Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 2
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 1] Printer

ePub eBook


This Has been viewed 1368 times



Click here to darken the background



John looked around the room, the festive color of Christmas bright against his dark mood. Red and greens was beautifully positioned around the spacious ballroom with a huge Christmas tree to the far right.

Classical music mixed in with Christmas songs blared softly from the speakers. John looked around to see if he saw anyone he remotely wanted to speak with. Few passerby here and there saw him and he greeted them curtly.

He found out he wasn’t in the mood to speak at all especially since all people wanted to do was gawk at him. He wanted to shout “I’m not dead!” so they would stop looking at him in wonder. John meandered around the room, a drink in his hand.

He spied her across the room, the burgundy backless dress she wore doing her wonders. He sucked in his breath, his eyes greedily taking in the sight of her. He sipped at his drink, ignoring the redhead that appeared next to him from nowhere.

“Let’s dance John,” Natalie told John eagerly, yanking at his arm.

John groaned in annoyance and pulled his arm from her grasp. “No.”

The two letter word took the wind from her sail and she frowned but quickly masked it by putting on a toothy grin. “No? Oh ok um maybe we could go talk to Jess and Antonio,” she suggesting hopefully.

John was already shaking his head before she could even finish her sentence. “No.”

“Is something wrong? Are you not feeling ok?”

John rolled his eyes, “nothing’s wrong,” he said before walking away. John wished she would stop smothering him, let him breath! He couldn’t turn around without her being right there under him. Without thinking, he found himself mere feet away from the woman he hasn’t been able to get off his mind.

Out of the corner of his eyes he was glad to see that Natalie stalked off to go to talk to her sister. For the present time he had a short reprieve. It occurred to him that he shouldn’t be so nasty to her but it was her fault. She chased him to no end and she got him. All the nasty attitudes, foul moods, workaholic, and emotionally crippled that made John.

Evangeline was talking to Nora and she laughed at something she said. She looked happy John thought sadly. He placed the empty champagne glass on the tray and stuffed his hand into his pocket. He leaned against the wall as he watched, finding her movements familiar, comforting.

Evangeline looked around her, feeling someone staring at her. She excused her self from Nora as she went to the ladies room. She couldn’t shake the feeling that someone was watching her and what was strange was that she didn’t find it intrusive.

On her way back from the ladies room, she was going to go join Christian at their table when she saw him. John. Her heart leapt in her throat and in that second, time ceased to exist. Tremulous brown eyes clashed with stormy blue eyes.

They walked towards each other at the same time and didn’t stop till they were a breath away from each other. It wasn’t a conscious effort on their part more like binding strings pulling them together.

“John,” Evangeline breathed unsteady and she reached out. She touched his face with shaky fingers, shocked to see him well and alive. Her fingers traveled the planes of his face, unafraid.

He caught her fingers and pressed it even more into his hairless cheek. “Hey,” he crocked out, his voice sounding husky to his own ears.

She let him hold on to her hand for a second longer before pulling her hand back. She looked around thankful that Chris hadn’t seen that….he was quick to be jealous over nothing. Although she and John were far from nothing and it didn’t take a jealous boyfriend to realize that.

“You look good,” she said when she couldn’t think of anything to say. The staring contest they were having, unnerving her.

John shrugged, “a sure improvement from being nothing but burnt skin,” he said joked.

Evangeline frowned, “don’t joke about that John…I thought you were dead…we all thought you were dead,”

He shrugged, “it will take more then a few burns to put me out of commission.” John brushed his hand through his short hair, finding it strange once more to have short hair after having it long hair for so many years. “Would you ah like to dance?” he asked her shyly.

“I don’t think we should,” Evangeline told him quickly. She looked around feeling guilty when there was no need to.

“Aww come on Williamson…where is your sense of adventure?” He didn’t give her a chance to reply or do much of anything before he swept her into his arms.

“John!” Evangeline squeak once she got her bearing straight. She debated leaving him on the dance floor but that would have been rude so she followed his lead. “One dance,” she told him, “and that’s it.”

“Fair enough,” He held her hand in his while the other was on her back, her skin warm beneath his hand. “I kept waiting for you to see me at the hospital,” he admitted sometime later.

She sighed and bit on the inside of her cheek to keep from saying something that shouldn’t be said. “I wanted to,” she responded once she was composed. Evangeline looked at the spot behind his shoulder, her body tense. “But I didn’t want to intrude-”

“You could never intrude,” John interrupted her and willed her to look into his eyes but she stubbornly refused.

“How did you like my get well basket?” Evangeline wanted to get the conversation off the track of sounding so personal into something light.

