Summary (Chapter 1): Remembering the past events....and a nasty surprise.

He came one day with a young girl in tow. He was rough….he was crude….and he was full of anger. There was something else. Something that few people saw. The girl saw it…..and slowly so did others.

In spite of all his efforts, they found the chink in his armor. He acted as if he didn’t care…but the truth was that he cared too much. What else would you say for a man who laid his life out for a stranger….not once but twice?

People called him an animal….and in some ways he was. He lived in the wild….in the cold Canadian wilderness. He was tempestuous and he was ferocious…..but on the other hand, he was brave and he was loyal. Qualities common in the animal world but not so much among humans, neither among Homo sapiens nor Homo superiors. What else would explain his actions?

He ran…he always did.

But he always came back. Back to the only home he ever *remembered* having.

He came back for two…..one the young girl with the white stripes in her hair. She was the first one who he ever trusted in the last fifteen years. They shared a bond. She had him in her head and in a way so did he. Their bond was forged not the day he saved her from death, but the first time they laid their eyes on each other. Her family had turned her away and he never *remembered* having any. Together they were….family.

The second….was the redhead. She drew him to her…like a moth to a flame. She was another’s…but when he flirted, she flirted back. They did this dance until she made her choice, which he honored. Oh….He still flirted with her, but mostly out of habit. They settled in a rhythm. He flirted with her only when her husband was around – who although knew it was a game, still got angry….still got jealous. And that insecurity oh his amused the animal….it amused the man.

Then….there was another. She was always there….for him…for everyone. She was the first woman from the mansion to see him…even though he was unconscious at the time. She was the first women to talk eye to eye with him….treat him as an equal and *command* the same respect from him.

They were similar in many ways, even though it wasn’t visible on the surface. She was regal, educated and had a calm demeanor….he was crude, gruff and had an explosive temperament. She danced in the skies….he ran on the earth.

Their external differences hid their similarities. Both of them were connected to nature and reveled in the wild. Both were driven by their emotions and strived to control them….they needed to control them. Her outbursts could unleash the fury of the Storm….while him…when he went feral – there was no stopping the Wolverine.

In the start, they were teammates and nothing more. Over time….they became friends and then best friends. He could talk to her as he couldn’t to another and she…..she found an outlet for her emotions through him. Even in battle they were together….their camaraderie and implicit trust drove them further….each going beyond their limits, confident in the knowledge that if the need arose the *other* would be there to save them.

Even when they each fell in love *with others*…their friendship grew deeper. When he lost his betrothed….having have to kill her with his own hands….run his claws through her to end her pain – she was there.
When her love lost confidence in them and left her for another….he was there.

They fell in love again…but still held on to each other. They were each other’s safety line.

Throughout all the upheavals, their friendship remained a constant….only growing deeper with time.

It was their rock.

----

Then…

The war reached their doorstep. It came from the air just as it did from the ground. Huge robots….*Sentinels* they were called. They were specifically created to end mutant-kind.

All of them fought valiantly….to save themselves, but more importantly to save their children….their future.

----

Present,

His body was aching….it HURT like Hell.

Groaning loudly, his eyes fluttered open and he took in his wounds. They were still there and they weren’t healing…HE WASN’T HEALING.

“What the fuck?” Wolverine grinded out, his throat choked from a tight pressure around it.

Reaching for his neck, he found that there was something around it….something, which he did not remember, but instinctively knew what it was for. He had had it before.

“No…” he moaned at his predicament, he body too broken to lift itself from the ground.

Suddenly a smell from the past hit him….a smell he would know anywhere. The smell belonged to a man. A man who was….his…

“Welcome back son….” the cold unfeeling voice mocked him.

“Welcome back Weapon X.”

Please Review!!





You must login () to review.