Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 1
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 10] Printer Chapter or Story

ePub eBook Chapter or Story


This Has been viewed 1221 times



Click here to darken the background



Love never goes away:

“Samantha?” she called out to her 6 year old daughter as she came downstairs. Samantha had hazel brown eyes with hidden blues flicks that sparkled when the suns light shone upon them. Her hazel eyes glowed perfectly with her almond colored skin tone and dirty brown lager ringlet curly hair. Her facial features mirrored those of her father and had his no fear attitude along with the worst temper in the world. Silently Van thanked God every night for his loving involvement in helping to created such a wonderful gift in her life, but that girl may have looked like her father but Lord knows she had her take charge independent attitude.

"Yes mom?” she said with her mouth open full with food.

"How many times I have told you chew your food before you speak."

"OK mom” she smiled chewing quickly. “So mom are you going to pick me up from school today?"

“No, I am sorry sweetie not today, but Aunt Becky is going to pick you up right after school let’s out.” Evangeline gave her a daughter a weak smile knowing that she needed to find a way to work in some mother daughter time with her baby girl. “Mommy has to work really late tonight, so Auntie Becky she's going take you to soccer this afternoon as well. Okay sweetheart.”

"OOO ok mommy."
"Now get a move on it missy, because we are running late this morning." She looked at her daughter's bright smiling face and thanked GOD that she made into this world safely.

"Mommy, I'm ready" Her daughter called out to her.

"OK, sweetie then let’s get this show on the road." She smiled as she kissed her daughter upon the top of her head.

Evangeline marveled at how smart her 6 year old baby girl skipped kindergarten and went striaght to the first grade. Yet she still managed some how to be popular even at her young age. As she sat in heavy traffic she began think about how she almost lost her due to the fact that she wasn’t taking care of herself properly. That near miscarriage scared her half to death with fear. Every since that day on she vowed to make sure that she took special care of her self during her pregnancy. Evangeline had to work twice as hard to secure a proper future herself and her daughter, because she knew that single motherhood and motherhood its self was no joking matter.

The doctor told her that due to her High blood pressure and Anemia with very serious low levels of iron in her body along with her crazy craving to eat dirt that he had no choice but to classify her as high risk pregnancy. He reminder her at every appoint that she need to keep her blood pressure down and find tons of stress relievers or stop working on so many cases. But that was not an option for her and daughters future she needed those cases in order to make a name for herself and to establish a trusting relationship with her high powered clients so that they would not leave her firm once she delivered her baby.

The doctor had to put her on a very strict iron enriched diet along with a tons of pills to help her from craving and chewing on things that contain iron in them. She did as the doctor order out of fear of losing her child. She loved that little girl more then her own life, and she was determined to always let her know every day of her life as well.


A little about Evangeline Williamson:
Evangeline Williamson Esq. Attorney at Law, had Samantha when she was in her freshmen year Law School. Evangeline was determined not to let her being a single mother stop her from achieving a better life for her and her daughter. Living with her mother who babysat for her so that she wouldn’t have to spend time working two jobs, and going to school at the same time helped her gain a top internship and such awards & honors as:
American Bankruptcy Institute Award
The American Bankruptcy Institute awards a medal and certificate of excellence to the most outstanding student in debtor-creditor law.

American Bar Association Section of Urban, State, and Local Government Award
The American Bar Association awards certificates to the students in local government and land use regulation who achieve the highest grade in each course.

Order of Barristers
The Order of Barristers is a national honor society recognizing excellence in trial and appellate advocacy. A faculty committee selects third-year students who have made outstanding contributions to advocacy.

Order of the Coif
The Order of the Coif is a national honorary society for law schools, law faculty, and law students. Wake Forest law school was awarded a chapter of the Order of the Coif in 1998. The chapter's membership from both the student body and the faculty are primarily selected on the basis of academic achievement and scholarship.

Debbie Parker Moot Court Service Award
The Debbie Parker award is an honor granted to either a member of the Moot Court Board or a participant in the Walker Moot Court Competition who exemplifies throughout the competition a spirit of dedication and service to Wake Forest University School of Law, as well as compassion and cooperation with his or her fellow students.

Phi Alpha Delta Scholastic Excellence Award
Each year at graduation, Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity recognizes the member of Phi Alpha Delta who graduates with the highest cumulative average.

Evangeline Williamson graduated top of her law class at Stanford as a student whose cumulative weighted grade point average was a 98%, she graduated with the honor of Magna Cum Laude. Landing a job as one the youngest 25 year old AA woman, at one of the worlds most prestigious Law firms in NEW YORK. She work hard to prove to every one especially her mother that she could be a wonderful mother and top notch lawyer. Three years later Evangeline’s now 28 has worked her ass off to prove to the world that she is a Brilliant Law Force to be reckon with and now owns her own Law Firm called: “Williamson & Gannon”, in Llanview PA. Nora Gannon was her mentor during her internship and when the opportunity sprung up for them to become partners, Nora jumped at the chance.
Her semi-small firm then was published in the American Lawyer magazine as an A-list Firm. When she won her first major case against a state owned and operated Children’s Abused Ward Facility her career sky rocketed even higher. During that case they found that funding was being Fraudulently spent, Launder, and none of the children were being properly cared for medically or physically. Her firm become a number one contender with most of the biggest/famous law firms in this country. That year she received countless awards and honors for her humanitarian work, including the 2004 American Bar Association (ABA) Medal and the 2006 Congressional Distinguished Service Award. She thus receiving 12 honorary degrees and several awards through out the years for her outstanding legal mind. Not bad for a SAAM: A Single African American Mother.
Evangeline fought hard for the little people; those who couldn’t afford anything, and the rich that were doing the right thing and being punished for it. It was never about the money or fame for her it was about justice and believing that she could make a difference. She strived to teach her daughter to be good a person and help those that couldn’t help them selves. Although the money that she did make didn't hurt because it helped her proved for her daughter and family.



