Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 3
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

ePub eBook Chapter or Story


This Has been viewed 2625 times



Click here to darken the background



McBain Residence
Evangeline is in the kitchen making dinner. Their 6 year old son Shaun is playing in the family room with some of his toys the phone rings.

“McBain residence.”

“Hey” John says responding to his wife’s greeting.

“Hey yourself.” She stops cutting the veggies for the salad and focuses her attention on her conversation on John. “When are you coming home?”

“That is why I am calling. It looks like I won’t be home till late tonight I am sorry.” John says while milling through some case files.

“I m sure you are.” She responds in a sarcastic tone.

“You know I much rather be home with you and Shaun than stuck here at the office.”

“I know John; I just miss you that is all.”

“And I miss you so what are you up to? He asks changing the subject.

“Just making dinner for two now I guess.” She said with disappointment in her voice.

“No, make it for three, I should be home just late, leave it in the oven for me okay?”

“Sure no problem.”

“Is Shaun around?” John asked wanting to speak to his son.

“Yeah hold on a minute John.” Evangeline moved the phone away from her mouth and yelled for her son who was in the other room playing, “Shaunny your daddy wants to talk to you.”

Shaun came running into the kitchen and stopped right in front of his mother. He took the phone from her and smiled back at his mom. He had his fathers smile. His mother’s eyes and a combination of their skin tone. He was tall with deep brown curly hair that both of his parents loved playing in. “Hey daddy.”

“Hey buddy. Are you being good for you mom?”

“Of course I am. When are you coming home? I want to show you what we did in school today.”

“It won’t be till late son. So listen I want you to take care of your mom for me.” John said with a huge smile across his face.

“Really?” Shaun said lighting up at his father’s request of him

“Think you can handle that?”

“Yeah of course I can, cool!”

“Good boy, let me talk back to your mom. I love you Shaunny.”

“Love you to dad. Here mom dad wants to talk to you. He said I get to be man of the house!” Shaun said handing the phone back to his mom and jumping around the kitchen.

“Okay, well go pick up your toys and wash your hands it is almost time for dinner.” She said patting him on the head.

“Okay mom.” Shaun said leaving the room and running around the corner to the down stairs bathroom.

“Hey, so you made him man of the house huh?” Evangeline asked with a raised eyebrow.

“That I did.” John responded with a small laugh. “Like I said, I shouldn’t be too late maybe 10:30 or 11:00.”

“Man, they sure are keeping you there a lot. Don’t they know that you have a wife and kid to come home too?”

“Yeah they know, and man do I miss my kid, but I really miss my wife.” John said leaning back in his chair looking at the picture of Evangeline sitting on his desk.

“You do, do you?” she asked leaning up against the counter.

“Yeah I do.” He said with a heavy sigh.

“So, how much McBain, How much do you miss me?”

“I’ll show you how much I miss you when I get home.” He said picking up the picture and gently stoking it with his thumb.

“Ohh really what do you have in mind Lt. McBain?”

“Let’s just say I hope you didn’t have a long day at work because you are going to have a long night in our bedroom.”

“I can’t wait.’ She replied with a bashful smile.

“I have to get back to work. I love you.”

“Love you too, see you tonight.”

“Deal!” he said with excitement in his voice.

They both hung up the phone at the same time and dove back into what they were doing. John into mounds of paperwork and Evangeline in to dinner. Shaun came jumping down the stairs and Evangeline heard him, “Shaun what have I told you about that? Now go back up the stairs and come back down correctly please.”

“Okay.” He said hunching his shoulders over and turning to go walk back up the stairs and back down again correctly He then came into the kitchen quietly. “What is for dinner?

Evangeline turned and smiled at him, your favorite spaghetti and meatballs and a side salad.”

“Yes!” Shaun said and threw his hands up in the air and danced around the kitchen.

Evangeline smiled at his excitement over a meal, “Glad you approve. What would you like to drink?”

“Milk please.” Shaun responded.

“Good choice.” Evangeline poured the milk and poured herself a glass of wine. They sat down at the table and dug into the food. After they were finished eating Shaun asked, “So does the man of the house get dessert?”

“Maybe, how about a pudding cup?” Evangeline asked laughing at his man of the house comment.

“Sounds great mom, this man of the house stuff is fun.”

“Glad you are enjoying it. Go into the family room and I will bring it in there.”

“Can we watch cartoon network?”

“Sure, now scoot.” She said tapping him on the rear-end.

“Cool, you are the best mom ever!”

Evangeline smiled, kissed him on the forehead and turned back into the fridge to put the salad away. They sat in the family room and ate dessert and watched cartoon network until it was his bed time.

“Okay, Shaunny you know what time it is.” She said stroking his hair.

“Ah, mom do I have too?”

“That you do mister now scoot. I’ll be up when you are ready say 15 minuets?”

“I don’t wanna.” Shaun said sticking his bottom lip out and stomping his foot on the ground.

“Shaun come on now, I do not want to do this dance tonight. Go up stairs brush your teeth, get your uniform out for school, p.j’s on and pick a book to read okay.”

“Can’t I stay up till daddy gets home please, pretty pretty please?”

“I don’t think so he won’t be home till much later. Now go I don’t want to have to ask you a fourth time.” She said rising from the couch and kneeling in front of him.

“Fine!” Shaun said and stomped away. He stomped all the way up the stairs mumbling something Evangeline could not make out under his breath.

Evangeline went into the kitchen and cleaned up the dinner dishes. She fixed a plate for John and placed it in the oven on warm. She heard the water running up stairs telling her that Shaun had started brushing his teeth. The water finally went off and she smiled to herself. She never thought she would be married and not to a cop of all people and then kids on top of that. Never in her wildest dreams. But it was a reality and she loved living in this reality. She finished up the dishes and looked at the clock. I’ll give him five more minutes she thought to herself. She went back into the family room and flipped on Court TV.

She got so engrossed in the court case discussion she lost track of time. Sure Shaun would be asleep by now with the book on his bed. She slowly walked up the stairs as to not wake him. She peaked into his room and didn’t see him in his bed. She pushed open the door, Shaun wasn’t in his bed. Hr would do this sometimes; go to sleep in his parent’s bed instead of his own. She walked down the hall way to her bedroom and opened the door he wasn’t there either.

“Shaunny it is time for bed stop hiding.” She said walking back into his room. She looked under the bed no Shaun. “Come on Shaun stop playing around it’s time for bed.” She said walking around his room looking in his usual hiding places. He was no where to be found.