Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 2
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

ePub eBook Chapter or Story


This Has been viewed 3929 times



Click here to darken the background



John’s (POV)~

I sit at my desk staring at the computer screen. Sometimes I hate my job other times, not so much. Today is one of those days that I hate my job. I wish I could sneak out of here and head home. The Eagles are playing on Thursday night football and I was supposed to meet Mike at Rodi’s to watch it, but no I have other shit I have to do. I look down at the brochure sitting on my desk, I could kill Bo for making me do this. This is the stupidest idea the crazy ass Mayor of this town has ever had. Flipping through the brochure and the registration sheet I realize that this is going to take 12 weeks of my life. I run my hand over my face in frustration and peek through my fingers as the door opens.

“Hey boss.” I say seeing Bo slowly walk into my office. Ever since this idea came down from the Mayor and he told me, he’s been walking on egg shells around me. “Come in.” I wave him in and he approaches my desk with a smile.
“Ready?”
“For?” I ask smiling at him.
“John don’t play stupid with me man. I know you don’t want to do this but…”
I cut him off. I’m sick to death of hearing about the reasons for why I have to do this, “I know, I know Bo!” I say holding my hand up.
“I’m sorry you have to do this, but you know that Detective Blanchard and Detective McCoy are doing it too.”
“Like it’s going to make it any easier on me. The last time I was in school I hated it Bo!” “I’m sure you did John, but look at it this way. We’ve been slow the past couple of months would you rather you take this class with a murder case breathing down you neck?”
“Nice point Bo.” I look down at my watch and realize I have to get going. “I should get going Bo.”
“You’re right. By the way what’s up with all the apples?”
“A joke.” I stare at all the shinny red apples sitting on my desk. Ever day for the past two weeks I would come in and find my desk covered with these things. The guys thought it was funny, me on the other hand not so much so. I pick up one of the apples and head out of my office following Bo.
“Thanks for doing this John, sets a great example for the rest of the officers.” I pat Bo on the back and follow him through the outer office.

As I round the corner I hear someone calling my name, “What now.” I mumble.
“Catch!” one of the officer’s yells and throws an apple in my direction, “That’s to get in good with your teacher Lieutenant.” He yells.
I catch the stupid piece of fruit and hold both of them up smiling at the guys, “Enough!” I yell and then head to my car.

Throwing the apples on my passenger seat I start the car and head towards Llanview University. Shaking my head as I drive through the streets I still can’t believe I have to take some stupid 12 week class at the University to help fulfill some stupid educational development requirement. I’m just glad that a few of the other officers are in this class with me, don’t think I could handle it by myself.
I pull up to the school and scan the parking lot around the building looking for a place to park. Finally finding one I make my way to the building searching for room 234. This better be easy to find or I’m out of here. I stumble across the room and walk in.

Looking for Blanchard and McCoy I spot them in the back of the room. I climb the stairs of the lecture hall and give each of them a friendly head nod.
“Hey Lieutenant. Nice of you to join us,” McCoy says smiling at me.
“Whatever Paulie. What’s up Jack?” I ask taking a seat next to him.

“Nothing much, can you believe they put this class on a Thursday I’m missing the damn Eagles game.” Jack says fingering the book for the class.

I look down at my hands that don’t have anything in them. I knew I was forgetting something this morning when I left for work, no book, no notebook or a pen. “Damn it.” I say softly.

“What’s up?” Jack asking looking back over at me.
“Forgot paper and a pen, can I borrow some?”
“Ohhh, someone didn’t come prepared. Think I should let him have some Paulie?”
“Give the man some paper Jack, he’s had a rough week.”
“That’s for sure.” I snatch the pen and paper out of Jack’s hand and lay it on my desk, “What’s this Professor Charles like?”
“No clue.” Paul says looking around the lecture hall, “Damn.” He says kind of loudly.

I elbow him in the side, “What’s that for?”
“Her.” I look over and see where Paul is pointing at and see some woman sitting and laughing with another student. I can’t tell what she looks like but I can hear her laughing and it is musical, yet familiar.

I lean over trying to get a better look at the girl and Paul pushes me off of him, “Dude I don’t like you like that.” He smirks.
I roll my eyes and try and concentrate on the apparent beauty before us, “Maybe this won’t be that bad.” I say laughing to Jack.

“If she is in this class, then hell nah man!” We all start laughing and I turn around to look for a clock. I look behind be and see the clock and smile, time get this show on the road.

“Well it looks like everyone that is supposed to be here is here.”

I turn at the sound of the familiar voice and I’m dumb struck. I can’t speak, I can barely breath and my heart is racing. I blink a couple of times not believing what I’m seeing. It can’t be. My stomach starts to turn in knots as she moves through the room and takes a seat on the desk at the bottom of the lecture hall.

