Login

Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart by Dana_Marie



Chapter 2:

Adrienne followed Jack to his room. “So, where should we put this?” she asked him.
“Can we put it there?” he asked, pointing to the shelf above his bed.
“Of course, sweetheart, wherever you like.” She climbed on the bed moved the things off the shelf and stuck the shield up there. “So, where should I put these?” She pointed to the things that she just took down.
“I dunno,” Jack said, “What else is in the bag?”
“Well,” she said, “I’ll put them here, and your daddy can figure out later where he wants to put them.” She stuck the items on the nightstand. She walked over to Jack who was peeking in the bag and sat down. “Hey, no peeking!”
Jack giggled.
She reached into the bag. “Do you like to read?”
“Yeah, Daddy reads to me all the time.”
“Well, how would you like if Daddy read you these?” She pulled out a small stack of Avengers comic books. “These are The Avengers.”
“I know that, Adrienne!”
“Really?”
“Captain America is the leader of The Avengers. Just like Daddy is the leader of your team. You guys are just like the Avengers”
“Yeah.”
“Adrienne,”
“Yeah, sweetheart.”
“I’m happy you came to play with me. I like you a lot”
“That makes me very happy.”
“Daddy does too.”
“What?”
“Daddy likes you a lot, too. He said so. I asked him the other night.”
“Oh.”
“Do you like Daddy?”
“Yes, I do.”
“You and Daddy should get married.”
“ Jack, I don’t know about”“
“Why not? You like Daddy and Daddy likes you and I like you!”
She picked up the little boy and sat him in her lap. “I know, and I love you.” She hugged him. “But, there is a lot more to getting married than that.”
“Like what.”
“We’ll talk about it another time. How about we make popcorn and watch a movie?”
“Yeah! Can I stay up until Daddy comes home?”
“I guess so.”
Jack got up out of Adrienne’s lap. “You’re so cool, Adrienne.” And he began to walk out of the room
Adrienne stood up and followed.