Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 1
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

ePub eBook Chapter or Story


This Has been viewed 1745 times



Click here to darken the background



It had been so difficult to see her locked up. He had to fight the urge to break her out of jail himself, but he knew that would just get her into more trouble. He hardly slept as he envisioned a life with Evangeline locked up, being inaccessible to him. That was totally unacceptable and he knew that he had to help her.

John had let her go, months before, to protect her. Yet, he came to a conclusion as he tossed and turned all last night. He loved her more than life itself and all he wanted to do was hold her in his arms. He was going to find a way to gain back her trust. Thank goodness he still had her love. The only things he needed in life were to find his father’s killer and to have Evangeline’s love. After much soul searching he finally knew the key to happiness. And, it started with his lovely lawbreaker.

At the moment though, John was highly irritated. His visit with Dr. Crosby had left him feeling overwrought and stressed. The only thing he wanted to do was see Evangeline and figure out a way to get her out of the predicament she put herself in. He wanted to lean his forehead against hers, take in the scent of all woman mixed with Flowers in the Springtime and partake of the luscious lips he had been missing and dreaming of for what seemed like forever.

John skipped his way downstairs, confident that seeing Van would soothe both his soul and hers. The emptiness of the abandoned cell was a slap in the face. John was frustrated, so outdone that when he went to see her, she was already gone. She didn’t even come by to tell him that she had been released. He raced up the stairs to find out where she had gone.

The tail they had put on her had just reported in. He said she had briefly gone to the hospital, her apartment and then to Roarke’s gym. He winced slightly as he knew that Christian would be there. He couldn’t figure out what was going on there. As much as Chris loved Natalie, he was always around Evangeline. RJ’s comments ran through his mind. He wouldn’t. She definitely wouldn’t! She really wouldn’t, would she? The image of Christian kissing that tender spot at the base of her neck and running his hands down the long length of her made John want to vomit. He accelerated even more as he raced to Roarke’s.


Meanwhile…

She laid her palm against the warm spot where Christian kissed her and she reveled in the fact that it had made her feel something. Maybe she really was ready to move on. She was slightly daydreaming about what his other kisses would feel like as the phone rang. She had called Layla right after the call from Todd but she could not reach her. She had gone outside to hail a taxi and instead, there was her knight in shining armor. He said he had waited just to make sure she didn’t need a ride. He even took her to the hospital and stepped up, shielding Todd’s escape as Evangeline distracted Spencer and Blair.

“Why did you do that?” asked Evangeline. “I saw you out of the corner of my eye and you didn’t say anything about Todd.”

“If you say that Todd is innocent, he’s innocent and I’ll do whatever I can to help you. I owe you my life and if I can repay a little bit of that by helping you save someone else’s life, I’ll do it. I trust you,” Christian replied.

“I trust you too,” Evangeline stated. She was surprised that she could say it and mean it. She hadn’t trusted anyone in a long time and it felt good.

Todd had dropped out of sight but he called Evangeline with a time and place to meet. Christian had then taken her back to her place to take a shower and change. She felt much better but was antsy with the past couple of day’s events and knowing that the cops were tailing her.

Christian invited her to spar with him and that sounded like a perfect release. He had explained that Roarke wanted him to change his image. Evangeline came up with the perfect idea and pitched it to him. Now she was going to carry it out.

Van slapped the blade against the leather. This was something she hadn’t done for a man in a long time. There had to be absolute trust involved and she finally had found it…in Christian.

Christian straddled a bench in the small office and watched as Evangeline lathered the blade. She stood between his legs and stroked the sharp surface along his skull. Christian couldn't help but notice her sleek curves and the seductive ripple of her muscles as she slid the blade back and forth. His fingers itched to sweep across the hem of her jeans and continue to skim up the firm toned skin that peeked out as she leaned closer.

Had this attraction come out of nowhere? If he were honest with himself, he would acknowledge that he had been captivated by her strength and her beauty shortly after her first visits to Statesville. He tried to brush it off by trying to remember he loved Natalie. He held on to that thought and continually reminded her of it even though it slipped away a little bit more each day as he thought of her betrayal, her disloyalty and her selfishness.

His true feelings had surfaced when seeing Evangeline behind those bars. His denial just fell away. He finally had to admit that he no longer loved the girl he had married. He was in love with a woman, a sensuous, strong, selfless, beautiful woman. If Christian could have found the keys to her cell, he would have let her out, no matter the consequences.

As Christian looked at his new beloved, he wanted to free her of any pain or self-doubt and speak of his fledgling love. He wanted to protect her, love her, stroke her to earth-shattering heights. His thoughts ran wild as he felt her come to a stop. He looked up into those gorgeous eyes and saw something there he had never seen before. It was just a spark - a spark of understanding, a pull of attraction.

Evangeline blinked several times, shocked at what she saw reflected in Christian’s eyes. She had seen the look before, in her own eyes. It looked like love. That couldn’t be it though. She was mistaken. She was projecting her own feelings of being drawn to him.

She stepped back slightly with a small laugh and brought the mirror up so Christian could see his reflection. He reached for her as she turned around but stopped at his image. She had relieved him of all of his curly hair. The cut was severe, very nearly to his skullcap. Yet, it made him look sexy, mysterious and dangerous.

Evangeline licked her lips as she looked on. The man was handsome before but now he looked ultra fine. He pulled her down so that she was sitting between his legs, her legs propped on top of his.

With a smirk Christian said, “You have to get really close for the face.”

With a smile, Evangeline tilted his head back a little and scooted a bit closer. She wasn’t sure if the heat she felt was radiating off of him or off of her. With nowhere else to place his hands, and nowhere else he wanted to place them, Christian walked his fingers from her knees to her upper thigh. Evangeline almost faltered as his strong hands caressed her hips.

She finished with the straight blade and dropped it in a bowl to rinse. She went to move her legs off of Christian and he stopped her.

“Christian, I…”

“No Evangeline. We’re not going to deny each other anymore. From being on the inside I learned that you have to live life in the moment. I want you. I want to be with you and I think you want the same.”

“What about Natalie?”

“I loved her once. She’s not the person I fell in love with. I had her up on some pedestal and she doesn’t even come close to being on it. I kept telling myself that I was in love with her and kept trying to deny that I felt anything for you. Seeing you behind bars last night broke down whatever barriers I had up. I finally realized I hadn’t been in love with Natalie for a long time. I was trying to hold on to an old life. But I’m not the same person and I have different feelings now. And those feelings are for you.”

“Oh Christian,” Evangeline said on a sigh. He dammed any further thoughts laying his fingers on her lips. Christian brought both of his hands to her lush backside and drew her even closer to the apex of his thighs. She could feel him harden and she grew damp at the thought of slow slide that would take her over the top.

Christian, with his left hand, twirled her soft locks. With his right hand he brought her head closer and leaned down to kiss her. His tongue flicked out and swept across her bottom lip. As she opened her lips to receive him, the door slammed open.

“Get your damn hands off her!”