Login

Whatever Lies Will Help You Rest by Annja

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Table of Contents

ePub eBook



- Text Size +


Alice: Hi again people! This time, all three of us are working on this! Together.

Kai: So far, there’s only been one fight.

Lily: [sarcastically] Gee, I wonder who started that.

Alice: Oh, yeah. Kai and Lily fight a lot. Creative differences.

Lily: I am proud to say I came up with the concept.

Kai: An innocent on death row, how creative.

Alice: The story is about Nina Christine Phillips, a girl who was convicted of multiple murders at only 16 and it turns out she’s innocent and now, they have only a short time to save her life. Included are a dirty cop, a flamboyant gay male friend, and bad boys.

Lily: Blame too much crime shows.

Kai: I came up with the last two charries.

Alice: Shut up, I have to type.

xxx

Whatever Lies Will Help You Rest: An ALK production

xxx

18 year old Mia Ethan stared up the person in the black hood standing over her, a machete in his hand. The very tip of the blade was at her throat. This was her killer.

“You don’t want to kill me,” Mia said, arrogant to the end. “You love me.” The hooded figure chuckled and rammed the machete into her neck, spraying blood onto the wall. The young woman let out one last gurgle before she died. The hooded figure ran from the house and into the warm night, machete still in hand. Unknown to him, a passing police cruiser spotted him and began to chase him. At the sound of the sirens, the killer ran into the woods by the local trailer park.

Detective Lloyd Grover, the lead investigator on the Teen Queen case, was in that car and headed for the woods and his killer. The trees were thick but they soon thinned and he soon saw the lights of the trailer park. Grover headed for the light and almost tripped over the discarded black robe. He reached the light, following a trail of blood.

Grover saw 15 year old Nina Phillips standing behind her trailer, out of breath. She was also holding the machete and her white wifebeater was smeared with blood.

“PUT THE MACHETE DOWN!” Grover yelled, aiming his gun at Nina. For a moment the girl froze, but then she ran, ducking between her family’s trailer and the neighbors. The detective heard the sound of a truck starting and he reached the main road of the trailer park in time to see Nina drive off in Skeet Peter’s pickup truck, as Skeet stood on his porch yelling “The little bitch stole my damn truck!” over and over. Grover radioed the other cops and commandeered a second truck to chase Nina.

xxx

10 Months Later….

The state of Alabama versus Nina Christine Phillips, the charges being four counts of homicide, one count of grand theft auto and one count of assaulting a police officer. It had been less than a year since Nina had been arrested. Her 16th birthday had come and gone last month. The trail was over and today, the jury had their verdict, the life of an adolescent girl in their hands.

Armed guards led Nina into the courtroom. Two huge men for one little girl. She wore black slacks and a white blouse. She was painfully thin and pale, which generally happens after months in a cell with one window. Her face was thin, her cheekbones jutting out. Her eyes shone with anger and still conveyed, even after all these months, ‘Don’t Tread On Me’. They had not broken her yet.

“Focus Nina,” her lawyer hissed as they stood to hear the verdict.

“We the jury find Nina Christine Phillips guilty of all charges,” the foreman said. Nina’s mother nodded and went to smoke. The parents of the victims whooped with joy that their daughter’s killer was going to be put away. Nina sat down, actually relieved that it was over. She no longer had to worry about her future.

The rest of her life in jail.

That warranted a ‘Whatever’.

At least it was safer than home.

xxx

Present Day, Birmingham Alabama

A new crime scene, so much like the others. Lloyd Grover, now older and wiser stood by the body. A young woman in a blue dress lay on the floor, her neck wide open. 17 year old Renee Downs lay on the floor, her eyes staring at the ceiling.

“It’s a copycat,” Grover said. A CSI tapped him on the shoulder. On the wall, painted in blood, were the words, ‘I’m Back’.

“I have a call to make,” Grover said and went to make it.

Quantico, Virginia

“Does anyone remember the Teen Queen in Birmingham, Alabama?” JJ asked.

“Four teenage beauty queens had their throats cut about seven years ago,” Rossi said.

“You wrote a book about the case,” Reid commented.

“The killings have started again,” JJ continued. “Last night, the body of Miss. County, Renee Downs was discovered by her parents. They found this painted on the wall.” A picture of the ‘I’m Back’ came up on the usual screen.

“They convicted 16 year old Nina Phillips,” Rossi said. “She was given the death penalty.”

“They gave a 16 year old death?” Emily was amazed. Rossi nodded. “So, now the original unsub is back and now he wants credit. Why?”

“He was afraid before,” Hotchner said. “And now he’s bolder and wants his due.”