickedly but he still wouldn't look at her. "Not really."

Her brow crinkled in frustration. She'd had enough. Who the hell did he think he was? Just assuming that she would follow him wherever he wanted to go, no questions asked. Seriously? He obviously didn't know her very well. She wasn't going another step until he started talking.

She planted her feet, dropped her shoulder and lowered her chin so that his arm would slide over her when she stopped moving. It was a smooth enough move and would have worked on almost anyone else but damn it, he had been ready...but then wasn't he always? Instead of him continuing on forward he pivoted quickly and was standing directly in front of her; his arm still wrapped securely around her. He smirked and then pulled her even closer to him; her chest now pressed tightly against his. Her breath caught in her throat as she tilted her face up and saw the look of barely concealed amusement.

"Ya know Joss, if you wanted to stop, all you had to do was ask."

Her eyes narrowed as she fought the smile from creeping up but she didn't win. Some part of her brain that was obviously not under her control, thought that smiling would be the appropriate response to his smart ass comment. She shook her head at herself and gave up the fight, grinning.

"Ready to go?" He asked, raising his brows.

"I don't know John, where are we going?"

He inhaled deeply, sliding his hands slowly up her back. "Oh, some place quiet where we can...talk, have a drink or two, maybe even enjoy our night off together." Before she could respond, he moved back to her side, his arm never relinquishing its hold on her.

After they had started walking again she responded. "I thought that's what I was doing when you walked in and forced me to leave with you John."

"I didn't force you." He answered innocently. "I doubt I could force you to do much of anything Joss."

She chuckled softly shaking her head.

"And you certainly weren't enjoying yourself." He continued before she had a chance to deny it. "You had been nursing your beer so long that it got warm and you didn't look like you were enjoying the company of either one of the men that were hitting on you either."

"How do you...?" Her question trailed off in a sigh when she realized that she hadn't been alone at the bar. "So how long had you been there?"

"A while." He replied nonchalantly.

Her head whipped up to look at him. "Well shit John, what took you so long then?"

He chuckled. "I just wanted to make sure you weren't meeting someone before I came over. That could have been awkward."

"Yeah, and the two douche bags that thought I was ready and willing, just because I'm in a skirt, weren't awkward enough to warrant an interruption?"

"Speaking of which..." His voice lowered almost to a whisper as he leaned his head towards her. "...I really wish you would wear one more often. I understand that it wouldn't be the most appropriate work attire but the view is something to behold."

He could feel her reaction almost instantly; her breathing quickened and her hand clenched his side where her arm was still wrapped around him." He decided that he had to see what other reactions he could illicit from her.

"You can't really blame them Joss." He continued. "They obviously saw what I saw. I can understand why they were so compelled to try and get your attention."

He glanced down at her through hooded eyes. Her mouth opened slightly, her smooth brow wrinkled in what? Confusion?...No, disbelief...that's what it was.

"But… He continued. "…just because I understand why, doesn't mean that I didn't want to snap their necks for getting so close to you without permission."

She looked up at him quickly.

"Oh don't worry Detective, I wouldn't have actually done it...unless you wanted me too of course."

"OK, seriously John?" Her voice broke.

He stopped suddenly and pulled her around in front of him. His hands rose to cradle her face as he starred at her with a look of wild intensity. "Yes." He answered bluntly. If you're asking me if I would kill someone for you…unequivocally, yes. I will do anything in my power to protect you until the day that I die, or until you ask me to stop."

She couldn't speak...she had no idea how to respond. Her eyes were searching his as if she might find her response there.

He suddenly reached down and grabbed one of her hands and dragged her with him into a quiet little alley that they had been standing close to.

"John, I..." Was all she was able to say before he had her pressed against the cold bricks of the alley wall. Her hands instinctively flew to his chest. In the next instant his mouth was on hers and immediately went to work skillfully devouring her lips. His hands rose to cradle her face again and then quickly moved to thread through her thick hair. When she moaned his tongue slid into her soft mouth and began a dance with her velvety tongue. He slanted his head to get a better angle and her hands started moving up his chest. They snaked around his neck, her fingers grasping wildly at his hair, his skin, anything, that they could use to pull him closer.

He ground his hips into hers and she moaned his name. She wrapped one of her legs around him allowing him to push even harder against her. She thought she could feel every inch of him pressing into her. She shifted her hips and pulled him towards her; digging her heel into the back of his leg. A growl rumbled deep in his throat as she started frantically grabbing at the buttons of his shirt. Too many fucking buttons, she thought. She was almost to the point where she was going to rip into his shirt when his arm reached down, wrapped around her leg and pulled it higher up. Her skirt had now ridden up to her hip removing one less barrier between them. His other hand found her waist and pushed her shirt up until he found skin. His fingers slid up until they reached her bra. His thumb slid lightly over the front finding her nipple. Her breath hitched and her back arched. She decided to forget about his shirt and moved to his waist to unbuckle his belt. As soon as her hands reached his waist his hand slid carefully from her leg, allowing it to slide down slowly. He reached down and grabbed both of her hands and lifted them up, pinning them to the wall.

"Joss..." He pulled his mouth reluctantly from hers.

"John..." She whimpered. "Please..." She struggled, trying to get out of his hold so that she could pull him back down to her.

"Joss, no..." He started. His breathing was deep and ragged.

"What?" A devastated look immediately marred her beautiful face as she peered up at him. She misunderstood…He couldn't allow her to think he didn't want her. He let go of one of her hands and placed it gently on her cheek. "I didn't mean no..." He started. "Just not here...not like this."

"But..."

He moved his thumb over her mouth and shook his head. "If you want this as much as I do, come with me because it's not going to happen here. Not our first time Joss." He leaned down slowly and captured her lower lip. He sucked it gently between his teeth flicking it gently with his tongue. She moaned; a deep throaty sound that nearly did him in.

He slowly let her lip slide from his mouth. Her eyes were closed and her beautiful soft mouth was still swollen from his kisses. He wanted her so much he could barely control himself but he knew he had to if he was going to give her the night she so deserved.

"Come with me?" He whispered, almost afraid that she might refuse.

Her eyes opened slowly. "Yes." Was her breathy reply.

John stepped back pulling her with him. He wrapped his arm around her once again as they started walking back out to the sidewalk.
Chapter End Notes:
TBC…Let me know if you like :-)



Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.


This site and its content are for entertainment purposes only, and not meant to offend anyone or infringe upon anyone's right. All the stories here are the original works of their authors, who are fully responsible for whatever they post here. Online since 1/23/12

PARENTS! Restrict access to this site. Click a links below to find out how.
Cyber Patrol | Surf Watch | Net Nanny | RSAC Rated