Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 2
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 0] Printer

ePub eBook


This Has been viewed 1480 times



Click here to darken the background



“Hey stranger,” a sleepy voice called out to him upon entering the room.

John paused at the door, stifling a yawn. The room was dimly lit with several candles around the room. Closing the door behind him and locking it, John put his keys on the hook next to the door After putting his briefcase down, John looked in the direction her voice came from and saw her silhouette on the couch.

“What are you still doing up sweetheart?” John raised his jacket sleeve to look at his watch “It’s 1:45 in the morning.”

Sitting up, voice still sleep induce, “I was waiting up for you.” Evangeline sat up from the couch and fixed her robe.

John smiled at her thinking how cute she looked with her hair pointing every which way. “You shouldn’t have. You know I come home late.”

Rubbing the sleep out of her eyes and yawning, Evangeline stretched. “If I didn’t do that then we wouldn’t have seen each other at all.”

John nodded at the truth of her words. It’s been a long time since he really saw Evangeline, not counting her brief trips to the LPD where they would cross paths on her way to save a client.
When they were directly in front of each other, John tugged her to him, hugging her slender, feminine curves.

“I like being in your arms.” Her face was buried into his shoulder, her arms around his waist, holding onto him like a lifeline. “They always make me feel safe.” She rubbed her cheek against his jacket and smiled. She inhaled deeply. His jacket smelled like him, which caused her to grin broadly.

John’s hands, as always, went to her hair, which smelled faintly of lavender. He wholeheartedly agreed with her sentiments. “That’s all I ever want to do,” his hand then went to the back of her head, cupping her neck. Raising her head up with his other hand, John stared into her enchanting brown eyes.

“I feel like we are too ships in the night, never meeting.” It was hard for her to breath with the way he was staring at her. It was a mix between staring right into your soul and a hungry, smoldering one that screamed of unforgettable passion.

“Mmm, work’s a bitch.” John grazed the back of his hand along her cheek. “It seems like forever since we just were, you know?”

“I know.” she leaned into his touch. “We shouldn’t let work do this to us.” Even as she spoke the words, she knew there would be times when they would be too caught up in work to pay attention to each other. And with a slow impish grin knew that the times apart would only make the time together that much more earth-shattering.

“What’s that smile for?” John asked, with a small smile of his own. Evangeline’s grin broadened, but she didn’t reply.

John raised his eyebrows but didn’t ask again, content to hold her in his arms. He would never understand what someone like her saw in him. She was everything he was not and yet she loved him despite of all his demons. He often thought that what he was giving her another guy could give a thousand time over.

Not knowing how he got so lucky a second time in his life, John smiled at her, his whole face brightening and his eyes flashing a trace of the lust that was never too far from his mind when she was around. She smiled back, simply loving his smile. She looped her hands behind his neck and her finger played with the ends of his hair. She kissed his cheek and giggled slightly at the way his facial hair felt against her cheek.

“Can I kiss you?” John asked Evangeline. He moved his hands to her shoulder, massaging them through her silk robe.

She looked up startled, and with the grace of a woman who had complete confidence in herself, she wound one of her leg around his. Standing on tiptoes on the other, so she could whisper in his ear, she licked the shell of his ear and captured the lobe between her teeth.

Groaning, John cupped her back side in his hand, bringing her closer to his erection which was quickly making itself known.

“McBain,” she breathed, her breath washing over his sensitive ear, causing him to shiver, imitating how she sounded when she is in that climactic stage “you never have to ask.”

John’s knees suddenly grew weak; his erection throbbed at the sound of her voice. He knew that voice extremely well...in fact he knew he wasn’t hitting it right until she sounded like that. Leaning in, John kissed her the lightest butterfly kiss at first and placed his hands on her rounded hips.

Involuntary, her eyes closed, her long lashes brushing his cheek in their decedent. Her lips clung to his wanting, needing more than just that limited contact but he wouldn’t budge.

Evangeline opened her eyes to find his open already and a thrill went horizontal through her to settle uncomfortably in the pit of her stomach.

John’s eyes had darkened considerably from the blue that she loved. It was a deeper, richer blue that left her mesmerized, quickening her heartbeat by what was flickering in their depths. His eyes closed first and she followed suit.

Her thighs strained around his leg, trembling from the desire that was wracking her tall frame. They pulled apart, and with eyes tightly shut she softly said, “Kiss me. Kiss me as if it were the last time.” With a strong grip on her hips, John kissed Evangeline with all the pent up longing he had for her.