John grinned, “I loved it.” Evangeline hadn’t gotten him some stupid flowers and balloons like ever one else had. She had made a basket with his favorite cookies, a dvd recording of the games the Eagles had played thus far and a well detailed brief on what was going on in the Spencer case.

Evangeline smiled, warmth going through her at his words. “I’m glad you enjoyed it.”

John held her in his arms, memories of time past coming to the forefront of his mind. Being with Evangeline, holding her in his arms always felt right to him. For the first time in weeks, John felt at peace.

“I’ve dreamed about this,” he whispered, his breath warm along the shell of her ear. She stiffened in his hold, her feet temporarily stopped moving. “Holding you in my arms…I would wake up in the middle of night wishing you were by my side.”

Evangeline’s startled gaze moved to meet his charming blue eyes instead of looking at the spot behind his shoulder. “Don’t say that,” she hissed. His words evoking a series of emotions she no longer wanted to deal with.

“Why?” he asked, his voice smoky and deep. His gaze captured hers and refused to let go. He splayed his hands dangerously low on the small of her back. He was grateful for the backless dress she wore that allowed him to feel the warmth of her skin.

She stiffened even more, his touch unwelcome although inwardly she relished the feel of his hand on her body once more. “Because we are over…we’ve been over for some time now.

“That’s just a technicality.” He twirled her away from him in a grand manner. They danced in silence, perfectly in tune with each other as if it hadn’t been years since they last dance together.

Evangeline was mindful of the stares that dancing together was generating especially from a fuming moronic redhead and muscle-bound knucklehead. “Your ….fiancée,” she almost choked on the word and she hoped John hadn’t notice, “doesn’t look happy with you dancing with me.”

For the time since they saw each other, John frowned. “Let’s not talk about her.” John pressed her body even closer to his and closed his eyes. He inhaled her Flowers in Springtime scent and was transported to another time.

There was so many things he wanted to say, things he wished he said when he had the chance. He didn’t let the sudden bout of melancholy to spoil the moment and leaned his head against her. Her dark silky tress was soft against his cheek.

“That’s like asking me to forget reality.” She said interrupting his thoughts and removing him from the safe place that was their past together. Unconsciously her body molded to his and yielded to his harder one. She fought the desire she had to rest her head on his shoulder and sigh from the sheer pleasure of being with him again.

“I don’t want you to forget reality,” he murmured against her hair, breathing in the jasmine aroma that clung to her hair. “I want you to forget everything expect us…me. Right now we are the reality.”

She gasped, her eyes once again going to his which burned brightly with hidden emotions. She couldn’t control the fluttering in her heart anymore then she could stop breathing. “Don’t say things like that,” she stammered, her face feeling flush, her body hot.

She cursed her self for the weakness she had when it came to him. One look and she was right back to being crazy in love with him. One touch and she longed for him to be inside her, to feel his body moving over hers.

He dipped her deeply, her head almost touching the ground in its descent. Her lissome frame bending over his arms and she felt as light as air. Covertly he brushed his hand along the side of her breast before straighten and twirling her away from him to keep her off balance.

Evangeline looked around and hoped no one saw him touch her breast which was now tingling. Her breath came out a little uneven and she wondered at the power he had over her. He hadn’t even touched her breast directly and she was already thinking of finding ways for him to.

She wanted to slap the egoistical smile off his face but settled for a tight smile. He knew the havoc he was wrecking on her system and was greatly amused by it. She didn’t like how cool he was in contrasts to her jumbled and frayed emotions.

Not one to let someone else gain the upper hand on her, she rocked her hips against his in a tantalizing fashion. He sucked in a breath, his blue eyes clouded over and she licked her lips, validated.

The words touché was on the tip of his tongue when he leaned forward and grazed his lips on her cheek. John remembered a time when he could do so, touch her that is, freely and openly as he wanted to.

Silence reigned as he maneuvered her along the dance floor; he got them as far away as possible from eyes that bore into them. He stroked the bare skin of her back with the pad of his thumb.

Evangeline sighed and leaned into the touch. She didn’t want to but the feeling to just relax into him was more then she could fight. Giving up, she put her head on his shoulder, smiling when she felt his chin on the top of her head.

“Have I told you how breathtaking you look tonight?” he whispered into her hair, his eyes closed.

Evangeline gulped, tears misting her eyes for unknown reason. “No,” her voice thick with emotion.

“You do but that’s nothing new,” he said chuckling. “You always took my breath away.” John colored slightly to reveal it but he didn’t back down from her stare when she looked into his eyes.

“Why are you saying that?” she asked, her arm curling around his neck. She didn’t fight the feelings (at the moment) that were swirling all around them.

