Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 2
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 19] Printer Chapter or Story

ePub eBook Chapter or Story


This Has been viewed 4921 times



Click here to darken the background






“So what did you learn?” He asked as he sat in his chair behind the desk, running the cigar he’d just taken from its case, under his nose; breathing in its rich smell.

“Well he doesn’t seem to have any weaknesses like gambling or any other addictions, the guy’s pretty much a loner. Pretty straight laced too.” The man standing before the desk replied and then held out a manilla envelope to the seated man. “Here are the surveillance pictures.” The seated man took the envelope, opened it and then removed the pictures. He came across one that brought a slight smile to his face.

“Find out who she is.” He said tossing the picture back towards the man standing before him, as he continued to thumb through the rest of the pictures. It wasn’t long before another image caught his eye and caused him the arch his brow in curiosity. “And this one too.” He said tossing the second picture. The standing man quickly gathered up the pictures and hurried from the office on his task. “Johnny, Johnny you still gotta thing for the red heads I see, but this is a pleasent surprise.” The man spoke out to the empty room and he stared at a picture that showcased a nubian beauty.




”I’m slipping…Ahhhh. Please don’t let go!” He strained to hold on and to brace himself so he wouldn’t fall in too. He instinctively looked back over his shoulder, to seek help but only found the cold and indifferent gaze of his own reflection grinning down at him. “Johnny…please don’t let go, don’t let me fall!” The pale blue tear filled eyes stared up at him, and his own tears suddenly fell, as his entire body began to shake under the pressure, and again he turned to his reflection with pleading eyes, only to find gleeful ones staring back at him.

“If you don’t let go, you’re gonna fall in there too Johnny, just let go.” His reflection said to him as it now stood just over his shoulder. “Just let go.” And as if he had no other choice but to obey, he let go, and stared down into the hole as the cascade of red hair faded into the darkness, and he continued staring down long after the piercing scream had stopped. “Whoa, I didn’t think you’d actually let go Johnny.” He reflection said with a slight chuckle. “You killed her.”

“No,” Johnny grasped out as he looked to his hands as if they were some kind of monstrosity. “I couldn’t hold on, I couldn’t…”

“Either way she’s still dead and its all your fault.”

“No, I didn’t mean to, I didn’t mean to…”


“I didn’t mean to!” He yelled out as he bolted upright in the bed, startling the warm body that had been wrapped around him.

“John?” Evangeline exclaimed as she reached over to the bedside table and turned on the lamp. “It’s ok, you were just having a nightmare.” She said as she stroked his sweat-drenched hair, from his face. “It’s ok.” He turned to her with wide frightened eyes and his breaths came out in pants. He moved to the edge of the bed, throwing his legs over the side, and bringing his elbows down to rest on his knees as he buried his face in his hands. Evangeline moved up behind him, gently rubbing his back in an effort to calm him. “Are you ok?” She asked her concern etched in her voice and on her face. John lifted his head a bit and turned to look at her, nodding his head as he did so. He raked his fingers through his wild hair. “Do you want to talk about it?” She offered not expecting him to accept it.

“I don’t remember much about it.” He lied and he could tell by the look she was giving him, she knew he was lying.

“Well, you yelled out ‘I didn’t mean to.’ What didn’t you mean to do John?” She inquired and he only gave her a stonewalled look.

“I don’t remember, sorry.”

“Hey, you don’t have to be sorry for me, you’re the one having the bad dreams, baby.” She said softly as she reached out and stroked his hair again, and decided she wouldn’t push this issue since it had obviously upset him so much. She couldn’t recall ever seeing John so rattled before. “Come here.” She said as she settled back against her pillows, with opened arms. “I’ll hold you and watch over you while you sleep, and I’ll make sure you don’t have anymore nightmares.” He smiled back at her and he moved back onto the bed and into her waiting arms. He laid his head against her stomach and possessively wrapped one arm across her waist, as she embraced him closer to her, with one arm upon his back and the other gently stroking his hair. It wasn’t long before he felt himself drifting back off peacefully enveloped in her.

“I’ll never let you go.” He mumbled softly in his sleep, and Evangeline found herself being happy and curious about his words.