His kiss overwhelmed her. Her long leg shapely leg got tighter around his own as he ravished her mouth over and over again. His now demanding kisses causing the moisture between her thighs to increase. The raging fire between them escalated and she opened herself unthinkingly to his prowess.

As the heat in her grew so did her need to feel his skin. She dropped her leg in order to stand on tip toes and tugged off his jacket. Evangeline quickly unbuttoned his shirt so that she could touch the warmth of his skin. Her lips twisted over his, her tongue darting out to tease him and he went to catch it but she it pulled back away from his mouth.

John groaned frustrated and moved her backwards pining her on the wall. Cradling her face in his hand, John again took possession of her mouth, her pleasurable moans spurring him on to greater heights. His hand went to the belt of her robe, to release the bow.

Evangeline’s hands came down from his neck to stop him from revealing what lay underneath. She took his hands and placed them on her waist with her hand covering his. They finally pulled apart both of their breath harsh and gasping for breath.

John’s hand grasped her smooth thigh, the pad of his thumb drawing tiny circle on the surface. “Sleepy?” He asked; his hand inching higher until he touched the silk of her robe.

She held her breath as his hand moved higher until it touched the lace of her underwear . She gasped at the simple contact and waited for it to become more. “Sleepy?” she repeated dumbly. Her mind cleared when he removed his hand to twine both of his hands in her hair.

John’s tongue darted out to trace her collarbone and she melted. She leaned her head back and said, “I might have been once upon a time.” Her eyes closed and her mouth parted on a whimper, with her throat exposed, John kissed the length of her neck. Down to the hollow of her throat where he let the tip of his tongue flick out and trace her color bone.

“Once upon a time, huh?” He pulled back and rested his hands against the wall on either side of hear head. His biceps flexed and strained in trying to maintain control. It would be so easy to get rid of her clothes, wrap her legs around his waist and then take her right here.

“Don’t even think about,” she warned with a finger tapping on his forehead and a stern look on her face.

With an innocent look that was anything but he said, “Think about what?” His blue eyes twinkled as his hands spanned her waist.

“The same thing I am,” she said with a lavish wink. “Beside I got plans for you detective.”

“Oh yeah? What kind of plans?” he had somehow managed to get his hand under her robe without her noticing.

It was those eyes she thought, they distracted her. Her body tingled where his hand went, his soft, agenda-minded touch always keeping her on the brink of arousal, never letting it die down. “You’ll just have to wait and see.” And with a sneakiness, she ducked under his arms before they could lock around her.

With a pointed carnal look, she finally removed the robe with a sexiness that reminded John once again that he was on his way to painful erection. When the robe was around her feet, John’s jaw dropped.

Evangeline had on a sheer black lace camisole that had a black lining around the bust area. Across her chest was the word “John” in sky blue stitching. The camisole ended above her navel to reveal the tight, flat stomach. She had on matching, low cut black lace boy shorts. With a slow turn, Evangeline showed him her derriere, on which the word “McBain” was printed, also in sky blue.

“I ah ah...” John didn’t have the words to say how incredibly sultry she looked. She fed into his possessive side and John couldn’t help admitting that he liked her knowing that she was all his. Evangeline never realized how many guys checked her out and John just laughed it up inside knowing they would never, ever know her sweetness.

Thinking he looked cute stunned for words, she reached out for him and kissed him. “Meet me in the bathroom in 15 minutes and than I’m all yours”

“What? 15? What will I do while I wait?” John asked.

Evangeline stopped in her tracks, and with a noticeable difference in her walk, she took his hand and held it to her breast. Stepping into his personal space, she said, “Think of me, need me, want me.” And with a peck on his cheek, she turned towards the stairs.

John was held spellbound by her walk. His eyes were glued to her “asset”. The way her so called panty showed off her butt was killing him and John had to unzip his pant because suddenly they were way too tight.

********
In their bathroom, Evangeline hurriedly turned on the water for the bath, adjusting the temperature so that it reminder her of floating in the Caribbean. She didn’t have much time to create the desired atmosphere and if she knew her husband, he would get impatient and come up before time. Reaching into an antique glass container, she examined her stash of Lush bath bombs, settling on Big Blue. She dropped the large blue ball into the water and it exploded, fizzing madly about the bath with the scent of lemon and lavender, turning the water a deep turquoise blue.

She turned off the faucets once the water reached the proper height. Getting out some candles she placed them strategically around the edge of the bath tub, to give off a nice soft glow. she added some around the sink so the bathroom wouldn’t be too dark, Evangeline turned off the light to admire her work. The bathroom was transformed into a tropical lagoon. Evangeline bent down over the tub to add a touch of her custom blend lavender bath salts..