John cleared his throat and averted his eyes first. “It’s the truth,” he said heartbeats later. His voice was husky when he spoke, “there are no words to describe how you affect me Counselor,”

She blinked her throat tight. “Then don’t try,” she told him softly and leaned her head on his shoulder once more. She breathed in deeply of his cologne, treasuring it for all time. “Stop being so so,” she tried to think of a word that would fit his unJohn like behavior, “charming.”

“I’m always charming,” he quickly replied and was rewarded by her lifting her head and eyebrows. John grinned and shrugged. “It’s the Christmas season…I can be a little charming for Christmas right?”

She gave him a wistful smile and didn’t say anything. This didn’t seem real, he didn’t seem real. She had given up on tonight being anything worthwhile and then she saw John…..

“Merry Christmas Evangeline,”

“Ba humbug,” she said and walked away from him. Taking a flute of champagne from the tray a waiter offered as she walked to the open gardens beyond.

John stood where she left him. His eyes wide, gawking after her. What the hell just happened? He ran his fingers through his hair before he went after her. But first he made a pit stop to the open bar, a gut feeling telling him he is going to need a stiff drink.

“What the hell happened back there?” John asked her when he joined her outside. The chill of the night getting to him and he had on a jacket. He brushed away the snow that landed on him before he realized it was futile.

Evangeline didn’t turn around to regard him; she just kept looking at the meticulous kept lawn. She shivered, the December cold mixed with the snow having her regret her hasty actions to come outside.

“Nothing happened,” she coldly responded. She wanted to be left alone and he was disrupting her solace. She needed to be alone to gather her thoughts, think of a plan.

John removed his jacket and placed it around her shoulders. “Put it on…please?”

Evangeline sighed and did as he asked. His body heat and everything that was solely John penetrated into her arising feeling better left dead. Her hold on her drink tightened and she brought it to her lips, welcoming the warmth that shot through her.

“I thought you liked Christmas?” confusion notably in his voice. “Did we switch places or something? Usually I hate the holidays and you can’t shut up about it.”

Evangeline chuckled softly John’s aversion to holiday was notorious. “I’m just not in the mood this year.”

John came closer, not liking the sadness that tinged her voice. “Why?”

Evangeline shrugged, she didn’t care to explain. “Let’s just say I’ll be glad when 2006 is over.”

John put his glass of brandy on the gate and put his hand on her shoulder, turning her to face him. “Me too,” John said. “Two years ago was the first and last Christmas I’ve enjoyed in forever,”

“Two years ago?” Her tone wavered and she moved in place lightly. “That was a good Christmas…a good year despite everything.”

John removed the glass from her hand and put it beside his drink. “Tell me what’s wrong,” John stoked her face gently, her cheeks cool. “You can trust me,” as he looked at her, John remembered another time.

It was December; they were about to leave Angel Square Diner after Todd’s non wedding. It was snowing and she said, with awe in her voice, “is that beautiful or what?”

“Yeah,” he turned to look at her, “it is,” couldn’t help but look at her, her beauty, inward and outward, leaving him immobile. And as if controlled by the same thought, they both leaned into share a kiss.


John blinked several time to bring himself back to the present, focusing on her. She looked so unsure whereas once before she would have willingly (and without much prodding) told him what’s wrong. “You can tell me anything,” he urged her, taking her hand in his.

Evangeline licked her lips, the sincerity she saw in his eyes getting to her.” Nothing and everything if that makes any sense.” She walked away from him, “My life is nothing how I thought it would have been two years ago.”

“Tell me about it.” He agreed. John never thought he would be here either but then John learned long ago that nothing goes the way it should.

“How did I get here? I look in the mirror and I don’t recognize the woman looking back at me.” Evangeline shrugged as if to mask how much it bothered her. “How do I get over it?”

“I learned long ago to accept situations and not hope for the best but expect the worst,” John said stuffing his hand in his pockets. He thought of his father’s and Caitlin’s death and how broken he was after they abandoned him.

“Is that what you were doing with me John? Accepting a situation you didn’t want? “

John flashed her smile, “you were one situation I couldn’t wait to get in,” he said his words having a double meaning.

Evangeline flushed and shot John a looked that said ‘behave’. She mimicked his stance and put her hands in the coat pockets. She let the conversation lapse between them, enjoying the comfortable silence. “I know it’s stupid,” she said after some time “but I always saw us as this supercouple that would take on the world….”

John chuckled, “me too.”

“You saw us as supercouple?” She asked him in disbelief, her eyes looking into his.

“Well no,” she laughed and he grinned, “but something along those lines.” John liked hearing her laugh, he liked knowing that he caused it even more. “I didn’t see life going down the route it has either but it is another situation I will just have to bear though.”

“Where did you see life taking you?” Evangeline asked intrigued. John was opening up more to her then he ever had and the thought too little too late went through her mind.

