Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 1
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 38] Printer Chapter or Story

ePub eBook Chapter or Story


This Has been viewed 8509 times



Click here to darken the background



He pulled up to the facility and hurried inside. He hadn’t reached the nurse’s station before he spotted several familiar faces.

“Oh thank God, you came.” The eldest woman in the group cried out as she rushed to him and embraced him in a tight hug. “I know we haven’t always been on the best terms but I didn’t know who else to call.”

“No, I’m glad you called me. I want to help first you gotta tell me what happened.”

“We don’t really know ourselves.” The younger woman spoke out. “We got the call just moments before we called you in.”

“John,” The woman still holding on to his arm spoke out. “She’s gone. Cookie’s missing.”

“Evangeline?” His throat tightened and his mind suddenly couldn’t seem to form a coherent thought.

“Yeah, the nurses said they went in to check her this morning like they always do, but her bed was empty.” The young woman spoke again as she nervously pulled at her hair. “And these fools can’t seem to find her anywhere.”

“Don’t worry Layla, we’ll find her. I’ll find her. Who’s the administer of the hospital?” John asked as he addressed Lisa Williamson.

“Dr. Jones. His office is right there, he’s in there talking with the local sheriff.” Lisa answered.

“OK I’m going to go talk with them see if I can get some more information and find out what they plan on doing to find Evangeline.”

“Thank you John.” Lisa said with genuine gratitude.

“I’ll be right back.” John said and then moved to the closed office door. He only knocked once and then opened the door, not waiting for permission to enter.

“May I help you?” Dr. Jones asked as he and the sheriff turned to where he stood in the doorway.

“Yes, I’m Detective John McBain from Llanview PD. I’m here on behave of the Williamson family. I’d like to know how a comatose woman went missing in this facility, and exactly what you have planned to find her.”

“Llanview PD, well son you’re way out of your jurisdiction.” The Sheriff stated as he stood from the chair he had been seated in. “I’m Sheriff Dixon and I’ll be in charge of this investigation.”

“Sheriff, as I said I’m here on behave of the family. I’m a close friend of Evangeline’s. I’m just here to help find her.” Before the Sheriff could reply an orderly entered the room.

“Dr. Jones we’ve found the missing patient, they got her restrained in exam room 17.” The orderly said and Dr Jones moved from his desk.

“Restrained?” John repeated.

“Yeah she was pretty distraught when we found her. She started attacking us, so we had to restrain her to keep her from hurting us or herself.”

“She’s awake?” John asked.

“Yes sir, which explains how her body got out of her room. She walked out.” The Orderly continued.

“Did you tell the family on your way in?” Dr. Jones asked as he headed out the door.

“No sir I thought that was something you should do.”

“Good, thank you Jimmy I’ll handle it from here, you can go back to your station. Detective McBain I would like the chance to examine Ms. Williamson before I speak with her family.”

“They need to know that Evangeline’s been found and that she’s ok.” John said.

“Yes of course, but I don’t want to let on that Ms. Williamson is awake. It may not be a permanent thing and I’d hate to get their hopes up for nothing.”

“You mean she could slip back into the coma?” John asked and his joy at hearing Evangeline was awake begun to melt away, replaced with fear.

“It does happen and often I’m afraid. If you wouldn’t mind letting them know that we’ve found her and that she’s ok, buy me some time to look her over I would appreciate it.”

“Yeah all right.” John agreed.

“Well I guess my services are no longer need.” The sheriff spoke out.

“No, doesn’t seem so. Thanks Richard for coming out so fast.” Dr. Jones said as he shook the sheriff’s hand. All three men exited Dr. Jones’ office; Dr. Jones heading towards the exam rooms, the sheriff heading out the door, and John heading back to Lisa and Layla.

“John, what’s going on?” Lisa asked as she stood from the lobby chair.

“They’ve found Evangeline.” John announced.

“Oh thank God. Well is she ok, where is she I want to see her.”

“Lisa, she’s fine. Dr Jones went to give her a quick exam. When he’s done then we can see Evangeline.”

“But she’s ok, right?” Layla asked. “What happened? Who took her?”

“I don’t want to speculate about what happened, until I have all the facts. From what the orderly said she’s fine.” John answered vaguely. “Look I’m going to go find Dr, Jones and see if I can find out anything more, and at least see Evangeline for myself. Ok?”

“Yes and hurry back to let us know she’s ok.”

“I will.” He nodded as he head in the direction he’d seen Dr, Jones go.




“Please just calm down.”

“Calm down? Who the hell are you people and why am I restrained!” John had heard her voice as he approached the door and his heart skipped a beat. He slowly opened the door but paused before entering to make sure his eye weren’t playing a trick on him. After a moment Evangeline eyes locked on to his and he could see the recognition and relief behind her eyes. “John! Thank God. This is ‘Detective’ John McBain, my boyfriend,” She threw out in a threatening tone, and all eyes fell to John who stood staring back in disbelief.