Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 2
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 0] Printer

ePub eBook


This Has been viewed 877 times



Click here to darken the background



Lady In Red

Layla paced the living room getting more infuriated by the second.

"Layla will you please stop pacing.I'm trying to get some work done."Evangeline said

Layla glared at her and said."You're always working.When are you going to go out and have some fun?"

Evangeline blew out a heated breath and said."I have six weeks to find a way to save Todd Manning's life.I don't have time to go out and have fun and besides the only person I want to go out with is..."

"Is who, Vange?"

"No one it doesn't matter.Now will you please let me get back to work?"

"No.Tell me what you were about to say.Who is the only person you want to go out with?Who do you want, Vange?"What do you want?"

Evangeline stood up folded her arms and screamed."John, ok.I want John."

"Well then go get him."Layla screamed back.

"What?"Evangeline said laughing."Are you insane?"

"No.Well maybe a little, but my point is you've been miserable since you broke up with John.Although I can't understand why."

"Enough Layla.I really wish you would stop bashing John and what we had.The keyword being had."

"Evangeline you can't fool me.If John were to come to you tonight and say I love you, you would take him back in a second."Layla said

"No Layla, at this point he would have to do a lot more than say I love you.He would have do a lot of explaining and apologizing and basically a lot of begging."

Just then the phone rang.

Layla picked it up and said."Hello."

"Hey it's Cris.How about coming over to Rodi's for some beer and pool."

"Yeah sounds great.Hey is John there?"Layla asked

"Yeah he's here with his brother.Why?"Cris asked

"No reason.See ya in a little while."

Layla hung up the phone and said."Come with me to Rodi's, please."

"Layla I have work to do."Evangeline said frustrated

"Yeah and that work will still be there tomorrow.Come on one night."

Evangeline threw her hands up and said."Alright, I give up.Let's go."

Layla smiled and said."Tell me about your relationship with John.I bet you remember what your first fight was about."

"It was about RJ.I wanted to go undercover to get information to prove that he was working for a family by the name of Santi.John said it was too dangerous, but you know me I did it anyway.I didn't get anything but John wasn't happy about it anyway."

"Ok, how about your first kiss?"

Evangeline smiled remembering that night."It was at the Palace bar.We had both just been to an awards dinner and I ran into him and offered to buy him a drink.He said that he didn't think I had ever done anything spontaneous in my life.I told him he was wrong.He told me to name the spontaneous thing.I motioned for him to move closer and when he did, I kissed him."

Layla pulled Evangeline into her room and said."Do you remember what you were wearing that night?"

"Yeah."Evangeline said going to her closet."I was wearing this."

She pulled the red dress out of the closet and held it up.

"It's beautiful.Put it on."Layla said

"Why?"Evangeline questioned

"Because it's time to give John McBain a little reminder of what he gave up.Because no matter what you think or he says or doesn't say.He loves you Vange.He just needs a little nudge."

"Layla, John doesn't love me."Evangeline said turning to leave the room

Layla grabbed her arm and said."Are you kidding.Sis I've seen the way he looks at you.The man is crazy in love with you.Now put this dress on and let's go show John McBain what he's been missing."

Evangeline gave up and went into the bathroom to shower and put the dress on.

An hour later they walked into Rodi's and Layla spotted Cris.

"Vange, why don't you go get us some drinks and I'll go whip Cris in a game of pool."

"Ok."Evangeline said and headed to the bar.

Suddenly she heard the voice that always turned her knees to butter.

"You look beautiful.You probably don't remember this, but you were wearing that dress the first time I kissed you."John said with a smile.

Evangeline turned and said."If memory serves me correctly and it usually does, I kissed you that night and not the other way around."

"So you do remember?"he said smiling even wider

"Of course I do.I remember everything.Like do you remember our first fight?"

"Yeah it was about RJ."

"Ok what was the first movie we watched together?"Evangeline asked

"Casablanca."John answered.

Evangeline smiled at the fact that he remembered all of the memories that they shared and said."Well, I better get Layla's drink over to her.Goodbye John.

"I miss you, Evangeline."John said

She turned back to him and said."Don't do this John.Don't say things that you don't mean."

"I do mean it.I never say things that I don't mean.Like I wouldn't say I love you unless I meant it.Or I want us back or I'm sorry for everything that I did wrong with us.Please can we try again.I'll do whatever it takes to make things right with us."

"John it's too late.Too much has changed and you don't really mean that, because if you loved me you wouldn't have constantly left myside to go chase after that child and you wouldn't have slept with her so soon after we broke up."

"I know that I can't make everything right in one night, but if you just give me a chance I promise to make up for everything that I put you through.I want to make a fresh start and that includes moving out of El motel del escarcho".

"John don't call it the roach motel.I mean we had some really great times there."

"Oh come on Evangeline.You've been there the name fits."John said laughing

"Maybe.Well I have to go.I'll talk to you soon."

Evangeline walked back over to Layla and Cris and they took turns beating Cris at pool.

About 2 hours later Evangeline and Layla said good night to him and walked toward the entrance.

Evangeline stopped and said goodnight to John and Michael and said."There's an apartment available in my building.I mean if I'm going to give you another chance you might as well be in the same building."

John smiled broadly and said."You mean it.You're really going to give us another chance?"

"Yeah, but remember you screw up this time it's over for good McBain."

"I won't screw up.I promise you won't be sorry.I love you my beautiful lady in red."

"I love you too.Come to my place tomorrow for breakfast and we'll get our new beginning started.Oh and do something for me."

"Anything."John said

"Lose Natalie Vega's number."

"I already have.She will never come between us again.See ya in the morning."he said standing up to kiss her

She walked out of Rodi's knowing that she had her man back and this time it was forever.