John shrugged, “I never really thought about the future but I did always think you would be by my side. Superman and Lois style.”

Evangeline released a breath she hadn’t been aware she was holding. She had been afraid that he would say that he hadn’t saw her in his future at all. She frowned, not liking the fact that John still had control over her emotionally.

“There’s no reason to be talking about this,” she told him solemnly, “we can’t change the world and how things are.”

“In a perfect world…we would be together.” John said, sure in his convention.

“You think so?” she turned so that she was standing directly in front of him, a soft smile on her lips.

“I know so.” Something about the snow, Christmas and being with Evangeline made John believe in a better tomorrow. He pulled her towards him, her laugh music to his ears.

“You do that with such poetry.” She looked into his eyes, emotions in their depth he would have hidden from her months ago.

“Do what?” His eyes dipped to her lips as they softly parted. She licked her lips and brazenly he followed their movement. Envying her tongue.

“Pull me towards you,” she answered with some difficulty. The cold she had felt mere seconds ago was gone to be replaced with a blazing heat that had everything to do with the man before her.

Her heart started beating fast that she would have sworn he would have been able to hear it. His eyes held hers spellbind as she took note of every shade of blue. She sucked in a breath from the way he was looking at her. He looked at her as if she was already naked….

“Poetry?” he said laughing and looked upwards, rolling his eyes. He grinned devilishly when he saw what was up there. Not even trying to hide his glee, John told Evangeline to look up.

“A mistletoe,” she breathed dumbfounded, not understanding the implications at first. It took only seconds before she realized what it meant. What standing under it with John meant. “You can’t kiss me,” she told him prematurely, her hands flat on his chest to (maybe) push him away.

“Why not?” He had every intention of kissing her whether there was a mistole or not but John couldn’t deny how easier it would be now because of it.

“Because…” why shouldn’t he kiss her? She couldn’t seem to remember but she knew there were reasons. “Um you have…someone and I I have someone too.” The thought of their fleeting ball and chain did nothing to neither deter nor extinguish the sparks they were putting out.

“But it’s a Christmas tradition.” John said a glint in his eyes. Just the thought of kissing her again had John giddy. “You wouldn’t want to spit on a holiday tradition would you?”

“Ba humbug.” She didn’t like the way he looked at her. It was making her nervous, skittish.

“You’re just afraid that if I kiss you, you’ll want more.” John said confidently, knowing what it would do to her. “And if you want more, you won’t be able to stop.”

Evangeline back away a fraction, she glared up at him. “Hardly” she told him crossing her arms over her chest. Her heart picked up a crazy rhythm again as rapacious desire tremble deep within her.

“Oh yeah? Prove it.” John dared her, a smirk on his face. Evangeline Williamson did not turn down a dare.

“Are you challenging me?”

John shrugged. “Take it for what you will sweetheart.”

In a fit of rebellion and the need to prove him wrong, she tugged him to her and stood on her tippy toes. She brushed her mouth against his in a innocent contact. Neither had been expected the jolt of electricity that passed through them from their lips touching.

“There!” she said with more bravado then she was actually feeling. The kiss no matter how brief left her shaken. It reminded her that passion was either there or wasn’t and that it couldn’t be faked or forced. She brought her hand to her lips. Wanting more…damn him she thought darkly.

John licked his lips, savoring the feel of her lips against his. “That wasn’t enough,” he hoarsely told her before he back her into the wall. His taller and bulkier frame obscuring her from view.

He cupped her warm cheeks in his palm and settled his lips over hers for a more adequate kiss. She sighed and her arms came around his neck, need springing to life inside of her. She murmured his name and she threw herself head first into the moment.

Her lips parted for him like it always had, and his tongue slipped into the moist recess. John groaned, his arousal tightening even more as he tasted her. She tasted of champagne, something utterly sweet and her.

A moan rose from the back of her throat as he tipped her head back for better coverage. Heat seared through her and everything faded away to the background. She scooted closer to him, wanting to feel him skin to skin.

Her breast was pressed to his chest and there was no where else in the world he would rather be. Each sound she made spiraled through him, grabbed a hold of his heart and shot straight to his groin.

Her familiar scent assaulted his senses and he found himself drowning in her. He ached to be in her heat, to move within her. Her name sounded harsh passing his lips and he repeatedly dipped his tongue in her mouth in a erotic manner.

He kissed down her neck and trailed forbidden fingers over her womanly curves. “I want you,” he rasped against her neck, his fingers itching to feel her supple flesh.

Evangeline arched against him, the sensible part of her telling her to stop their rash behavior but she just couldn’t bring herself to do it. Couldn’t bring herself to stop the first real emotion she felt since they broke up.

