An hour later, Logan quickly stuffed his children’s loaded backpacks and various toys into the trunk of ‘Ro’s Jeep Renegade, before ushering the little ones into the back of the vehicle, carefully buckling them into their respective booster seats. Firmly closing the door after buckling in his son, he walked over to stand by the passenger side door, patiently awaiting his wife’s emergence from their home.

A few minutes later, Ororo emerged, carrying a tote stuffed to the brim with Goddess knows what. Logan’s mouth fell open at the vision seemingly floating towards him with a radiant smile fixed on her gorgeous face. Wearing a flowing navy blue print maxi dress, with casual thong sandals, she sauntered up to him, reaching out to close his mouth. “You are in danger of catching flies, my love,” she said smilingly, gently pressing her lips to his.

“All yer fault,” he rumbled. “Ya’re too damn sexy fer yer own good.”

She winked at him. “Only for you.” She said sweetly, then, “Are we all set?”

“Yep,” he replied, opening the passenger door for her to get into the vehicle. Once she was in, he closed the door shut then looped around to the driver’s side and buckled up.

As she settled herself into a comfortable position and fastened her safety belt, Logan watched her with bright eyes laced with adoration. She gave him a loving smile in return as the seat belt buckle clicked loudly. Ororo turned around to look at her children, who were suspiciously quiet, only to realize that their full attention was dedicated to their iPads. Smirking and gentle shaking her head, she turned to Logan, “Let us get going, my love.”

Winking at her, he wrapped an arm around the headrest of her seat and looked out the back window, as he shifted the vehicle into reverse. Shifting the gear stick into drive, the vehicle pulled out of the driveway, up Goddess Drive then onto Graymalkin Lane.

Less than ten minutes later, they arrived at the entrance gate of the mansion. Logan keyed in the security code that was specifically his, as additional security measures demanded he inserted his palm into the scanner to read his fingerprints and assure security that it was indeed him and not an outsider bent on causing trouble. The gate automatically opened and he drove the vehicle the rest of the way in.

Parking in the spot designated his in the extensive parking lot Xavier had created two years ago, he turned to his mate and grinned. He had barely parked the car when the kids forgot all about their gadgets and let out ear piercing squeals, excited to be at the mansion. Logan winced at the noise. Ororo gave him an apologetic smile and patted his jean-clad thigh in comfort before unbuckling her safety belt and stepping out of the jeep and gathering up her tote. She opened the back door and smiled at her children before moving to free Rose, as Logan unfastened David.

Once freed, the children didn’t even wait for their parents before bolting towards the mansion’s entrance, their iPads in tow. Ororo simply shook her head while calling out for them to be careful. She turned to her husband who had walked over to stand next to her. “Imagine in a few months, we are going to have another one to keep us on our toes.”

Logan turned to her, snaking his arms around her waist and pulling her flush against him. Her arms found their way to knot around his neck before he lowered his head to nuzzle her neck. “The more the merrier, darlin’.

“Easy for you to say, tough guy.” She sighed as his mouth closed over hers, his tongue seeking out and stroking every spot in her mouth.

As usual, it didn’t take long for Ororo to feel the oh so familiar heat pooling in her center. Logan’s smirk against her lips lets her know that he’s aware of her bodily responses. He grounded his hips against hers in response, causing her to release a moan. His rumbling growl lets her know that his need for her was quickly taking over. He pulled her even closer, molding her body to his frame and maneuvered them so that her back was plastered up against the back door of the vehicle.

He was about to hike her dress up, when a loud voice called out, “Get a room, you two.” Good ole One-Eye and Red.

“Goddess! I forgot where we were,” Ororo muttered against Logan’s lips.

Logan smirked and turned to the direction of the duo. “Green ain’t a good color on ya, Slim.”

Jean giggled as she and her husband walked hand in hand, coming from the direction of the boathouse that was their home. Jean immediately went over to Ororo and kissed her on the cheek, before repeating the action on Logan.

“Good morning, Jean, Scott. How are you two this morning?” Ororo asked, her voice still laden with a sliver of desire. She looked around for her niece and nephew but they were nowhere to be seen. “Where are Nathan and Rachel?”

Jean’s face quickly turned as red as her hair. “Uh…they had a sleepover last night at the mansion.” Scott and I wanted some mommy and daddy time. We’re thinking about another one, she added telepathically.

Ororo grinned. Good, I am going to need some pregnant company for this one, she shot back.

“Good morning, ‘Roro,” Scott replied, interrupting the ladies’ telepathic conversation. He leaned over to press a kiss to his sister’s cheek as his wife had done moments ago. Logan growled softly, but there wasn’t any bite behind it.

Scott rolled his eyes and moved to help Logan who had opened the jeep’s back to remove the packed items. “How was the mission?” He murmured.

“A damn waste of time and resources,” Logan grunted, slamming the trunk’s door closed.

“Bummer,” Scott muttered. “But, I’m glad you’re back.”

Three sets of eyes leveled the long time X-Men first in command. Scott had the grace to blush at the unwanted attention.

“Are you alright, dear brother?” Ororo inquired, attempting to suppress the laughter that wanted to burst free.

“Damn, Scooter, I didn’t know ya cared. This the part where we kiss?”

“In your dreams, Wolverine. I rather have my lips press to a certain sexy redhead.”

