If I can walk an empty mile
Then I won't feel afraid

No, I won't feel afraid
I won't be Be afraid

Anymore

Afraid -
David Bowie




No nightmares.

It was a nice way to wake up. Logan turned over in his bed and his arm smoothed over the empty spot. He turned on his back and looked up to the ceiling and then looked to his right. Ororo stood there staring out of the window in her birthday suit, humming softly to herself.

"Sound real nice in the morning," he commented, his voice scratchy from sleep. What time was it? It had to be past ten. This wasn't normal for him. She gave a nice little 'hmm' and continued to look out of the window. The rain had carried over into the morning and she seemed to find it very soothing.

He couldn't complain about the rain either.

They made love three more times until they were both too tired to go on. He sat up in the bed and she turned around to face him. His eyes instantly darted to the cute little patch of snow white pubic hair over her mound and he felt himself ready to have another go.

"I know that look," she said in her sleek, sultry voice. "That look gets us into trouble." She turned back around to stare out of the windows. There would be no sun today, not while it continued to rain outside.

"I gotta' practice. I have a fight coming up soon." His eyes diverted to her perfectly round behind. He never understood the attraction to firm and flat. Give him something he could rest his head on like a pillow any day. Most men didn't know what they were missing. Though, he was quite sure that plenty of men would have given their left nut to be in his place.

Ororo sighed and pressed her head against the window. A man walked by and she watched him shake his umbrella then lift it over his head. That caught her attention and she leaned forward. A little girl came running out after him and he scooped her up. She smiled to herself. She would have been a great mother. She was sure of it.

Logan interrupted her thoughts when he moved swiftly across the room and stood behind her, making it very apparent the effect she was having on him.

"How'd you get such a perfect ass?" His hands moved over her behind and he gave it a firm squeeze.

"I don't know, you'll have to ask my mother and father that question."

Logan didn't want to think about a mother and father. He wasn't quite ready to kill the mood.

"So, you heading out again?"

Ororo sighed.

He didn't press the matter. Enjoy this woman while he had her. Every moment she was inside his apartment, she belonged to him and he took full advantage of it.

Positioning himself behind her, he bent her over farther so that her breasts pressed against the window. He wished someone was watching them. He'd have a fucking field day. Ororo didn't protest so he continued his morning feast.

Logan licked his fingers and brought them down between her legs. Perfect. She was already wet. He slipped his fingers over her mound and cupped her, wriggling his fingers around. Her back arched and she gasped at how cold the window was against her nipples.

Someone... would see them, she argued mentally. However, she had no intentions of asking Logan to stop.

He pulled his hands away and spread her legs widely apart.

Without any warning, he had shoved himself roughly inside of her. She cried out and pressed her palms to the window. Logan took her hips in his strong calloused hands and began to pound instantly into her. His head was bowed and eyes focused on the way her ass moved each time he entered her from behind. He felt himself getting weak in the knees at the sight of her. He gritted his teeth and slid his hand over her backside and up to the small of her back.

Ororo moved her body against him like she was doing a forbidden dance. Her hips reared back and rolled forward, moving in figure eights and circles.

"Goddammit, Ro', yer killin' me," he couldn't help himself as he had to pull back and regain his focus.

She gave a throaty laugh and Logan growled, moving back into her once more. His hips did not ease their way against her backside as his rhythms became rougher and harder.

Ororo gripped the edge of the windowsill and opened her eyes to look down at their unexpected audience. It was exhilarating knowing that any one of those people could look up and catch them in the act. He practically lifted her until the tips of her toes were touching the floor and she gave a throaty cry that startled the both of them.

Logan wrapped his arm around her small waist and pulled her back to him, bringing his hips forward with such a force that Ororo feared she would break the window.

Their bodies slammed against one another until Ororo's body shook violently with climax and Logan quickly followed suit.

Her body fell back and he held on to her, sweat gleaming on their bodies.

"Now that is the way to wake up," he panted, sliding slowly out of her.

***



Logan sat on his bike that was propped to the side. His hand rested idly on his blue jean clad legs and he tapped his boot impatiently. Watching Ororo was enough to make any man's blood stir. She stood at the booth, getting their lunch, slightly leaned over and her cute little butt sticking out. Logan's eyes never left her backside. Well, until he noticed the teenage boy fucking up their orders. He couldn't even carry the soda to 'Ro without tripping over his own two feet.

She looked over her shoulder at him and shrugged, giving him an apologetic smile. He attempted to be annoyed but he failed miserably when she gave him that smile.

After their romping breakfast, 'Ro said she needed to get back to her motel room and get a change of clothes. Logan had offered to drop her off before he went to practice at the gym. She had flat out refused until he weighed her down and she gave in.

What the hell was she trying to hide from him?

The boy gawked at Ororo's striking platinum hair and she seemed to not even notice the effect she had over him. Even the manager had done a double take and gotten his eyeful. Logan's knuckles itched.

Finding out where she resided was great for Logan. That meant he could pop up any time he felt like when she wasn't at his place. How odd was that? He was already trying to figure out ways to make this even more official.

He could've lied and said that the sex between them was amazing, and oh, the sex was beyond amazing, but with Ororo, things were very different. She made him feel safe. He had been completely vulnerable the night before and she wasn't condescending at all. She took him in her arms and she ... it was something he didn't have the opportunity to know when he was a child.

Now he couldn't get enough of it.