His hand went behind her neck, fumbling with the clasp that held her dress together. After tugging at it with shaky fingers it finally came undone. It was at that moment when Evangeline felt the cool air on her naked breasts that she became fully aware of their situations.

She pushed at his chest, until he finally stopped touching her and folded her arms over her chest. Evangeline took in huge gulps of air through her mouth and regarded John circumspectly.

“We can’t be doing this out here,” she hissed at John, a blush on her dark cheeks. She pulled the dress up and looked around, glad to see that they were secluded. “What if someone had saw us?”

John shrugged, “then they see us.” She looked so sexy, John thought, her hair was all messed up from his hands, her eyes bright. Her lips looking more inviting then she wanted, he was sure.

“Stop being so cavalier about it,”

He shrugged once more and leaned into her. His action caused her to lean back to get away from him. “We belong together Evangeline…you know it, I know it. The world knows it.”

“Then why aren’t we together?” She couldn’t keep the petulant tone from her voice.

John sighed and looked away. He shoved his hand through his hair, “the world isn’t perfect.” He reached out to touch her and cupped the back of her neck.

“The world will never be perfect,” she whispered unsteadily.

“But we are…you are to me,” he said before he brushed his lips across hers. Their eyes remained open as their mouth melded together. His hungry blue eyes stared into her and she was a goner.

She stopped fighting it and went with the flow. He nibbled at her bottom lip, his teeth catching the fullness. She moaned and her hands went into his hair, and pulled him even closer.

John forgot how it felt to have such emotions gripping him so strongly. Lust and desire raged in him and wanting her became as essential as air. “I’ve missed you too much,” he spoke more to him self then her.

She felt him reach up and cup her full yet small breasts. His adept fingers alternated between squeezing gently and cupping the aroused globes. She moaned and her head fell back, “I’ve missed you too…more then I ever thought I would,”

He kissed down her neck and bended over to take a dark nipple into his mouth. She cried out as his mouth suckled hard at her nipple. He rubbed his thumb expertly across the engorged tip of the other, back and forth.

Desire resonated in every nerve ending in her body. She squirmed against him, fire spreading in her loins. “We can’t do this here,” she rasped, her hands unbuttoning his chemise even though rationally she knew she shouldn’t.

Inwardly she chuckled at trying to apply rationale thinking to her and John. The thing that most people didn’t get, couldn’t understand was that there was no text book answer to explain them. They defied logic and reasoning. They just were…was.

John caressed her lips with the pad of his thumb, “I don’t remember you being so hard to get into bed the first time around.”

Evangeline laughed, the idea she should probably be offended in the back of her mind. “Don’t you mean sink? Wall? Floor?”

John shrugged, a smile teasing his lips. “Same thing.” Memories of their night together in Mary Barnes’s basement was having its usual affect on him.

“I’m not fighting you John…I never really could,” she whisper softly before she initiated a passionate kiss between them. “Let’s find somewhere a little more private and with less snow.” She said brushing the snow from his clothing and hair.

“Okay,” stealing one more kiss from her before he tugged his jacket closed around her. He brushed snow off her. She looked enchanting; like an angel God sent to encourage him that his life couldn’t remain dismal and despondent forever.

“Let’s go.” John laced their hands together and pulled her behind him. John led her through the back way to where he wanted to go instead of going through the building. Anticipation singed through him leaving him feeling light headed.

Evangeline squeezed his hands and he stopped turned and he flashed her heart stopping smile. She in return gave him a radiant smile and they continued to walk. With her other hand Evangeline clutched at the jacket so the wind wouldn’t chill her breast.

“What are we doing here?” she asked once they had stopped. They were in the parking lot in front of his car. “Are we going some where?”

John grinned but didn’t say anything as he released her hand and used his key to open the door. Evangeline waited and thought John was opening the car door for her but instead he sat down.

“wha-ahh” she yelled as he yanked her inside the car and she nearly hit her forehead. She would have hit her forehead if she had bended. She hit him lightly on the shoulder, “a little warning next time ok?”

John closed the door when she was inside the car, straddling his thighs. To get more comfortable, John reached his hand down to the side and reclined the chair backwards to as far as it could go.

“I’ve been in (pun intended) hell without you,” he cupped her cheeks in his hand and kissed her sweetly. The kiss that had started out to be innocent enough quickly took a turn towards more lustful intentions.

Her hands roam all over his body, feeling the hard planes of his chest through his shirt. She took her time going over the broad expanse of his shoulders and she moved lower until her hand cupped his erection and squeezed.

John groaned, his lips leaving hers as his head fell back against the head rest. No one has ever excited him the way Evangeline could and she could do it just by breathing or standing still. “Nice dress. It will be even nicer when its off of you.”

