Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 1
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 1] Printer Chapter or Story

ePub eBook Chapter or Story


This Has been viewed 1154 times



Click here to darken the background



(Johns POV)
Llanview, Pennsylvannia
Everything feels cold. I know the concrete floor i'm laying on is truly cold, but that doesn't account for why i'm so cold. I can't seem to get up and I don't know why. Oh god he shot me, I remember him ranting then pulling a gun on me. It's so cold I don't think I can hold on much longer, my stomach hurts so badly. I almost wish I could just die so the pain will stop, almost. I have to hold on so I can see her, return to Evangeline and my daughter. Lianna is Caitlin's daughter and yet Evangeline excepts her as if she was her own. That's what I hated the most about Natalie, she always pretended like Lianna didn't exist. She didn't realize we're a package deal. Now my thoughts are wandering, that's not a good sign. I can still remember the first time I met Evangeline. I never even dreamed then, that we'd be married someday. I can hear someone telling me it's going to be okay, that the medics are coming. I can remember a time when I thought everything really would be okay when the medics came. But then it wasn't me who was in trouble. I can feel the darkness closing in on me. I know I have to fight. I know that giving in means almost certain death. But I can't stop it and I drift into darkness.
~
December.22,1977
(Johnnys POV)
Atlantic City
I know Daddy told me to stay in the car, but I also know that the situation isn't dangerous. Daddy said it wasn't. Walking into the building I see a set of stairs going to the roof and the door is ajar, so I go up the stairs. Nothing could ever prepared me for what I saw. My dad was standing on the opposite side of the roof from me. He was holding a blond haired woman and kissing her passionately. Kissing her like he kisses Mommie. But she definately isn't Mommie. That's all that my mind can register. That isn't my mommie. I want to go over there and make the woman go away and yell at my dad, tell him what an awful mistake he's made. But when I go to run to Daddy someone grabs my arm. I cry out in pain as he snaps me back to him. I know it's a man because his grip is so tight. I would have fallen if he didn't pull me so i'm tight against his body. I know he's broken my arm because I can feel the bone move under his grip, and my arm feels as if it's on fire. I can see the fear and anger in Daddy's eyes now that he's not looking at her. I see a flash of steel near my eye and realize with horror it's a gun. I hear the man tell my dad to get away from his wife. He tells Daddy to stay on that side of the roof. Then Daddy tries to come to us and the guy says stop or the kid is dead. I'm really starting to get scared now. Why isn't Daddy saving the day, that's what he's supposed to do. Now the man is telling the lady to come over to us. Surprisingly she does like he tells her. Now the man is yelling and ranting at Daddy. I'm not really paying attention, I can't take my eyes off the gun. I'm listening now though, the man is saying Daddy has to pay for fucking his wife. I can see him pointing the gun at my dad. Oh no he's going to shoot Daddy, I have to stop him. Bang! I can see Daddy falling to the ground, the front of his shirt covered with blood. I have to make the man pay for hurting Daddy. I can see Daddys gun laying beside him. I have to get it, I have to make the man pay. He's not holding me anymore so I run over and pick up the gun. It's cold in my hand and heavier than I remember. I turn around and point the gun at the man. As he's saying something like you won't shoot me, You don't have the guts, and even if you do, you couldn't hit a barn with a cannon; i'm carefully aiming the gun at his head. He's cut off mid-sentence as the bullet explodes through his skull. I watch frozen to the spot as blood and brains spallter everywhere. The man falls to the ground dead, and the woman lets out a laugh.
~
"Daddy wake up" cries Johnny. "I don't want you to die, please Daddy. I should've stayed in the car like you said, then maybe this wouldn't have happened. Daddy, Mommie needs you, so does Michael, and so do I. I shot the gun just like you showed me; I hit my target too. I'll take care of Mommie and Michael just like I promised if you don't get better. But you're going to get better so i'm not going to have the bother. "Wake up now Daddy" Johnny screams as he clings to his fathers lifeless body sobbing. "Let me go, I have to stay with Daddy" Johnny yells as strong arms pull him away from the body.