“Are you trying to kill me darling?” John said sounding pained and tortured.

Evangeline looked behind her shoulders to see John trying in vain to look at her face but failing miserably as his eyes were glued to another part of her anatomy. She hid her smile behind her hair and made a mental note to take her baby sister out to lunch for showing her where they customize lingerie.

She turned around and sat on the edge of the tub. “I certainly don’t want to do that.” She drawled out, her eyes watching his every move.

“I put out the candles downstairs,” he said, trying to keep himself from ravishing her on sight

“Thanks.” Evangeline knew from how taut John was standing that he was trying to keep himself in check but that was the last thing she wanted. Crossing her legs slowly, John’s eyes were automatically drawn to them. Evangeline cleared her throat to get his eyes back to hers. “Focus Mcbain. Focus.”

“I am, believe me I am.” John said with a small chuckle. John stood in the doorway not yet venturing in. He looked around the bathroom at all the candles and thought: women; they always had to dress something up when it wasn’t necessary. The candles were placed all around the Jacuzzi and around the sink.

“Don’t be scared, the water’s fine.” With a toss of her dark head, Evangeline licked her lips. Throwing her head back she beckoned towards him with her index finger. “Come and get me” she sang out.

Smiling wolfishly, John finished unbuttoning his shirt which he started doing downstairs and with a quick tug his pant came down and he step out of them. John walked to where she was and he stood over her and watched with a pride as she looked up to him. The hunger in her eyes was evident.

Her body trembled at the motion of possession she saw in their depth and she longed for it. Longed for the moment she could lose herself in him and forget everything else. She reached out to touch his waist, her hands toying with the band of his boxers. She uncrossed her legs and placed them between his.

John’s hand cradled her neck as he bent down for a mind blowing kiss. Evangeline reached out her hand to touch any bit of skin she could and found his abdomen. She stroked the skin beneath.

“I hope this never changes,” she whispered, right before she slipped her tongue into his mouth.

Before Evangeline, John never thought it was possible to want someone so much that you couldn’t stop thinking of them. Now years after, he knew it possible. In the beginning he foolishly thought that the fire between them would die down with time but that was not the case. In fact it got stronger with each day, until he couldn’t wait to have her once more.

“Ditto,” he stroked her hair as he pulled away. “Are you sure we can’t skip the bath? I’ve already taken one and there is something else I would much rather be doing.” he kissed her neck suggestively and placed his hand on her thigh.

“Absolutely not ” Evangeline stood up to remove her boy shorts and camisole. She tossed them to the side and stepped into the tub. “The water’s fine John. Join me.” She tapped the water in front of her indicating where she wanted John to sit.

Not having to be told twice, John quickly got rid of his boxers and sat in front of her in the tub. Evangeline wrap her arms around him and nuzzled his neck. “This is nice” she whispered quietly. She drip the warm, fragrant blue water over his shoulders and rubbed it into his skin.

John leaned into her and sighed as her fingers worked their magic over tense shoulders and neck. Cupping water in her hand, Evangeline used it to massage his shoulders. She continued the massage finding his muscles strong beneath her hands, but all tight and knotted from stress. “I was thinking about you all day today.” Evangeline murmured against his skin.

“Oh yeah? What were you thinking?” John balled his hand in the water.

Evangeline smiled and dipped her hand lower, massaging his lower back before going back to his shoulders. “I was thinking of how long it been since we’ve made love.” John groaned at the image she shot through his mind. It had been a while.

She found a particular knotted muscle, digging into it with her thumb. He gasped softly in pain, but quickly relaxed again as her fingers slowly swept over his shoulders. She could feel his muscles begin to loosen up.

Evangeline wrapped her legs around his waist so that each foot was on his spread thighs. “Tough case?” she asked softly, leaning forward to whisper in his ear, her hard nipples pressed against his back..

“You could say that.” John kneaded her foot and toyed with her toes. He leaned his head against her shoulder, looking directly at the side of her face. “I don’t want to talk about it. I don’t want to taint the only good in my life with the ugliness of my reality.”

“John,” she removed her hand to lift his head up, adjusting herself for a kiss. Their lips met half way, finding the other with a sweetness that squeezed her heart. John had turned around so that they were facing each other as the kiss quickly became more lustful in its intent.

