Triplets!

Ororo was still disbelieving of the news Hank had given her and Logan earlier in the day. When the good natured furry doctor had relayed to them that she was pregnant with triplets, she had nearly fell out of the hospital bed. She was that shocked…numbed at the news. She had then demanded to know if this was Hank’s idea of a joke and when she was assured that it was not, she had commanded that Hank and even Jean reexamine her three additional times. Yet, still she remained unconvinced.

She had only chose to believe that she was in fact pregnant with triplets when Logan had substantiated the news. She trusted Logan and his heightened senses, as they had never failed them. So, when he claimed that his enhance hearing enabled him to pick up three distinct heartbeats inside of her, she knew she had no choice but to accept the fact that she was going to have three babies…all at once!

She had then succumbed to tears as nature wept happy tears with her in response to its mistress’ joy. Logan had stood there with his chest puffed out and continuously grinning like a Cheshire cat and his inner beast had howled in merriment and arrogance at the news, as they listened to Hank’s medical spiel for how this was even possible. According to the good doctor, feral men were extremely potent reproductively and there was a high probability that an alpha’s mate would be able to carry multiple pups in any one pregnancy. Hank had even referred to the fact that she had already given birth to twins and even his own wife Tessa delivering two sets of twins already. Logan had then cornered Hank, demanding of the doctor his absolute certainty that Ororo was indeed pregnant with triplets, after having reminded Hank of his screw up, or what Logan deemed a screw up, in predicting one child during Ororo’s first pregnancy.

They had left the medlab with Logan threatening many forms of death to Hank should he screw up again and with both Hank’s and Jean’s assurances that they were indeed going to be welcoming three additional ones to their family. Ororo was also given strict instructions to reduce the usage of her powers and to immediately contact them if she felt the slightest pain or anything out of the ordinary course of pregnancy should happen. Ororo had simply laughed at her husband’s antics, knowing that he was just as excited and eager as her and had given Jean and Hank her word that she would be careful and seek medical attention immediately should the need arise.

Even now, as she emerged from her cherished greenhouse where she had been busy securing the Brymer’s thunia and the Persian shield Logan had brought back from Myanmar for her, to stand on the deck and watch Logan play with Rose and David in their backyard, she was still wary, having pinched herself at least fifty times already to make sure that this was real. When she had discovered that she was pregnant again, she was beyond content, albeit scared, knowing that her most fervent wish had been granted after years of believing that more children was not in the cards for them. When her pregnancy was confirmed, she was happy and quite satisfied knowing that one more addition to their family was imminent. But now, after learning that three additions were imminent, Ororo couldn’t help but thank the Goddess for raining blessings on them.

Ororo looked down at her still flat tummy. It wouldn’t be flat for much longer, she thought smilingly. She ran a loving hand over it, marveling once again at how much her life had come full circle after suffering much tragedy. She smiled remembering her first pregnancy. She and Logan were told to expect one at first, but were they surprised when her darling Rosie had made her unexpected appearance. She laughed heartily thinking that maybe this time around, there could possibly be another surprise waiting to make his or her arrival. Who would have thought that she and her polar opposite, the Wolverine, would have settled down together, marry and have kids? She smiled at the mere thought.

As she gazed at her son and daughter squealing and running from their playfully growling father, her chest filled with so much love that she swore it would burst right then and there. Then she turned her gaze to her husband and she felt that constant flame burning brighter and stronger as it had been from the beginning. Logan chose that exact moment to stop playing with the kids and glance at her, noticing the look of utter concentration on her face. "Ya ok, babe?" He called out.

She was so caught up in her happy thoughts that she didn’t hear her husband nor noticed him and the kids were making their way to her, until they were standing directly in front of her.

“Ya ok, darlin’?” Logan asked again, his brows creased.

“I am fine, my love,” she answered brightly. She leaned down and pressed a kiss to her children’s foreheads. “You two run along and clean up. Dinner should be ready in five minutes.”

She watched the two bundles of energy ran into the house to carry out her request, before turning back to Logan. Before she could get a word out, he swooped down and fused her lips with his, needing to taste her sweetness and needing the sustenance only she can give. Ororo reached around and wrapped her arms around his waist, pulling him closer, rubbing her middle against his.

He emitted a low growl at her friskiness. Damn, he loved when she was pregnant. She was one incredibly sexually charged pregnant woman and if he wasn’t careful, the Wolverine was bound to make an appearance. He took several deep calming breaths to get back his equilibrium. He then placed his broad hands protectively over her stomach and gazed at her in awe. He too was still feeling the remnants of shock at the thought that she was carrying three more pups.