“mmm,” she murmured her agreement and she shrugged out of his jacket. Her breasts once again bare for his viewing pleasure. She finished unbuttoning his chemise and was met by his gray wifebeater.

She chuckled. Whenever she saw a wifebeater she thought of John and in her mind no one could wear them the way John could. She leaned away and aided John in taking off the top half of his clothes.

She slid her hands over the strong wall of his chest, finding hard muscles. She retraced the map course in her mind she made long ago. He sucked in a sharp breath when her fingers trailed over his sensitive nipples. She flicked her tongue along his nipples, every shift of his body underneath her rocketing to her core and pulling out her feminine essence.

John hissed, liking the feel of her lips and hands on him. He brought her head up, capturing her lips in a possessive kiss. “You’ll always be the one for me…don’t let anyone tell you differently,” he rasped against her lips. He sucked her bottom lip into his mouth and she undulated over him.

They broke apart gasping for air and he cupped her breasts. She curved against him and shut her eyes tight as his lips tugged at one pebble like point. Her knees trembled and she shifted to put less pressure on her bended legs.

Sensation after sensation rolled through her body, a tide rising up inside her. John bunched her dress around her waist, to gain access to her to die for legs. His hand gliding along her thighs, and he trailed kissed around her collarbone.

She whimpered and with fumbling fingers she removed his belt. “John,” she gasped as his finger stroked her by moving her underwear to the side. She moved against his hand, intensifying the pleasure.

John buried his face in her throat as he concentrated on bringing her pleasure. He inserted a finger into her and the way she clung to him and called out his name made it worthwhile. “Let go for me,” he commanded in her ear.

He slid two more fingers deep inside her, and she thrust against them. A low,
deep moan escaped her throat as she moved against his fingers. He leaned forward and took a nipple in his mouth as his fingers slipped out-and moved up to her passion swollen nub.

John had a sole purpose in mind when he began to rub and caress it, his fingers sliding over the nub as his tongue slid over her nipple. John could tell Evangeline was close from the way her breathing was harsh and erratic.

Her cries of pleasure got louder by volume as warmth and pleasure washed through her. The first waves hit her and stole her breath, the second left her in a state of paralysis.

John held her tightly as her body grew tense and he watched her face, thinking how beautiful she looked. He stroked her hair, the strands going through his spread out fingers.

He kissed her cheek and neck as her body trembled with the aftershocks. He removed his hand from the juncture between her thighs and gripped her hips. “Good?” he asked arrogantly although no answer was needed. If John knew nothing else he knew his way around her body.

Evangeline nodded dimly, “almost forgot how it felt to have one.” She unbuttoned and unzipped his pants while their eyes stayed locked on to each others. she lifted up a bit so John would be able to arch his hips upward and yank down his pants along with his boxer.

Evangeline giggled as they tried to finger a way to take off her under without her having to get up. “I think it’s hopeless,” their forehead touched and she closed her eyes. “Just like me trying to get over you.”

“I don’t want you over me,” John said adamantly.

Evangeline chuckled, a tear sliding down her cheek. “You wouldn’t,”

Using his thumb, John brushed the tear away from her face. “I have an idea,” John said as he leaned forward with her in his arms and opened the glove compartment. Rummaging around until his hand connected with his switchblade knife.

“You trust me?”

“You don’t even have to ask,” she told him automatically. Already having a good idea what his plan is.

“This will probably feel cool,” he told her as he brought the sharp edge of the knife to her skin. Color bounced off the knife from the street lamp(that’s how they can see!) that shone in the car. John severed her bikini cut panty on both side of her hip until it gave way.

He pulled the ruined panty away form her body and threw it behind him. John groaned, knowing that the place where he wanted to be the most was only inches away. Dropping the knife, uncaring to where it may lay, he kissed her lips once more. A kiss to reawaken her desires and have her hunger for more. So much more.

He slid one hand up her back, over her bare skin, to cup the back of her head as he deepened the kiss. She sighed once their tongues touch, burning desire coursing madly through her loins. Her hands wandered at the hard planes of his back, his skin warm and smooth.

Her name sounded like a prayer off his lips as he kissed her provocatively. Boldly his hands cup her breasts, his thumbs teasing the nipple. She arched against him, pleas for him to join them echoing into the night.

Evangeline moaned, her hands gripping at his shoulder. She was acutely aware of the throbbing hardness that lay intimately close to the apex of her thighs. She kissed down the inside of his neck, nibbling when the need arose in her. Releasing one shoulder, she snaked her hand down between them, capturing his aching erection.

John was barely able to mask the growl that threatened to escape once her soft hands grasped him. He palmed the roundness of her buttocks, kneading the soft yet firm flesh. He kissed his way down her chin and up to one of her ears, tugging gently on the earlobe with his teeth. He sucked the fleshy part into his mouth.