As her hands firmly stroked his bare back, and she sat there so close to him, she felt the now familiar sensations of warmth and wetness sweeping through her. She couldn’t get close enough and buried her hands in his hair, her lips opening beneath his prying ones. Somehow they shifted for when they parted she was in front of him.

“I love you John Mcbain.” words of love didn’t pass Evangeline lips often. She said it when she felt it to such a degree she couldn’t keep it inside any longer. Evangeline tugged the arms that wrapped around her closer together and kiss his wet biceps.

He didn’t say anything back, not that she was surprised. John wasn’t known for using the “L” word, not that he didn’t say it. He had his moment but they few and far between. He once told her that he would never be good at saying the words but that didn’t mean he didn’t feel it. That he told her of his love through his action. Evangeline released his arms to stroke his erection, finding it to be slippery from the fragrant oils and the water.

“Don’t do that sweetheart if you plan it to last.” John groaned out and removed her hands.

Evangeline turned around, the water sloshing around her and looped her hands behind his neck. “Who said I wanted it to last?” she kissed his neck and than shoulder, her tongue following suit.

“Tease” he mumbled and he gripped her thighs. His hand inching higher and higher.

“Tease? Me? Never. I always follow through.” Evangeline brushed her tongue along his lip, then slid it inside his mouth.

Pulling apart, Evangeline reach for the Aveda rosemary mint body wash. Spurting some into her hand and began to sweep her hands over him. Feeling him tense and hearing him groan as she approached and then avoided his hardness, she brought her hand to it after she had finished with the rest of him.

Evangeline watch with pride as he closed his eyes form the thrill of what she was doing to him. At first she let a lone finger trace the length of his hardness. Going at a slow pace, she shocked his eyes to open once her open palm closed around him and squeezed.

“Darlin’ I told you about that.” John warned but she didn’t listen. In fact she did the opposite, increasing her speed and hold on his member. She ran her free hand along his thigh, feeling his muscles tremble at her touch. His manhood begun to throb more forcefully now, and the rest of his body was starting to thrust with it. She moved her free hand up and softly cradled his testicles, drawing an intense moan from him as his body jerked sharply.

John’s body had moved from his original position and was now half sitting half lying in the tub with her in between his legs. His hand went to hers. “I need” John took a deep breath to fight for control, “I need you to stop.”

Evangeline pouted “I don’t want to” and than she grinned at the “stern” look he gave her. After removing her hand she tangled them in his hair. “Better?”

“No,” John groaned out right before he claimed her lips for a kiss. “Turn around,” he told her.

He poured out some soap into his hands and started gently caressing her back. With slow, gentle movements, he proceeded over every bit of her body, but carefully avoided areas that he longed to touch. Once done, John inched his way up from her rib cage to her small yet full breast.
Upon reaching his goal, John grasped her breasts in his large hands. She moaned at the gentle pressure of his fingers, while his lips touched her earlobe then moved down onto her neck. He squeezed her left nipple between his thumb and index finger, drawing a gasp from her.

In reply, she pushed herself back against him and then shifted herself up, stroking herself over his penis. Immediately his breath caught and his body stiffened. John had to stop and breath harshly as his body sought for relief. No, John mentally told himself, he would have to wait but he didn’t mind because John knew it would be worth the wait.

After taking a deep shuddering breath and counting to ten, John picked up some water and sprinkled it over her, repeatedly. The soft stroke of his hand down her stomach as he turned her around had her biting her tongue. Their eyes met and his hand got lost below the water and in between her legs.

Evangeline’s thigh muscles clenched in anticipation and her eyelids grew heavy once she felt his touch on her upper inner thigh. The first brush of his hand tenderly stroking the wet flesh between her thighs drew a moan of pleasure from her. She arched her hips into his fingers wantonly while circling her hips to draw out the heat. Delicious sensations coursed wildly throughout her veins with every beat of her heart.

She gasped his name and her hand went to his shoulders, clutching him tightly. Spreading her thighs wider with his other hand, John slipped his finger inside. Evangeline’s eyes rolled in the back of her heard as he caressed her from within. Her inner walls clenched at his finger as she laid her head on his shoulder, her breathing heavy.

Evangeline was now shaking and gasping with greater intensity; John probed upward with his fingertips, and quickly found her swollen clit. A yelp escaped her purposefulyl shut mouth as waves of mindless pleasure rocked her frame. Her thighs closed with his hand trapped between,causing the water to move around them.

Evangeline squeezed her thighs together, heightening the sensation as his hand moved insistently in regardless of how cramped his fingers felt with her legs closed. Heat unfurled in her belly as everything in her got intense, she fisted her hand over his back and moaned low and deep.