"Ready?" She carried two brown paper bags, grease already forming in the bottom of the bags. It didn't help that she was a sucker for a good cheeseburger either.

Hopping on the bike behind him, Ororo put on her helmet and they were off with the wind.

She wondered if he remembered the night before. It was a scary experience for her. She had never felt so many emotions before. This man, he had a power to make her feel vulnerable. She felt as if she truly did need him. Did he know that? Did he know how she felt?

He followed instructions wonderfully, finding the motel in less than an hour.

"Now, I have to warn you," she pulled off her helmet and shook her hair down her back. When she turned to look at Logan he was sitting on his bike, fresh out of magazine, lighting him a cigar and staring at her.

"What?" She asked innocently, picking up their lunch and turning towards the stairs.

"Yer fuckin' beautiful, that's what."

Ororo hid her face from him and smirked as she walked up the stairs.

"Anyway," she carried on, "I have to warn you. It's a bit messy. I don't intend on making this my home so I'm sort of living out of my suitcase."

Logan was barely paying attention to her speech about being a slob. It wasn't as if there were a piece of him all over his apartment. Clothes here, ashtrays there. It was really nothing.

Ororo pulled the key out of her jeans pocket and unlocked the door.

Before she even had the time to get inside, Logan was kissing the back of her neck. She laughed and turned around to wrap her arms around his neck. He slammed the door and lifted her up so that her legs would wrap around his waist.

"I don't care about you being no slob." He bared his teeth at her and she purred back.

One simple purr and that had done it for him. He smacked her bottom playfully and when he saw that she seemed to enjoy that, he did it again.

"Logan!" She cried out in mocked indignation and he threw her on the bed.

"Yer mine now," he said menacingly and crawled towards her.

Ororo blinked and her chest began to rise and fall rapidly. Images of Victor crawling towards her with his hands automatically reaching like they were going for her throat. She felt herself panicking and when Logan climbed over her, she shoved him back with her foot and crawled back until she fell off the bed. That hurt her pride more than her backside and she shook her head.

"No." She held her hands up at him to protect her face.

Completely confused, Logan just pulled back to his feet and stared at her. What the fuck was happening here?

"You all right, darlin'? Looks like you having one of those... flashbacks or something." He could just imagine what he saw in the films. He could see the woman with her lover and thinking of the time she was raped and going schitzo.

He tilted his head to the side and walked towards her.

"No! Please!" Ororo shook her hands. "Just - let me -" she could barely stand and when she did, her knees went weak. She felt like crying but she didn't want him to see her cry. There was enough baggage between the both of them. Falling again, Ororo cried out angrily and tried to stand once more.

Victor was here. In New York. She could feel it. It was beyond the point of sickening. She clutched her stomach and felt herself go dizzy.

"Woah now!" Logan saw it coming before anything else. He ran over to catch her and lifted her up, supporting the back of her legs with his arm and cradling her to the bed. She had passed out. He laid her down on the bed and for the first time looked around the room. "Don't look junky at all. Looks more like you tryin' to run from something."

He sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"Or someone."

...


The smell of a greasy cheeseburger made Ororo sick to her stomach. She felt her food in her throat but pushed it back down. Sitting up slightly, she looked around the room and spotted Logan sitting in a wooden chair that looked all sorts of uncomfortable at what was supposed to be the "dining table". It really was just a piece of metal holding up a large glass plate. Their lunch barely had breathing room on that thing.

Logan had finished his food, she noted and he was looking out of the window, deep in thought.

"I thought you needed to practice for your fight."

He didn't reply.

She stared at the side of his head for a moment and waited for his reply. She opened her mouth to ask him once more but he cut her before she had the time to ask with his very abrupt question -

"Did you kill someone?"

What? What? What?

Ororo frowned and shook her head. He couldn't see her shake her head and so she replied with a quiet but horrified, "No!"

Logan slowly turned to look at her. "I'm an expert on runnin' away, you know." He looked over her motel room once more. There was a brown paper bag that she was practically eating out of. Her suitcase wasn't unpacked and whatever clothes she had already worn were folded neatly next to the suitcase. There was no toothbrush on the counter, the motel soap was still in its box.

"You're running. That's for damn sure." Logan pulled out the cigar he didn't get to finish when she was at the restaurant. He lit it and sucked on it slowly, savoring the scent. It was thinking time. Thinking time required cigars.

Ororo didn't say anything. She pulled the covers up to her chest, though it had to be one hundred degrees in this room.

"I won't judge you," he moved his arms in front of him in a motion that seemed like he was wiping his hands clean.

"I thought you had to practice for your next match," her tone was just a bit icy.

Logan laughed and blew a puff of smoke towards Ororo. "I can take a hint, darlin'."

"So glad that you can," she looked towards the counter and caught her reflection in the mirror. Her hair was a mess and the shadows underneath her eyes scared her. She smoothed out her hair and turned back to Logan. Her tone warmed a bit and she sighed. "I just don't - I'm not -"

By now, he was getting up to leave and Ororo didn't push the matter for him to stay nor did he press the idea of her telling him what man she was running from.

In time, Logan knew that she would tell him. He'd be damned if she was getting away from him.

"Just want to you know that I ran, too, 'Ro. And I ain't runnin' no more."

Ororo watched him make his quick exit.

She looked down at her covered feet and picked at the sheet absently. It was easy for him to say. Whatever he was running from was nowhere near her problem. It wasn't big, scary, and blond.





You must login () to review.