Login

Untitled by ReidRocks

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Table of Contents

ePub eBook



- Text Size +


Story Note:

This fanfiction is dedicated to Criminal Minds of course. However it is also dedicated to Charlie. I miss you so much Charlie! I don't care how many times they tell me you aren't my brother I wish you had been. There might be some grammatical errors however I've been trying my best. Some of them might be found in Katie's dialouge. She's from the south please excuse it, it was on purpose I appreciate it. Now that that's over enjoy please!
Chapter Notes: This is the first part of my fanfiction. Brother and sister Charlie and Katie are trying to escape a burgler, who they find out has killed their mother. They also find out that the killer is specifically looking for the brother when he calls his name. Charlie hides Katie in a cupboard in the kitchen. The last thing Katie sees is her brother leaving the kitchen, hopefully to escape
“Charlie?” Katie creaked open her older brother’s door. The night air was stiff in the almost silent house. Charlie was still sleeping soundly. She looked around hesitantly. His face was smooth and cold, like a puzzle before it was ripped my children. She was afraid to wake him; afraid to shatter the serenity of the moment. This was stupid; the window was open, nothing to suspicious. Then she heard a noise. Paranoia rippled through her body. Finally she broke her brother’s peaceful expression by shaking him by the shoulder.
“Hm? What?” he asked sleepily and propped himself up on one elbow.
“The window’s open and I heard a noise,” she whispered anxiously, “do you think someone could have broken in?”
“Don’t worry,” he calmed her, “I’ll check it out,” He stood up a bit wobbly and pulled on the nearest shirt. He got more of his balance back as he walked to the kitchen. Charlie shivered as he closed the window his sister has neglected to close.
“Mom probably “ “ Charlie stopped, his sister was no longer behind him. Just as he was about to whisper her name when he heard a name coming from his parent’s room. He ran, he didn’t flinch, he didn’t stop to think he simply ran toward his parent’s room.
“Katie!” he whispered fiercely. His eyes darted around the room and finally they settled on a body, dead and bloody sprawled under the covers of his parent’s bed. It was his mom.
“Holy Shit,” he whispered in disbelief. He was immediately overcome with worry for his life, however just as quickly it was pushed out with the fear for his sister’s life.
“Katie?” he called again, this time more hesitant.
“Charlie,” came a whisper. Katie was in a corner hugging her knees to her chest and silent tears dripping down her ghost pale cheeks. Charlie knelt down beside her and tried to calm her. That was when they heard his voice. Someone was coming down the hall, calling sweetly.
“Charlie,” the male voice almost sang, “Oh Charlie.” Katie met Charlie’s eyes in amazement, fear and confusion. “He’s looking for you,” she whispered frantically, “You gatta get out of here!”
“There’s one problem,” he said, “if he’s looking for me what’s to stop him from finding you in his search?”
“What do you mean?”
“We won’t be able to get out so I’m going to have to just hide you in the house,”
“Charlie stop being so cryptic! And stop being so pessimistic!”
“Come on,”
Katie wanted to argue but there was nothing she could say; Charlie was an extremely stubborn guy, especially when it came to her safety. She hated that. In seconds he was practically dragging her out of the room. She knew exactly where he was leading her. It was a cupboard that she was just barely big enough to fit in. Charlie hid her there when her dad was drunk and out of control, she spent a lot of time in that cupboard. She slid in with ease and Charlie locked it. There was a small space for Katie to see through and Charlie fit a finger through. Katie, careful to avoid the pipes, leaned forward and kissed his finger. Charlie withdrew it and his face filled the space, he was smiling. His sparkling teeth gave Katie hope.
“Love you,” he whispered.
“Love you too,” a tear floated down her cheek and curved into her mouth.
And Charlie was gone.
Endnotes: I hope you enjoyed it and I hoped I didn't do anything wrong or dissapoint anyone. Thankyou for staying with me and if you have any questions e-mail me or comment or whatever. Thank you again.