Logan grinned. “Yeah, ya ain’t my type either. That stunning wind rider over there is where my lips love ta be planted on.”

Ororo and Jean watched their men bicker playfully. Both were happy that these two had long ago buried the hatchet and were civil towards each other. They both rather bear witness to the good-natured rivalry that had now replaced the unnecessary and undeniable animosity that had existed between the two for as long as anyone could remember. Ororo and Jean smiled at their respective spouses, linked their arms together and began walking towards the mansion.

“Where are the kids?” Jean asked.

“They are inside, more than likely conning their grandfather into buying them something.”

Jean giggled. “It’s so easy for them to do it. I believe Nathan is getting a new scooter and Rachel is getting a new iPad.”

“I think he enjoys indulging his grandchildren.”

Jean nods in agreement. “I wonder if he’ll buy Rachel those diamond studs I saw in the Bloomingdale’s catalogue.”

Ororo laughed. “You are terrible Jean.”

While the ladies carried on with their tête-à-tête, Logan and Scott walked behind them, having their own crack at dialogue.

“I need your input on some changes I have been thinking about making to the team.” Scott’s ruby quartz covered eyes glance at his feral teammate, gauging his reaction to his news.

“Yeah? What kind of changes?”

“I want to add a third team…a special operations team in addition to the Alpha and Omega teams.”

Logan stopped and looked at Scott, his brows furrowing. “What’cha mean?”

“The world’s changing Logan and with those changes, come more dangerous and intelligent enemies. I want us to be prepared for any eventuality. I think the addition of this team will serve us well…headed by you of course.”

Logan’s eyes widened, not expecting to hear that last bit. He didn’t know that the Boy Scout held him in such high regard so that he would want to let him head a part of the X-Men. “What kind of special operation forces ya got in mind, Scooter?”

“Psyops, counter-terrorism, unconventional warfare,” Scott answered without hesitation.

Logan grunted in agreement. “It’s goin’ ta be hard convincin’ Chuck.”

“I know,” Scott sighed. “That’s why I need your help with this. You’re more than the logical choice to head that team. You have the most experience in special operations and combat and I’m sure you more than anyone else can convince Xavier of the importance of having such a team.

“I see where ya’re comin’ from, Slim and frankly, I think it’s a damn good idea.” Logan was still a bit shocked and to be honest, honored that Scott seemed to have faith in him and his abilities and had chosen him to head this special ops team they hope Xavier would agree too. “Thanks fer the vote of confidence.”

“Regardless of our history Logan, I’ve always respected your capabilities,” Scott replied.

Logan grunted, satisfied. “Tell me when ya want ta go ta Charlie with this.”

“Will do. Thanks, Logan.”

The two men cut their conversation off as they walked up the steps to the mansion’s entrance, where their wives waited.

Jean held out her hand to Scott as he approached her. “Come on, Scott. Let’s go check on our little monsters.” She then turned to Ororo, her eyebrows shooting up. “I’ll see you later?”

“Yes Dr. Grey-Summers,” Ororo sighed. “I shall see you and Dr. McCoy in about an hour.”

Jean grinned, happy that her surrogate sister was expecting another after trying for so long. Scott handed the bags he was helping to carry over to Logan before taking his wife’s offered hand.

When Jean and Scott were out of earshot, Ororo turned to her love. “You and Scott were in deep conversation…” she began.

Logan laughed, stepping inside and closing the door. “I’ll tell ya ‘bout it, later.” He leaned down to press a gentle kiss to her cheek. “Right now, I’m goin’ ta look fer the rugrats, give them their bags and then I need ta see Chuck.”

She nodded. “Alright, love. I am going to visit with Rogue and Betsy. I shall see you for my appointment.”

He placed the bags on the floor, before sweeping her into his arms. “Wouldn’t miss it fer the world, ‘Ro,” he muttered, softly planting kisses on the side of her neck and enjoying the sweetness roiling off of her.

She heard herself half-whimper, half-sigh. “You know if you keep this up, we shall get nothing done today.”

“I don’t have any problems with that,” he mumbled just before catching her lips with his, as more wonderful kissing followed. Finally, Logan raised his head and placed his hands on her shoulders. “Let me go before we give everyone a free show.”

Ororo giggled, swaying in his arms. Her eyes had darkened to an even deeper shade of blue, as she found herself caught up in the desire he so easily stirred inside her. “Do you promise to pick up where we left off later?”

He groaned and then grinned when he remembered that she was at her most sexual while pregnant. “Deal, darlin’.”

He backed away from her, bending to retrieve the bags. He leaned over to drop a quick peck on her lips, but their softness beckoned him and before he knew it, he is fusing her mouth with his, sipping and sucking. Somehow, he found the willpower to withdraw from her tempting mouth. “We’re definitely goin’ ta continue this later,” he voiced gruffly, winking at her.

Ororo gave him a hungry look in return before turning to walk away. Wolverine quickly smacked her behind before she can escape, grinning wolfishly at her when she turned around with mock indignation. She simply shook her head, turned and sashayed down the hall. His eyes were glued to the erotic sway of her generous hips as she moved further away from him. Definitely goin’ ta finish what we started later, he mused silently, as he took a deep whiff to gather the scents of his pups to follow their whirlwind trails.





You must login () to review.