Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 1
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

ePub eBook Chapter or Story


This Has been viewed 1714 times



Click here to darken the background



The telephone was ringing off the wall in Evangeline’s apartment. She was in the shower and called to Hugh to take a message. She and Hugh had been jogging and she just had to take shower. He was waiting in the kitchen area, holding a bottle of water listening to the ringing of the phone.
EW: “Hey, answer my phone. Take a message!”
HH: “Sure”
When Hugh answered the phone with the usual greeting there was a long silent pause on the other end. He repeated “Hello”. A voice said..”Is this 787-9022?”
HH: “Yes!”
JM: “I want to speak to Evangeline Williamson>
HH: “She is indispose ‘May I take message?”
JM: “This is John McBain, who are you?
HH: “Hi Lt. McBain, this H..Hughes, I’ll tell Evangeline to call you.”
As the phone was replaced on the receiver, Hugh smiled. He could read the dismay in McBain’s voice. This was indeed going to be fun. Plus Evangeline was gorgeous, sexy and worth the challenge.

She surfaced from her bedroom casually dressed in jeans and a red shirt. Hugh commented on her choice of cologne and said….”Well, you’re all clean and I’m not!”
EW: “Oh, go use the shower. There are clean towels on the counter.”
HH: “Great, but listen I have a change of clothing in my car…so hold that offer”
Hugh left the apartment in a jogging motion. He had a complete set of clean clothes in an overnight piece of luggage, that had been in the trunk for few weeks. He returned to announce that the caller was Lt. McBain. As he moved to the bathroom he glanced back to see the expression on Evangeline’s face, but it was stoic. Hugh took the fastest shower in his entire life. He dressed and came out talking about where they could grab a bit of food.
Evangeline had poured a glass of wine, taken a seat on the sofa with a pleasant smile on her face. They sat together for about an hour, in a kinda’ get acquainted mode. Then they decided to dine at the new club on Hywy. 95. Hugh offered to drive.

Evangeline needed to misplace her mind boggling thoughts about Cristen Vega. She felt guilty for participating in obtaining a DNA sample from Mrs. Vega. She was in a ‘justice at all cost' frame of mind on that date. Plus, she was helping John. Layla had worked hard to alert Evangeline to take action. But, it had taken almost an act of God to get Cristen’s release in her custody. She wondered "now what?'. The date for the hearing, pending an investigation had yet to be set. That Vega movement event had occurred earlier in the day. The DA Nora was on temporary leave, so she had to confer with her assistant. Hugh Hughes listened and read her disposition. When she was ready to leave he ask her if she felt like ’taking a run’. Evangeline said…”Are you suggesting we jog?
HH: “Yes, you’ ll feel better. I’m sure this has not be easy for you.”
Evangeline thought for a minute…..After all Cristen was home with his mother; Layla is working so why not.”
EW: “Sure, follow me home to my apartment.”
HH: “Great, let’s go.”

John hung up the phone and experienced a ‘gut’ feeling of being ‘pissed’. Hughes answering Evangeline’s phone. At that point, Natalie entered his office stating that whe was ready to go meet with Cristen. He appeared to be distracted, but Natalie decided not to comment. John has been moving through his days with little regard for the feelings of other people. Not in a deliberate way, just avoidance, that body language that said ‘stay away’. The summer was in full session and Natalie wa within arms reach. She never challenged him in the past and he was certain that she would fulfill his emptiness. If he had an attitude, it would be fine. If he wanted to be kind and thoughtful, she would just smile and say..”Oh, John”. . All of that was cool. He could just work, shoot the breeze with his brother, drink beer, play pool and fuck whenever he felt like it. No heavy drama.

John had heard the term ‘womanizer’ a few times from his past female encounters, so when Layla Williamson made the statement at Capricorn the other night, it was not a revelation. He was far from the profile, so he never took much stock in the assessment. He knew she meant that he would move on to another woman before the “C” word was put on the table. But Layla was Evangeline’s sister so he knew the family had influenced her opinion before she hit Llanview. So whatever….he had a new direction and he had much to do.

A few days earlier in the week, he had scheduled a meeting with Cristen Vega. It was part of his new direction. In spite of his promise never to tell Natalie that Cristen was alive, the unexpected had occurred. He was romantically involved in Natalie and she needed to sever that legal tie. He greeted Cristen and opened the conversation immediately. John informed him that he had told Natalie everything because they had become romantically involved. Cristen stood quietly and made eye contact with John as he explained the events that led to the affair. Cristen listened and ask if he could meet with Natalie. After all, their last meeting had been on different grounds. He did want her to move on with her life, but this new information was hard to swallow. John said he would set up a date and he was certain she would consent. .

John escorted Natalie to meet with Cristen. As they registered at the visitor’s desk they were informed that Cristen Vega had requested a congenital visit.. Natalie gave consent but John was uncomfortable. This turn of events made the wait in the visitor’s quarters rather long. After more than two hours, John summoned the guard to check on Mrs. Vega. The guard returned in a state of shock. Natalie Vega had been strangled to death. The Warden had been summoned.

Warren Sutton, extended his hand of greeting to Lt. McBain and invited him to his office.
It seems that Cristen Vega was released in the custody of Atty. Evangeline Williamson earlier in the day. The paper work had not reached the cell block and the guard took his roommate into the special quarters. The prisoner thought he was meeting his wife. When Mrs. Vega entered the room, the prisoner attempted to explain the situation but she fought him and began to scream. He inadvertantly sophicated the young lady in an attempt to stop her from screaming. This had been a most unfortunate incident, and an unexpected event. But Natalie Vega was dead.

The Buchanan’s held a quiet funeral for Natalie Vega. News reporters wanted as much coverage as possible. The Llanview community offered their condole scents and demonstrated support for the family. Everyone involved was devastated. The status of Cristen Vega had been a secret held by McBain for almost a year. The illegal DNA test was under question. The newspapers presented a villainous situation as withholding information for personal reasons. Of course the personal reasons included the romantic intent of John McBain with Cristen’s wife, Natalie Vega.

The local press would not let up in their assessment of the event. ‘Policeman takes his girlfriend to visit her husband in jail. A frightened prisoner accidentally kills the girlfriend. The husband had been released earlier and was not on the premises.” John was being blamed for putting Natalie is such a dangerous situation. Now the demon of the present had punctured is heart.