“Goodness,” she hissed. She rocked her hips against him, wanting the increasing need in her to be met. She raked her hand through his hair, missing the long locks. “Everything’s different,” a bit saddened.

“Not everything,” John responded. He leaned forward crushing her mouth to his. The moan of surprise and need allowed him entry to her mouth. Her taste was addictive….she was addictive. How he managed to live (if you could call it that) this long without her was a mystery to John.

“Now John,” she uttered, her other hand no longer stroking his thick shaft to delve into the softness of his hair.

John used the hold he had on her derrière, to bring her to where he needed her. And with no further ado, he brought her hips soundly down unto his. Evangeline cried out the feel of him entering her once more taking her breath away. She arched instinctively into him thereby bringing him even deeper into her.

“Damn,” John snarled, the feel of her rich, velvety warmth encasing him felt like coming home. She was so taut…snug”he forgot it could be this tight. His eyes closed from how good she felt and he gripped her hips hard.

Evangeline moved her hips against him and quickly inhaled a breath. All she could hear was the harsh sound of John’s breathing and the muffled curse words and she swore she never heard anything so grand in all her life.

She lifted herself till only the tip remained and plunge down hard unto him. She moaned as they picked up a rhythm that was fast and hard. Tears misted in her eyes as she thought it felt as if they did this very thing yesterday(or rather this morning; knowing their track record) instead of the years it actually was.

Their lips met of their own accord, and parted for each other. They kissed each other sweetly, lovely. A kiss to end all kisses and reaffirm their fondness for each other. Their bodies never stopped moving in perfect accord with each other, each instinctively knowing what the other would do.

“It’s not fair,” she whispered once their lips had parted. Her arms had encircled his neck and unchecked tears fell prettily down her flawless cheeks. No ugly sobs or shrieks of desolation passed her lips for that kind of behavior was beneath her.

John didn’t need to ask her what she was talking about for he knew. He gulped and kissed the corner of her lips. “In a perfect world,” he whispered hoarsely, “I would tell you that I love you,”

A sob/moan died on its way to escaping her throat and she shuddered against him. John couldn’t tell if it was from pleasure or the nostalgia of their situation. Each upward thrust of his hips had his erection sliding along her clitoris sending spasm through her body.

She gripped his hair almost painfully as she writhed above him, her hips no longer moving so John took it upon himself. She was suspended in a place between pleasure and reality and as much as she wanted the moment to end at the same time she wanted it to last forever.

“In a perfect world,” she gasped, her eyes shut. “I would reply, I love you too.” The words she spoke so reverently released a dam of tears she hadn’t been aware she hadn’t already cried.

John wiped at her tears and knew she cried the tears he couldn’t/shouldn’t cry. She cried for them and the possibility that could have been but wouldn’t be. He brought this on himself, he regretted not going after her and making her change her mind. That mistake cost him all he ever wanted and he would take it with him to his grave.

John opened his eyes, wanting to see her like this. Free and uninhibited. Fisting his hand in her hair, he kissed her once more. The kiss was hard and seductive, pulling her in even more. They pulled apart both groaning as intense pleasure beckoned them.

He caught her lips again, this time coaxing them open with his tongue as it glided over the seam of her bottom lip. Her mouth opened beneath his with a moan and he angled his head across hers, fitting their lips perfectly together as he deepened the kiss.

Her fingers intertwined in his hair, holding her to him. Her whole body thrummed with restless energy as she sucked in fast breaths, trying to refill her lungs and calm her racing heart. Her hips went downward in a demanding motion to meet his upward thrust.

His gripped her hips so hard that Evangeline wouldn’t be surprised if a bruise rose there tomorrow. She arched her back and flung her head back once his lips covered her nipple. John sucked and nipped at it gently eliciting groans of pleasurable torment from her.

Evangeline fought down teas of frustration as the knot in her stomach grew even tighter with each dominant thrust. As much as Evangeline wanted to let go, to lose herself in the abyss, she clung to these moment. Treasured it as the precious gift it was.

John flexed his hands, knowing that he held her hips in too rigid of grip. He bared his teeth in his neck, holding back. He drew in a ragged breath as he controlled the surge of his desire, but with some (to put it mildly) difficulty.

She felt like she was going to explode into a million pieces from the pleasure of it all. Didn’t think she would be able to take anymore but she did…she always did. Her cries were silent, no longer able to use her vocal cord as each pre orgasmic wave stole her breath and voice.

She clenched him inside her snugly, her inner muscles squeezing him. It took everything in John not to come and he release the death grip he had on her hip. He slipped his hand between here thighs, his fingers sure. He teased the sensitive nub until coils of heat inside her wound tighter and tighter. She screamed his name, her whole body clenching and arching as shudders of pleasure raced through her body.

