Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 2
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 3] Printer Chapter or Story

ePub eBook Chapter or Story


This Has been viewed 1442 times



Click here to darken the background



John’s POV)

It’s been a whole week since Evangeline and I fought and a whole week since I’ve seen her. I know that she’s purposely avoiding me, because we live next door to each other and we normally eat at least one meal a day with each other. Normally when we argue, we go to our separate corners, cool down and apologize to each other. Either Evangeline just doesn’t want to apologize to me (she’s good for it) of she’s still mad and doesn’t want me to apologize to her.

All I know is, it’s been hell. Not that I’m going to let anyone know that.

“John quit being so stubborn. If you really wanted to talk to her, you know where she lives and works.”

I flash Michael an annoyed look. “Thank you Dr. Feel Good.”

“Hey man. All I’m saying is that you obviously miss her and you’ve been a grouch without her. So apologize already.”

“I’m not apologizing first Michael. What she said was far worse than anything I’ve ever done to her.”

“Including the time you hit her?”

“Michael, I was 7. It was years ago. Twenty three to be exact. As I recall, that was the only time that Dad ever raised a hand to either of us. Told me he tear my butt off if he ever saw me raise my hand to a woman again. I think I’ve paid my debt to society. I doubt Evangeline even remembers that.”

“Are you kiddin bro? She remembers everything, She can still tell me what she wore her first ever day of school. She’s forgiven you, but she hasn’t forgotten. I’ve got work to do, you’ve got work to do. Let’s cut to the point. You have feelings for her. And the sooner you admit it to yourself, the better.”

“I do have feelings for Evangeline. Friendly ones.”

Yeah. Very friendly feelings as of late, as in I want to be more than just friends. I just didn’t think that I was so transparent.

“You’re trying to tell me that you feel the same way about Nora or Antonio?”

I stare at him for a few seconds before saying, “Michael, I have a lot of work to do, so if you would excuse me...”

“I got it. I just want you to think about something.”

“What?”

Why, oh why God, couldn’t I have been an only child?

“Maybe Evangeline said what she did because she was jealous. Because maybe she thinks that you are still in love with Caitlyn. And maybe you won’t admit that you have feelings for Evangeline because you think that would be betraying Caitlyn, but she would want you to be happy. Think about it.”

Before I can react, Michael walks out the door.

(Evangeline’s POV)

“Please Evangeline. Admit it. You’re miserable without John.”

I give Nora an exasperated look and sigh. “Nora, John and I have been best friends for 23 years and this is the longest we’ve ever gone without speaking to each other. He probably hates me right now for what I said.”

“Now you’re just being melodramatic. John could never hate you, he loves you to much.”

“Loving me is different from being in love with me. I want you to remember that Nora.”

“Well, he’ll come around, you two have been friends for over two decades as you said.”

“Mora the man lives right next door to me. How is it that I haven’t seen him in 7 days. He’s avoiding me.”

“Okay, so maybe he is mad at you still. But you shouldn’t have said what you did, and you know it. So maybe you should apologize instead of moping around. And while you’re at it, could you tell him that you have feelings for him?”

I glance at Nora as we enter my office building. Nora would fit right in with my family, blurting out the most embarrassing of things at the top of her lungs in public. Even Matthew knows better than that.

“Do we have to go over this again? Wasn’t torturing me twice for the day enough for you?”

We walk past my assistant’s desk, barely noticing the mysterious grin that she gives me. But when I open my office door, both Nora and I are struck into complete silence. A hard feat for us.

There are about half a dozen large flower arrangements in the room, all of them my favourite flowers. White and pink roses, calla lillies, and orchids. Onmy desk sits a huge honey-coloured teddy bear holding a card, an assortment of Godiva truffles and a single tiger lily. I pick up the card and read it outloud,

“Evangeline
Here are some beautiful gems for a rare, once in a millennium friend. Know that no matter how many stupid things you may say or do, you are never far from my mind or out of my heart. -John. PS. I’m sorry for not talking to you for a week and I promise to never ever do it again.”

Nora finally recovers, which is more than I can say for myself, and says, “Well you know how you were saying that John only had friendly feelings for you? You might want to take your foot out of your mouth.”

I flash Nora a look and move towards a flower arrangement, fingering the petals of an orchid.

“I can’t believe that John did this.”

“Well you’re important to him and I think that’s what he’s trying to let you know.”

“That doesn’t mean the he has feelings for me.”

“Now I’m going to go, so you can call John and giggle like a hormonal teenager about your friendly feelings for each other.”

I roll my eyes. “Bye Nora.”

A few minutes later, I pick up my cell phone to call John, but my office phone rings.

“Evangeline Williamson.”

“Hey, it’s me.”

“Hi John, what’s up?” I try my hardest to sound nonchalant, but I don’t think it’s working.

“Nothing much. Did you get he flowers I sent you?”

“Yup.”

“Um.Okay.”

We’re both silent for a few seconds before I finally snap out of it and say jokingly, “I guess since you took the first step and sent me flowers, I shouldn’t make you beg for forgiveness?”

“That wouldn’t be very nice.”

“I love the flowers and the teddy bear and the card and the chocolates. And I am sorry for saying what I did. Not only was it wrong, but it was stupid.” Sorta like the huge grin on my face right now.”

“And I’m sorry I attacked you out of nowhere. I don’t know what got into me.”

I laugh. “What, are we going to out apologize each other?”

“I guess not. So what are you going to name your teddy bear?”

“Well all of my stuffed animals are named after my favourite people. And I don’t have a John yet, so, I guess I’ll name him after you.”

“I’m touched.”

I grin. “I thought you would be.”

“So are we okay now, Evangeline?”

“We’re definitely okay now. I just have one request.”

“I have a feeling that I’m going to regret this, but go ahead.”

“Please, please, please do the dink tank with me tomorrow at the LPD Carnival? Pretty please with a cheeseburger on top?”

“A cheeseburger? Make it a cheeseburger, fries, a funnel cake, cotton candy and a pretzel and we’re on.”

“It’s a wonder that you don’t look like the Good Year Blimp.”

“You should talk. You can out eat me any time.”

“So, pick me up at ten?”

“Sure. Just please don’t wear your “I’m with stupid” T-shirt. Last time, you had it pointing to no one and you looked pretty silly.”

“Okay, ten is fine. I’ll see you then.”

“Later.”

I hang up the phone and bring a rose to my nose, inhaling its heady fragrance.