Click here to visit the official POI website 'CBS:POI'.
Click here to register and post POI fics 'Register'.
Click here to read the latest POI fics 'Recently Added'.
Menu
 Home
 Register
 Most Recent
 Categories
 Authors
 Titles
 Challenges
 Help
 Rules
 Search
 Top Tens
 Login
 
 
 Contact


 

RSS



Archive Stats
We have stories and authors in this archive.

There are Members.

Currently online:
7 Guests and .

Newest member:


TagBoard


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

It had been his intention to come in extra early to try once again to crack the security code on the ‘Machine’, but judging by his last attempt and the way Finch had left him alone with the Machine, even after catching him in the act, told Reese that his attempts would most likely be futile. Still Reese wanted to try especially since the new mystery man had turned up into Finch’s life. Reese entered the loft to find that Finch was already there but pulling on his coat as if to leave.

“Leaving already?” Reese spoke out and the way Finch jumped slightly told him that he had startled the man before him.

“Good Morning Mr. Reese. I wasn’t expecting you in so soon, is there something the matter?” Finch deflected but Reese instantly caught on.

“I was just about to ask you the same thing.” Reese replied as he moved closer which prompted Finch to hurriedly close out the computer screen, but not before Reese caught a glimpse of a young boy’s face, a face that Reese recognized but couldn’t place. “We have a new number?” Reese said more as a statement than a question.

“Yes we do, but I will handle this one personally, with the help of Mr. Fusco.” Finch announced as he moved to the door, his limp became more evident in his hurry. Reese stared after him as his mind tried to process the young boy’s face and where exactly he knew him from.

“Finch, I thought I was the one you hired to help you, as for Det. Fusco, well he’s my little helper.”

“Sorry Mr. Reese I didn’t realize you held exclusive rights to Det. Fusco, if it is going to ruffle your feathers then I suppose I can try to take care of things without his help.” Finch replied and then continued to the exit.

“I guess my question is why you feel the need to take care of this yourself. I know it’s not a personal matter otherwise you would have said so outright and you wouldn’t have involved Det. Fusco in the matter at all. Unless…” Reese’s words made Finch stop in his trek and turn to face the Reese. “It is a personal matter but not personal to you. You think this is something that I would take personally. Oh now I’m really intrigued because there isn’t anything in my life that’s ‘that’ important to me, not really, and the only people I know…” Reese words stalled as realization dawn and he finally had a name for the face on the screen. “The new number is Taylor Carter, Joss’ son?”

“Yes, it is Det. Carter’s son.” Finch answered.

“And you weren’t going to tell me?” A surge of rage suddenly filled Reese eyes.

“As you just said Mr. Reese, there isn’t anything in your life that important. Also I figured you might have had your fill of Det. Carter for a while, with having saved her a few weeks ago and then being betrayed by her to Agent Snow…”

“I’ve asked you to let that go, she and I have sorted that out. I don’t blame her and I really don’t get why it bothers you so much, I’m the one with the two bullet wounds.” Reese stated and Finch averted his eyes to the floor. “So what was your plan exactly, you planned to tail Taylor or have Fusco do it?”

“Yes and I had also planned to tell Det. Carter, I’ve already set up a morning meeting with her which you are making me late for.”

“I’ll go,” Reese declared as he moved back to the exit passing Finch on his way. “And Finch,” Reese paused and turned his gaze back to the man standing just at his back. “I don’t need you looking out for my best interest. I’ve been doing just fine taking care of myself. Don’t ever keep something like this from me again, if you do I will walk.”

“Understood Mr. Reese.” Finch concurred with a nod and then Reese disappeared through the door.



Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.


This site and its content are for entertainment purposes only, and not meant to offend anyone or infringe upon anyone's right. All the stories here are the original works of their authors, who are fully responsible for whatever they post here. Online since 1/23/12

PARENTS! Restrict access to this site. Click a links below to find out how.
Cyber Patrol | Surf Watch | Net Nanny | RSAC Rated