Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 2
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 0] Printer

ePub eBook


This Has been viewed 885 times



Click here to darken the background



Little Miss Independent

John was walking through a wing of the hospital looking for Michael when he spotted Evangeline and some woman.

He was about to go say hi when he heard Evangeline yell."I don't need that thing Annie."she said tossing a cane to the ground.

John shook his head and walked over to the ladies."Hello ladies."

"John what are you doing here?"Evangeline asked

"I was looking for Michael when I heard a familiar voice yelling at an innocent person."John said laughing

"Haha John.John this is Annie, Annie this is John."

"Nice to meet you Annie.Can I speak to you for a moment?"

"Of course."Annie said

John took her arm and moved over to a corner out of Evangeline's earshot.

"Let me try to get her to use that.I know her she's very stuborn.I think if you give me a few minutes I might be able to get her to give it a try."John said.

Annie smiled."You seem to know Evangeline pretty well.How do you to know each other?"Annie asked

John smiled and said."We dated for a year so yeah I probably know her better than anyone and vise versa.So will you let me try?"

"Sure I have another patient to get to anyway.Good luck."Annie said.

They walked back over and Annie said."Evangeline I have another patient but I'm going to leave you in John's capable hands.He says he can handle your stuborness."Annie looked toward John and said."Good luck."then walked away.

"John I don't care what you say I do not need that stupid thing."

"Hey it's none of my business.Listen I'll see ya later.I have to go find Michael."John said and then pretended to walk away.

"John wait.You can't just leave me here."Evangeline said

"Why not?You said you didn't need any help."John said smiling

"I never said I didn't need help.I just said I didn't need that damn cane."Evangeline said angrily

"What has happened to you.Where is the Evangeline WilliamsonI used to know.The one that was strong and independent."

"I'm still her.I just need help now."Evangeline yelled

"No you're not her.You buried her when you lost your sight.The Evangeline that I know would take that cane and show the world that she can make without someone to lead her around."John said

"Where's Cris?"Evangeline asked

"Yeah that's right call for Cris.Cris will coddle you and do everything for you."

Evangeline looked at him hurt."John why are you doing this? What do you want from me?"

"I want the Evangeline that I know back.I want you to show me and everyone else that you being blind won't stop you from being you."

"John why can't you just help me.Take me where I have to go.Instead of shoving that damn cane at me."

John blew out a heated breath looked up at the ceiling and said."Because I want you to show me that you don't need me.Now take this cane and be the woman that I know you are."

"Why are you doing this John?Tell me why?"Evangeline asked getting angry.

John grabbed her by the arms and said."You want to know why.I'll tell you.I want the Evangeline Willamson back that I know because that's the Evangeline that I fell in love with the night I took her to her first football game.The one that's been in my system since the night she kissed me for the first time at the Palace bar.That's why I want you to take this cane and show the world that she still exists."

Evangeline stood there for a moment stunned then she said."Give me the cane."

John handed her the cane and watched as she tried to figure out what to do.

He took her hand and said."You move it back and forth like this."

He put his hand on top of hers and moved the cane from side to side while she held it.

"Ok let me try it."she said

John moved his hand and watched as she moved the cane from side to side and took a few steps forward.

"That's it.You're doing it angel.I'm so proud of you."

She stopped and said."John where are you?"

John stepped in front of her and said."Right here."

She stood on her tiptoes and kissed him on the cheek."Thank you for helping me to help myself."

"It's no big deal.It's what you do when you love someone."

"John did you really mean it when you said you love me or were you just trying to get me to do what I should have been doing from the start."

"I really meant it.I love you and I'm sorry it took me so longto say it.I want to start over.I know we can't pretend that the past year didn't happen or that I didn't let Natalie destroy the best thing that has ever happened to either one of us but I want to make a new start.Can we do that?"

"What about Natalie?Is she still going to be sticking her nose in where it doesn't belong?"

"No, not if we don't let her and I won't let her.She's got a whole town full of family to help her with her problems and I'm tired of her obsession.She is out of my life forever."

Evangeline smiled and said."Well if you really mean it I'm willing to give it a try.Now how about I treat you to a burger,fries and a beer at Rodi's McBain?"

John smiled and said."You're on Williamson.Lead the way."

Evangeline put her cane out took John's arm and said."This way."

They went to Rodi's and spent the rest of the evening
reconnecting.