She didn’t notice when John flipped them so that she was now beneath him, their bodies still intimately connected. Evangeline realized their position when he slowly moved within her, tingles going down her spine.

“You didn’t-“ she stammered, stretching her legs moaning softly as his hand slipped touch her clitoris

John nipped at her ear, his tongue laving the shell. “No…but I will.” He slipped out only to drive into her cocoon of wetness harder and deeper.

She gasped for she was still experiencing the aftershock of her previous orgasm and his thrust took it to another level. She raised one leg and looped it around his back. Her action brought him even deeper into her causing John to grip her hips once more.

John thrust in and out of her almost savagely, wanting his relief. One hand clung to her leg that was around his waist while the other threaded itself in her hair. He felt her other leg go up and down his, rising the fine hair on his leg. He groaned, pressure mounting inside of him viciously.

Everything faded away but her, she was all he needed. His five senses were tuned into her and he greedily sheathed himself inside her, over and over. Her fingernails made crescent moons on his back and he couldn’t care less at the sting her nails evoked by his sweat going into the shallow cuts.

He finally came with a guttural cry when her insides clamped down hard on him and he gave himself over fully to her. Heart, body, mind and soul. Evangeline had to move her hips a couple more time to once again have an orgasm that vibrated throughout her entire body.

Once they had come back to earth, John slipped out of her and shifted. Her head was now on his chest, her hand doing lazy patterns on his stomach. She shivered at the touch of his hand on her thighs. She sighed and burrowed closer.

“Probably should have used a condom,” he told her yet not sorry that he hadn’t. He stroked her silky hair with his other hand; her hair was wet to the touch from perspiration.

Evangeline chuckled, liking the quietness. “You never had in the past…why start now?”

John sighed, immensely at peace with himself and everything. “At this moment, the world’s perfect.”

She murmured her agreement and kissed the side of his face. “I never thought I would miss the facial hair,”

John chuckled, “it does take some getting used to.” John stretched lightly, his muscle aching from the tight space. They were quite as they held each other, neither looking forward to the end.

Evangeline was the one who made the first move, knowing that they couldn’t stay in here forever. She sat up to correct her appearance. She pulled her dress up and down, unembarrassed to be getting dress in front of John. After all she has done it a thousand before. “My panty is ruined,” she told him, amused.

“Sorry,” John said with a grin the belied his comment. He kissed her shoulder, his tongue moving in circles on her unblemished skin. “Don’t get dress,” he told her his hand already trying to tug the dress from her hands.

Evangeline stifled the moan and shooed his hand away. “we have been gone long enough John,” when he would have said something she put a hand over his mouth, “I don’t know if I can refuse you a second time so please get dress.”

John grumbled but did as she asked. Evangeline moved to the driver’s seat so John would have enough room to redress. While John was pulling up his pants and fixing himself, she touched up her makup.

Once done and they were as presentable as they could be despite the wrinkled fashion of John’s clothes, he took her hand, lacing their hands together. “For the record,” he cleared his throat, “you made me happy.”

Her eyes were shining wet with renewed tears and she bite her bottom lip. That’s all she ever really wanted for John and told him so countless times. To be happy and for him to say that she made him happy…. She smiled at him, his majestic blue eyes touching a cord in her. “I truly do love you John McBain.”

John brought her hand to his lips, leaving a chaste kiss on its surface. “You’re in my heart, always” his lips lingered before he squeezed and leaned forward to kiss her lips.

Evangeline didn’t let the kiss stay longer then a few seconds before she pulled back. They stayed in the car a few minutes more before they both got out and stood before each other, wordless.

Evangeline smiled lovingly at John and then hugged him. Her arms tight around his neck, her throat constricted with useless words. John hugged her back just as furiously, giving as well as he got.

He watched her as she walked away, leaving him alone once more. She stopped and turned around, “Merry Christmas John.”

“Merry Christmas,” he replied back and as she walked away again she didn’t turn back around. He wanted to call her back but the words never left him. He stood there in the parking lot, thinking, long after she left him to shackle herself to her own personal hell or rather boxing ring.

“John! What are you doing out here?”

John looked up and saw Natalie. He shrugged and buried his hand in his pockets. She moved to stand beside him and John made a move to walk away before he decided against it. Accepting his fate.

“I’m waiting,” he told her. He didn’t mind the cold for it reminded him that he was human and that he could feel.

“Waiting? For what?” she shivered from the cold, and she rubbed her hands up and down her arm to keep warm. From the corner of her eyes she noticed his disheveled clothes that looked like he slept in them but said nothing. She was just glad for him to talk to her.

“A perfect world,” he said before walking back inside the building, once again leaving her behind.