At times like these, he still couldn’t believe how he, the once commitment phobic loner, had simply let go and succumb to the depth of love he held for the weather witch. He still couldn’t believe that she had reciprocated his feelings and had irrevocably changed his life for the better. Giving into what he felt for her was the best thing he could have ever done, because here he was, with a wonderful life and loving family and more on the way. Not to say that their life together was perfect. A perfect life was far from it. They fought and bickered like all married couples over mundane and important things. Hell! He even remembered a few times he had ended up in the doghouse. But their squabbles never lasted long, as they always remembered what and who kept them together.

“I still can’t believe it, ‘Ro,” he rasped.

She grinned. “Me neither. I am so happy.”

He pulled her tighter against him, his mouth moving wildly over hers now and his hands were roaming all over her. Ororo still had enough of her wits about her to know that now was the time for her to break the embrace, else risk him taking her right then and there on the deck.

“Ok mountain man,” she murmured breathlessly. “We can finish this up later.”

He grumbled something incoherently as his lips traveled to the delicate flesh of her neck. “I want you. I did promise ya this mornin’ that we’ll pick up where we left off.”

Ororo grinned, remembering their heated embraces in the mansion’s entryway earlier in the day. “You can have me later, but we have to get dinner ready.”

He sighed heavily before withdrawing from her. “Alright. Come on let’s go feed the rugrats.” He extended his hand to her. “There’s somethin’ else I wanna talk ta ya about later.”

Her hand closed around his and he led her into the kitchen. “Your conversation with Scott,” she said matter-of-factly.

He pulled her inside the kitchen before closing the door. As whenever he entered their home, he did his customary release of his senses to get a handle on what’s going on inside. Hearing his kids’ antics upstairs and inhaling their scents put him at ease…if only for a few minutes.

Turning to her, he said, “How’d ya guess?”

“You two were involved in a rather intense conversation earlier. Of course you would tell your loving wife about it.” She calmly washed her hands with a miniature raincloud of her creation over the sink, glancing at him. Waving her hands gently, she dispersed the cloud before drying her hands and then grabbing a couple of potholders to remove the lasagna from the oven and placing it on the island counter.

Logan, taking that as his queue to help, moved to begin setting the table. His conversation with Scott and his decision to take up the fearless leader on his offer to head the special ops team of the X-Men was the other thing that had weighed on him throughout the day. He had no doubts that this was a good direction for the team to head into, a path that he thought was long overdue.

His doubts lied in convincing Charles and of course Ororo. Charles, he believe will be the easier of the two to convince and eventually he’ll see reason and the benefits of expanding the team in such a way and will more than likely agree to the plan. But Ororo…damn! It was going to take a miracle, a prayer and all the hope and faith in the world to convince her. Especially coming right on the heels of him walking away from doing the same thing with the Avengers.

She wasn’t going to like it one bit…that much he knew. His reasons for quitting the Avengers all amounted to one thing…his family. But now, here he was about to go back to the same lifestyle, no less than twenty four hours before resigning. Even if it was going to be with the X-Men, he knew she would more than likely not sign off on it. Add to that mix that she had made it clear that she needed him with her to enjoy this pregnancy and he had told her he needed to be around to watch Rosie and Dave grow up…yep, he could only imagine the furor with which she was going to respond. She was going to be royally pissed and he just hope that she didn’t voice her displeasure with electrocution.

He could always use the argument that this was for the X-Men, his main team…the extension of his family and for the safeguarding of their children’s and the other X-children’s future. But he knew that argument had as much luck as flying as pigs did.

Logan nervously rubbed the back of his neck, all the while gazing at her.

Ororo was taking cartons of orange juice and lemonade out of the refrigerator when she felt his uneasiness. She bumped the refrigerator door closed with her hip and place the items on the table and gave him her undivided attention. Her blue gaze narrowed and her brows slowly inched together in a scowl. She knew him well enough to know his nervous gestures. Something was definitely going on. “James?”

Shit! Official name…he knew that he better start talking. “Ya see…uh…”

“See what? What are you not telling me?”

“Well, ya see, Scooter and I were talkin’,” he began, monitoring her reactions. “We were talkin’ ‘bout creatin’ a new…” Logan breathed a huge sigh of relief when his kids pranced into the kitchen, demanding their parents’ attention.

Wordlessly he thanked his kids for buying him some time in relaying the news to her. He rushed out of the kitchen under the guise of cleaning up, leaving Ororo to finish up with preparing the table with their dinner. When he reentered the room, the kids were already seated and he went to help her into her chair before taking his seat at the head of the table.

Ororo thanked him with a curt nod and gave him a look that clearly said that they will be continuing their conversation later.





You must login () to review.