“Welcome to Criminal Justice Administration. As you can all see I’m not Doctor Phillip Charles.” The class starts to laugh and I can barely hold back the emotions pumping through my veins. She’s gorgeous, more now than ever before.

I watch as she crosses her legs back and forth as she sits on the desk and starts talking. I can’t hear her voice my heart is thumping so loudly in my head. I watch her lips move and they look delicious the way her skirt hits just below the middle of her thigh makes me shift uncomfortably in my seat. I run my hand through my hair and lean forward trying to believe what I’m seeing.

“My name is Evangeline Williamson.”

“It’s her, Oh God it’s her!” I scream in my head.

“Dr. Charles has taken ill, and I was asked to take over his class for this semester. I hope that is okay with everyone. Never done this before and by the looks on some of your faces it’s been awhile since a lot of you have been in school as well. I hope this class can enlighten you to the Justice system so let’s get started.” She smiles as her eyes scan the room. Either she hasn’t seen me or she has and can’t believe it herself.

I sit back and watch her intently as she hops down from the desk and goes around to her briefcase. The way her legs move and her ass, God I’ve missed this woman and never even knew how much till now. She opens her briefcase and pulls out a sheet of paper.

“Let’s do the role real quick and see who’s not supposed to be here.” She says smiling

She starts calling out names on the list and I hear her say someone’s last name that starts with an L and I know I’m up. I see her body posture change, she must see my name on the roster. I can feel myself smiling as I see her smile turn to a frown. I narrow my eyes on her beautiful face why is she frowning?

“John McBain.” She says lightly.

I smile and stand up. Why I stand up I don’t know, no one else has stood up, “Here!” I wave to her. Our eyes lock and I can see hers start to glisten at the corners. Why is she crying? I feel Jack pulling at my pant leg forcing me back into my chair.

“Paul McCoy.” She says moving right along in the role. My eyes are still fixed on her, but I can’t understand why she won’t look up at me?

The rest of the class I can’t concentrate on what she is saying I hear her voice but not the words. Her voice floats over my body soothing my soul that has been in an upheaval since… I close my eyes tight and force the memory from my conscience. “Get a grip man.” I mumble to myself.

“Lieutenant, Lieutenant.” I look over at Jack who is standing up staring at me. Turing around I look at the clock. “It’s time to go McBain.” He says again.

How the hell did three pass like that? “What?” I look back and forth between Jack and Paul and I’m sure they think I’ve lost my mind. “It’s been three hours already?”

“Yeah, man let’s go. We can head over to Rodi’s and catch the end of the game.”

I swallow hard and look up at both of them, still in shock that I’ve missed the first class, “Sure.” I turn back around and expect to see her standing down there staring at me, but she’s gone. “Damn it!” I say loudly.

“What man?”

“Nothing, nothing let’s go.” I grab the paper and pen and follow Paul and Jack out the classroom. Where did she disappear too?

Rodi’s ~

I walk into the bar and grab a beer as Jack and Paul look for a seat. My mind is still racing at seeing her again. Why is she here? Why is she teaching of all things? Right now I think I’m either the luckiest man in the world, or the most damned man in the world she’s back in my life again.

I sit at the bar with Jack and Paul watching the rest of the game. I can’t believe that the Eagles are going to blow this. As the night ends the game turns around and they end up beating the Jets 27 to 21. “Guys, I’m heading home. Thanks for the beers.” I hit Jack and Paul on the back and head doors the door.

“John!” Jack calls to me.
I turn around annoyed at him, all I want to do is go home. “Yeah man?”
“You owe us a game of pool!” he says laughing.
I rack my brain trying to figure out why I owe them a game of pool. “No I don’t.”
Paul laughs, “Yeah man you do.”
“No, guys I’m drained, need to head home.”
“Fine, that just means you owe us two games. It’s either one now or two later.” Paulie says laughing as he pulls off a cue stick and starts racking the balls.

I give up and give in to them. I watch them rack the balls and we play a game of cut throat.

“That teacher is hot!” Paul says missing his shot at one of my balls.
“Tell me about it, if I wasn’t married I hit that.” Jack says laughing.

I tighten my grip on my cue stick at the way they are speaking about her. They don’t know what I know, the fact that she would never touch them with a ten foot pole. I smirk at them and land my shot knocking Jack out of the game. “She would never go for you Paul.” I say smiling back at him.

“What makes you say that? Not like you know her man.”

“I know her type…” I say softly.
“You want her for yourself don’t you.” Jack chimes in.
Inside my head is screaming yes, I want her I’ve always wanted her even after, but my mouth says the opposite, “She’s not my type.” I say trying to convince them.

Walking around the table I clean it and beat both Jack and Paul at cut throat. I smile and nod at the guys, “Want to play again.” They both shake their heads no and I wave bye.

I head to my car and my thoughts drift back to her. Who would have thought that she would be in Llanview of all places?