Officer Peters got a major surprise when he tried to pull the sobbing child away from the body. He could tell just by looking that the man the child was talking and clinging to was just as dead as the man with his head blown off. In Peters opinion an awful place for a child to be. As soon as he grabbed the boys shoulders the sobbing and quiet talking turned into hysterical screaming. Now the boy was fighting him with all his might. Kicking him in the shins, biting his arms and hands, reaching up and trying to claw his face; all the while screaming that he can't leave his father. That if he does his father will die. Officer Peters doesn't have the heart to tell the boy his father is already dead. But he knows that if the boy doesn't calm down then one of the medics will sedate him. Peters preferred to avoid that if it was at all possible. What Officer Peters and the rest of the police force wanted to know was what happened. The two dead guys definately weren't talking, and the kid was totally out of it. That left one choice, the blond haired woman. Peters was glad he had charge of the little boy, because he was sure the woman was crazy. After all she was holding a gun loosely in her hand and laughing hysterically. Every once in a while she'd say something like you got what you deserved you bastard, I just wish I could have made you suffer. Peters was fairly certain that she was the killer. The captain was beckoning him forward, as soon as Peters got to him he started explaining to him that the boy had to be checked out by the medics. Peters looked down and noticed for the first time that the boy was cradling his left arm to his body. He also realized with relief that the boy wasn't fighting him anymore, so he put him down. The medics verified what Officer Peters feared, the boys arm was broken. They also found a burn on his hand, a burn as if he fired a gun with his hand too close to the barrel. Peters got the feeling there was quite the story to tell, and that the kid had a big part in it. He planned on questioning the boy thoroughly. But for now he had to contact the boys mother.
~
At the hospital
one hour later
"What's your name lad" asked Dr.Peterson(the doctor on call). He was trying to start a conversation with the boy, he was told about his father. "You're a really brave boy coming in here without your mom. My first name is Mark. I've been a doctor for 20 years. What do you want to be when you grow up, do you have anything you're especially good at." The boys silence was starting to make him nervous. Just when he was about to give up the boy answered him.

"Johnny, my name is Johnny McBain" said Johnny in a quiet voice. "I don't want my mom here, she'd be fussing over my arm, and it's nothing. I really don't care what your name is, or how long you've been a doctor, i'll probably never see you again. He really didn't care either, he just wanted to go home. I know you think i'm being a little brat, and you're right, people are always telling me I need to learn to control my mouth. If you must know I want to be a cop, and i'm especially good at singing. But i'm good at almost everything I do. Now if you're finished i'm gonna go join my mom so I can leave. I hate hospitals." With that said he jumped down off of the cot and slipped out the door.

Eve was pacing around the waiting room waiting for her son. She knew he was basically unharmed, but she couldn't help but worry. After all her husband had just been murdered. It wounded her deeply when Johnny held up his hand to stop her from going in with him. She was very aware of the fact that only Johnny could tell the cops what happened. The other witness; in Officer Peters words; was certifiably crazy. He claimed it seemed a recent acquirement, for she was neat and clean. She was extremely worried that Johnny had done something unforgivable. How would he get a burn on his hand; from a gun; if he didn't fire one. Eve was mentally cursing her husband for showing Johnny how to use a gun when her younger son Michael exclaimed 'Johnny, yay'. She looked up to see Johnny casually making his way over to them, his arm in a cast. She noticed that his eyes were totally devoid of emotion.

"Oh Johnny, I was so worried about you, why didn't you want me to go in with you" asked Eve. "Are you alright, and i'm not referring to your arm. I'd like to know what happened on that roof, you're going to have to tell the cops anyway. Did you shoot someone Johnny, a cop told me that you burnt you hand".

"I didn't want you to go in because i'm not a baby, I can at least do that by myself" stated Johnny matter of factly. "I'm fine, and i'm not talking about my arm either. I'm always fine, and that'll never change. I know I have to talk to the cops, but i'd rather not tell the tale twice. As for as the burn, I got it by picking up the gun after it was shot. I didn't know it would be hot. How could you even think that i'd do something like that. Can we go home now, i'm tired and hungry".

"Of course I never thought for a minute you did that" Eve assuredher son. "If you want to go home, then lets go".

"I didn't think you did it either, I knew the cop was lying" said Michael. "I want to go home too. Is Daddy coming home soon. I want to tell him about the dumb stuff that cop was saying".

Luckily for Eve she was saved answering by the approach of a cop, Officer Peters. He needed to get the boys statement. The blond haired woman had claimed she did the shooting, of both men. He just had to take the boys statement to be certain of the truth in that. But he'd already decided it to be true. After all how could a nine year old shoot so precisely. Approaching the boy and his mother he noticed a smaller boy, who looked just like the dead man. Peters was very aware that the boy from the scene; who he'd found out was named Johnny; was glaring at him. That glare was making Peters decidedly uncomfortable. He'd never seen a child so young with eyes as intense as Johnnys. He also noticed for the first time that Johnny was a really cute kid, so was his brother. He decided they got it from their mother, because she took his breath away. To him she was the most magnificent woman he ever saw, too bad he was married. As he came to a stop in front of her he quickly decided on the best wording for what he needed to know.