Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 1
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 19] Printer Chapter or Story

ePub eBook Chapter or Story


This Has been viewed 1717 times



Click here to darken the background



Today was the day that Evangeline had been looking forward to ever since she received her acceptance letter back in May. She was going to finally be free from her mother. Most of all she was going to show everyone that she could make it on her own without their constant interference. Evangeline could not understand the reason for her mother and Uncle Clay’s constant interference in her life. To her it wasn’t right that her younger sister Layla was able to do anything she wanted to do, go wherever she wanted to go, but not her.


So far her first day of college was turning out to be a total disaster. Her bus was set to depart at eight in the morning. Evangeline needed to get on campus by noon before they dropped her from her dorm. Dorm sign in was last week Friday, but due to her being ill with pneumonia she was forced to stay home. Lisa told her that it was a sign that she shouldn’t be going anywhere. When her bus arrived three hours late, Lisa told her she should forget about going out of state for school and settle for somewhere close to home. Fearing that her mother would drag her by her ponytail, back home, Evangeline ran onto the bus without looking back.

Halfway to the bus terminal near the school, the bus broke down. Sitting in the bus as they waited for a mechanic to come and fix the bus or for the bus company to send another bus, Evangeline knew she was going to miss her noon check in. Digging through her purse, Evangeline searched for Mrs. Jenkins’ phone number. “Why?” She screamed at the top of her lungs causing everyone to turn their attention to her as she emptied her purse into the empty seat beside her. She couldn’t understand why everything was happening to her today of all days. The number that she remembered pulling out constantly calling housing to make sure her spot was still open was not in her purse where it always was.

At this moment she wanted to break down and cry. If she lost her housing spot she would have to come back home proving her mother right. “Everyone off the bus!” A tall slender man in overalls called out as he stepped onto the bus. Shoving her contents back into her purse Evangeline made her way off the bus with the rest of the passengers.

As she made her way off the bus the hot August air assaulted her. Standing where she could see the mechanic, Evangeline watched as he pulled open a latch that was at the side of the bus. As he fumbled through his tool box, she wondered if he knew what the hell he was doing. At the rate he was going, Evangeline felt she could fix the bus.

“Woman the way the time cold I wanna be keeping you warm, I got the right temperature to shelter you from the storm.”

“Hello.” Evangeline answered her phone once she heard her ring tone, Temperature by Sean Paul playing. God she wished it was cold right now.

“Cookie are you alright?” Lisa asked as she placed her keys down on the counter. Something was telling her, her baby was in trouble.

“I’m fine.” Evangeline moved a way from the crowd as the mechanic shouted obscene words as he hit something against his finger.

“What’s that noise?” Lisa asked.

“Nothing, what’s wrong mom?”

“I wanted to know if you reached yet. Your Uncle Clay said that you should have reached by now. I got worried when I didn’t hear from you.”

“I’ll call you when I get there. Mom I wanted to know if you have Mrs. Jenkins’ number I wanted to give her a heads up.”

“I’ll call her for you cookie.” Lisa said before hanging up the phone. Hanging up her phone, Evangeline wanted to scream. She didn’t want her mom calling Mrs. Jenkins for her. If she lost her spot her mom would be here to pick her up before this stupid mechanic could get the bus running. Why couldn’t they have bought another bus down here to take them the rest of the way, why did she misplace Mrs. Jenkins number? It was as if this day was cursed.

As the thought of maybe heading back home and taking Lisa advice and going to the community college a few blocks from where she lived her cell phone rang. “Hello.” She said not recognizing the phone number.

"Miss. Williamson, this is Mrs. Jenkins. I just got off the phone with your mother. She told me about your situation. I am sorry to tell you that your room was given away.” Evangeline felt her heart drop once Mrs. Jenkins voiced her fear. “But there is a spot open in one of our housing off campus. Its’ not too far from the school are you interested?”

“Yes.” Evangeline said not giving another thought to it.

“The address is…” As she dug into her purse for a pen and a piece of paper, the bus started to run. As she wrote down the last digit of the house, Evangeline thought this day was looking up after all.


****


“Oh John, Oh John.” Was all that you could hear coming out of John McBain’s upstairs bedroom.

“Oh my god John.” Natalie tried to catch her breathe as John explored her body with his hands, as he sucked on her neck.

John had met Natalie at a Frat party he attended last night. It was his third year at UCLI University and so far he was enjoying it. Last night after the party he and Natalie had made their way back to his place, where he welcomed her to UCLI. This was the best part of returning back to school, meeting new people and making them feel welcomed.

As John tried to unhook Natalie’s bra, the door bell downstairs rang. Hearing the door then beginning to open, John thought to himself what a great time the new guy picked to move in, just when he was in the middle of something.

As John got up, Natalie pulled him back down on top of her, looking down at her he smiled “I got to go and welcome the new guy.”

Once out of her grip John got up to put on his pants, before his pants could pass his ankles, Natalie jumped out of the bed running downstairs. Buckling his pants John heard Natalie calling him to come down.

Halfway down the stairs, John saw a slender girl who looked around the same age as Natalie standing in the middle of the living room. The girl wore a pair of dark blue jeans with a white V-neck tank top; underneath her shoulder she held a burgundy purse that complemented her smooth brown skin. “Is this your friend?” He asked Natalie with a smile creeping up his face.

“Actually we never met.” The girl spoke up.

“She says she lives here.” Natalie said with her hands on her hips.

“Natalie I should tell you I don’t like fore play this early in the morning.” John said pulling Natalie into his arms lightly kissing her on her neck.

“No, I do live here.” John watched as the girl shift from one foot to the other.

“That cannot be, because I live here.” He said stepping away from Natalie as the girl in front of him handed him a piece of paper. Taking the sheet from her he saw his address written down on it, with the housing department signature.