“Open for me.” he whispered hotly in her ear, his breath moving the wisp of hair that had fallen out of her bun.

Complying, her thighs fell open and he took up speed while adding another finger. He removed his finger only for a moment before his fingers penetrated her again, going as deep as they could.

Her voice got higher and higher as climax neared. In her voice, John heard her burning desire for completions and did everything in his power to give her just that. John pushed mightily into her willing body while moving each finger in sync as his thumb rubbed her pleasure point.

It wasn’t long before she joyously gave herself over to the rapture. The raw pleasure tore through her and she shook from the force of it all. In order to keep her scream down, she bit down on his shoulder.

“You always do that.” John barely got what she said since her words were muffled from his shoulder.

John smiled, saying, “Yeah? Well I want to make you happy.”

“It would make me happy if you would let me lead.” Evangeline lifted up her head to glare accusing at him. “I try to do something nice for you and-“

John interrupted her when, he pressed his lips to hers. Evangeline responded as quickly as if she started it, her passion for the man in her arms quickly becoming renewed.

“Don’t you get it?” he ask her, stroking her cheek. “Making you happy is doing something nice for me.” he kissed her deeply.

“Lets get out of here so you can do something else nice for me.” she winked cheekily at John. Evangeline took the hand that John offered after he had gotten out.

“I’m going to start the shower so we can get rinse off.”

“Okay.” As John walked not too far away in their large bathroom, Evangeline reach in and release the tap. She picked up the bottle of body wash that had been tossed aimlessly in the tub. She went around and blew out most of the candles, leaving only those on the sink still burning

John stealthy came up behind Evangeline careful not to make a sound. With a swiftness John pinched her behind.

“Ow ” Evangeline yelp and turned around her hand going to the sting his pinch caused. She looked into John’s laughing face and before she could chew him out, he scooped her into his arms. John deposited her into the shower, right under the shower head.

The warm water cascaded over her body and wet her hair which she tried in vain not to keep dry. John found his arousal get stronger as he took in the sight of her glistening wet body. John walked toward her and removed the clip that was binding her hair, in doing, so letting her hair get more wet as the water fell.

“Happy?” Evangeline ask sarcastically. She knew that was his goal the entire time. John loved having her hair down and almost always found a way to put it down if by any chance she had it up.

“Ask me later.” The spray washed over both them taking away the soap suds from their bodies. John put his arms low on her waist, resting his hand on her round behind. She looked up as the temperature in the bathroom got hotter.

He backed her into the wall and away from the spray of the water. “We probably should take this to the bedroom,” John said kissing her neck, his lips suckling at a certain spot that left her breathless. No doubt leaving a mark that she would have to cover with foundation the next morning.

Evangeline groaned and prayed for the fog in her brain to go away. “Why? When we have a perfectly good wall?”

John grinned, and a devilish look took over his handsome feature. That’s all he needed to know. His head swooped down to capture her lips in a deep, greedy kiss. She moaned against his mouth, her arms encircling his broad shoulders, her fingers already tangling fiercely within his dark brown hair, immensely enjoying the feel of the thick strands that flowed through her hands like raw silk.

John cupped her breast in his hand and kneaded the soft flesh. She moaned into the kiss, her nails leaving crescent moon on his back. John’s mouth left hers to gently suckle on the hardened peak. Evangeline’s moans got louder as she no longer had his mouth to quite her voice. “Don’t want to wait,” Evangeline murmured, scraping her teeth on his tender neck.

Without further adieu, John wedged his hard thigh between her legs, and lifting her up as if she weighed nothing more than a feather. Evangeline wrapped her legs around his waist and could feel the tip of his hard length at her entrance and shuddered.

“More” she moaned. Her head touched the back of the wall and she clenched her thighs tighter around him. She waited for him to fully thrust inside her but nothing came but silence. Evangeline opened her eyes with a question. “What’s wrong?”

John shook his head and tried to breath through the deep feeling in his chest. He traced her full lip with his thumb, and brought his mouth to her ear. “I love you” he whispered before his lips returned to her mouth. Before those beautiful words could register in her brain, John thrust inside her, stretching her to fit his size.

She cried out at the rightness of him inside her and forced herself to breath. John groaned at the feel of her so tight so wet and only for him. He pulled out partially only to thrust even harder inside her. She was gasping more, crying his name in pure delight, as their pace quickened.

