Login

The Newest Member by TheDoctorsWife



The Bau’s profilers stood together and watched as their team leader led Dr. Marian Cameron down the hallway. She was tall and skinny, almost exactly the female version of Dr. Reid, with darker hair. Her features were gentle, and kind. She seemed so unaware of her beauty that you just wanted to throw a mirror at her so she can see how the world saw her.
“Everyone, this is Dr. Cameron.” Hotch announced as soon as they reached the group.
“Marian, please. Its really nice to meet you. I’ve studied your cases and I am really excited to learn from all of you.” She looked at them, clearly impressed, and a little overwhelmed.
“Marian, remember that you are not here to learn from us, you’re a part of our team now, you have a lot to contribute." She flushed and nodded, “Now, let me introduce you to your co-workers. This is our Liaison, Agent Jennifer Jareau.” Hotch motioned towards the blond woman at his right.
“Call me JJ. If you ever need help with anything, my door is always open.” She flashed a smile and shook Marian’s hand.
“Agent Emily Prentiss, our newest member before you.” Hotch said as he continued down the line.
“Marian, it’s a pleasure to meet you, I’m a big fan of your books. Maybe we could talk about them sometime, they’re amazing.” Emily was bursting with enthusiasm as she shook hands with her favorite author.
“Thank you so much. I would really like that.”
“Agent Derek Morgan,” continued Hotch.
“Nice to meet you,” Derek smiled a smile that could take any girl’s breath away, his normal response to any woman. Marian nodded her head, and flashed a small grin in return.
“You already spoke to Agent Gideon on the phone.” they shook hands and Gideon grinned at her, thinking he was right in his choice to bring her there. At that moment, Dr. Reid stood up and came out of the conference room. He walked down the aisle and toward the group.
“and this is-”
“Dr. Spencer Reid,” Spencer finished for Hotch, and stuck out his hand, “but you can call me Spencer- or Spence, if you would like.”
“I’m Marian.” Was all she could manage to say. The two geniuses gazed at each other as they shook hands slowly, as if they had forgotten that there was anybody around them completely. It was almost a minute until Derek cleared his throat, making both Spencer and Marian jump slightly, and then blush. JJ and Emily threw a knowing glance at each other and held back a laugh.
“We're not starting another case until tomorrow, so why don’t you all finish your paperwork and then help show Marian around and teach her the ropes.” Hotch walked away and into his office.
“Hey, Spence, since you’re done with your work, could you show Marian around for me? I could use the time.” Spencer nodded at JJ and led Dr. Cameron down the hallway. When they were out of earshot, JJ turned back around to Emily and Derek. The three of them let out the laughs they had been trying to hold in.
“What was that about?” Emily grinned.
“Looks like boy genius finally found a girl genius, maybe the two of them will discover the cure for cancer together,” Derek half joked.
JJ smiled, “Did you see the way he looked at her, it was so sweet, his face lit up,” She was really happy that her friend seemed to have found someone special, and hoped that it would work out.