EPOV: Sorry I couldn’t think of what to call this part.
Van finally made it to her office parking garage on the 7th level of B&E Towers. Her brief case was strap around her shoulders, long with her purse and in one hand held onto a cup of piping hot coffee and in the other a photo to add to her collection in her office. As she waited for the elevator to reach her the 15th floor, she lovingly as she gazed at the new photo of her daughter. Evangeline loved her office because it made her feel like she was at home. It had ton of photos of her family on the wall encased book shelf. She especially loved the picture of her and Samantha. At Disney World this past summer. On her cherry oak marble top desk she placed a small frame that held mini photos of her different stages of pregnancy with Samantha and ones with her as a baby. Her daughter was her God sent gift. Her modern day office made you feel welcome and at ease.

Evangeline’s secretary/intern Jasmine was a key essential piece to running and her owning very successful law firm. Jasmine was a beautiful 5'6'' woman from Nigeria, Africa. Jasmine had been working for Evangeline since she was 19 with short black hair was always worn in curls excepted in the summer time were she would but her hair into a pony tail. She hoped and worked hard in Law school so that one day she would become a part of W&G Law firm. She greatly admired the both women because they had big brass balls and kicked ass taking names later while seducing men to fall at to their knees in Awe. Jasmine spoke 3 different language: African, English, and Spanish. Van viewed her as smart as a whip for only being a 23, year old freshmen Law Student. Van and Nora were truly impressed with her knowledge of the US law when they first interviewed her and now they were helping her to achieve her Visa. Usually they wouldn't have hired someone so young but she had a glowing recommendation from the US Ambassador of Nigeria with an impeccable resume her skills and knowledge just blow them way during her 2nd interview. Jasmine quickly became their adopted little sister and with the three combined, they were an unstoppable force.

Jasmine thought of Evangeline as a big sister since she didn’t have any living relatives to date. Only a godfather who cared for her with political ties. Although Jasmine was sweet young women, you would find out just how un-sweet she could be if you messed with Van or got on her bad side then you better watch out and tread lightly. Having faith in Jasmine abilities Evangeline & Nora had her working and helping her with just about all there major cases. She took Jasmine under her wing like her mentor Nora did for her. When things got ruff, over stressful, and she felt like she was on the verge of an overload, Jasmine always there to remind her about her about her precious little girl she had at home waiting on her and the reasons why she fought so had against the injustices of the world for those who couldn’t fight for themselves whenever a case got to consuming for her.



IN her office:
"Good morning Ms. Williamson. How are you?" Jasmine asked as she walked behind Evangeline holding the case files that she was going to need for the day.

"The Lord has blessed me and Samantha to see another beautiful day, so I'm doing good this morning Jasmine and how about you.”

“I’m doing great myself Ms. Williamson.”

“Did Dr. Phil fax all the info we need about case?" Placing her brief down with her coffee and new photo she turned on the computer and quickly scanned over schedule and notes. Then flipped opened her day planner to make sure that everything was in accordance with the rest of her day.

"Yes ma’am, he did and also he said to let you know that he won’t able to testify on this case or in the court. But he did say that was going to send one of his best Heart Doctors to Llandview to take his place."
"GREAT! So now I have to pre a new guy?” she retorted sarcastically. “Ahhh.”
“Jasmine, please tell me he told you why he couldn't come himself?”

"Yes ma’am he did. He said that his wife had not being feeling well do to her chemo therapy treatment. Can’t and will not leave her bedside, but Dr. Phil said he that he informed this Doctor all about the case. Dr. Phil said that this doctor is a specialist in this field too and is just as knowledgeable and experienced as he is.” She said handing Evangeline the files that she had been holding.

“Oh and Dr. Phil also told me to tell you, Ms. Williamson don’t have to worry that pretty little head of yours about him ruining your case, just prep him or do whatever it is that you were going to do with me.” Jasmine said trying to mock the snotty doctors tone. Making Evangeline chuckle.

"Fine, okay I guess I just have to go on faith that this doctor is just as creditable and as knowledgeable as him. Make sure that you send a card and some floors wishing his wife well for me.” With her head bowed going over this case files on her desk she spoke to Jasmine. “Well then we need to get this show on the road. Call back Dr. Phil and tell him that I need this Doctor here two days earlier then scheduled so we can prep him to win this case and send a someone to meet the good Doctor at the airport when he arrives."

"Yes Ma’am. Ma’am I also have your invitation to the Hospitals Cancer Fundraising Benefit."

"Thank you Jasmine.” she said her secretary as she engrossed her self in her work. A few hours later there was a knock on her door giving her a big surprise. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?”


---------------------------------------------------------------------------