“Deeper,” Evangeline cooed as she started losing the perfect rhythm they had created since day one. Her thrust downward got sloppier as paradise awaited her eagerly. His hand went downward to stroke the nub that controlled her desire. She bucked widely against him, her nails scratching his back.

Her body was swaying wildly, causing her hair to dance all around them, which only further increased his arousal. John took hold of her bouncing hips to keep them in sync with his own. He kissed her deeply, his tongue dipping into her mouth and wrapping itself around her own.

John broke away when her inner muscle clenched at him and he bared his teeth forcing himself to wait. His hands took hold of her breasts, his thumbs pressing into her nipples. She felt the fire inside her increasing to a fevered pitch, her blood simply boiling with sexual desire.

“I never knew,” she panted and had to stop speaking as a wave struck her. It was nothing but a prelude to the real thing. “That desire had a name until you.” she barely got the words out before she screamed. He found it -- the spot that made her lose control. “ I can’t...I feel...you...” she started speaking incoherently, as the build up became to much and yet not enough

John could tell by her voice that she was going to come, she was speaking in that climactic voice so John kept pumping in the direction he was now and added more strength to his thrust. He picked her by her bottom as her legs grew weak around him.

He took a leg off his waist and put it on his shoulder. Holding on to a thigh John was able to thrust deeper into her moist center. John bent her back slightly so as to be able to suckle a breast. He pressed his teeth into her nipple, then swept his tongue over it. As she gasped his name again, and again her world became dizzy as light and bright colors went off. Evangeline's entire body seized with the now familiar force of her orgasm, her muscles clamping down with tremendous power on his penis. His own body responded, taking him to a tremendous climax and sending his seed exploding into her.

They shook in each other’s arms from their climax and slowly slid to the ground. John was on top of her and he rolled away but she pulled him on top of her, and stroke his back. The water sprinkled over them washing away the trace of their eventful love making.

“Tell me I’m not the best,” John said jokingly but underneath he was serious.

Evangeline laughed. Layla had once said in front of John that he couldn’t be all that in bed. That she was sure that despite Evangeline’s limited intimate experience with men, that she’d had better. Evangeline had simply stood back and smiled, letting her sister ramble on.

“I don’t need to,” Evangeline said, although John didn’t say anything at the time she knew it hurt his male pride. “You’ve proven it thousand time before.” she kissed his cheek.

They stayed there silently, letting the water drip over them. When they finally got off the shower floor and turned off the faucets, blew out the candles, John carried her back to their cold bed.

John smiled at her, once again thinking how beautiful she was. Evangeline was on her back looking at John, looking at her. Her face grew warm as she averted her eyes embarrassed from his attention.

John tuned her face back to him. He raised himself on his elbow so he could look at her better. Tucking a wet strand behind her ear, he declared, “I never knew true beauty until I saw you.”

Evangeline searched into his eyes and smiled lovingly at him. “Thank you” she whispered and softly kissed his lips.

His thumbs made little circles on her smooth cheek as John got lost in his thought. His eyes went back to hers, and he tweak her nose. “I know I don’t say this as much as I should but I love you.” he held her face in his hands, and through his eyes Evangeline could see the sincerity in his words. “I love you more than I every thought I would.”

Evangeline gave him a watery smile, “you are bent on making me cry aren’t you?”

“Never,” John said strongly.

She reached up and wrapped her arms around him, hugging him to her tight. “I know you love me.”

It was some time later when Evangeline looked up to ask for the time. John craned his neck briefly to see the time on the clock and than settled his head back on her stomach “It’s 3:45”

“Damn,” Evangeline yawned and stretch her legs out. “Let’s not go to work today.” Evangeline stroked his back with long broad strokes.

“You mean play hooky? And do nothing but be together? I have a ton of files that I haven’t even touched, but ok.”

Evangeline mouth fell open, surprised. John wasn’t one to take a day off work unless it couldn’t be helped and even then he was thinking about his workload. “Yeah?”

John smiled and kissed her abdomen. “Yeah. No work. Just me and you.”

“John?” Evangeline called out to him some time later. They were under the covers, her head on his chest. And with every breath he took he slowly lulled her to sleep.

“Mmm?” John called out, practically asleep.

“Happy?” she repeated the question she ask him earlier

“Are you?” John ask back. “Because as long as you are so am I.” John kissed her forehead and rubbed her shoulders.

“Yes.” Evangeline smiled in her husband’s arms and put her arm over his stomach. Burrowing her head into his chest, she closed her eyes for the final time and let sleep claim her, feeling loved and utterly secure.

The end