Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 2
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 1] Printer Chapter or Story

ePub eBook Chapter or Story


This Has been viewed 2018 times



Click here to darken the background





John walked through the station a little sullen over the holiday season. He never really enjoyed them since his father had died and then of course Caitlyn. Last year he had spent the holidays with Evangeline, one of the best he had in years since Caitlyn had died. Christmas and New Years were fun and exciting with her and now he was alone wit no one to spend the holidays with and in a way he was happy about that.

Walking through the station it was decorated to the tee with decorations for Christmas, Hanukah and Kwanza. All of his officers had smiles on his face but John no. The other officers had secretly named him Scrooge because of his pouting face. Walking into Bo’s office he smiled at him sitting behind his desk. Bo had only been back to work for a day and was still taking it easy. “Hey…” he said slouching down in the chair.
“Bah hum bug to you too John.” He said turning around and setting a file folder on his desk.

“Very funny Bo.”
“You look like crap John.”
“I can’t sleep.” He said rubbing his eyes.
“This whole think with Natalie getting to you?”
“No actually. She’s with Cris now and that’s for the better.”
“Really!”
“You seemed shocked.”
“I am John, you two seemed to, I don’t know…”
“It wasn’t what it seemed Bo. I’m sorry for what I did to her and Cris’s family.”
“That’s good to know John. You should get out some.”
“What? I’m fine Bo, really I am.”
Bo slowly rose from his desk and walked around and sat on the edge of his desk, “You look like crap John, I can tell you haven’t been sleeping and you need to get out of here for a while.”
“I can’t leave you here like this. We are still working on Todd’s case.”
“With the holidays John we won’t be in court anytime soon.” Bo walked back around to his desk and got a pair of keys out of it, “Take these.” He said tossing them to John.

John caught the keys and dangled them in front of his face, “What are these?”
“Keys to the Buchanan lodge, take them. Get out of the city for a while. I know you don’t do holidays and you aren’t much use around here right now so go.”
“I can’t boss.”
“It’s an order Lieutenant and I don’t want to see you until the New Year!” he said smiling at John.

John stood up fingering the keys, “Are you sure about this?”
“More than. Don’t worry about food, we keep it stocked, and if you need anything there is a phone there but it’s a little finicky at times so it might not work. I’ll let Pa and the ground crew know you’re going to be there for a while. I suggest you hit the road because it’s supposed to snow soon and hard.”
“Thanks Bo…” John said quietly walking out of the office.
Bo smiled at John as he left the office and silently wished him well.

Evangeline walked into her apartment and threw her coat and briefcase on the couch. “What are you doing home so soon?” Layla asked smiling up at her from her Variety Trade paper.
“Court was cancelled and I decided to come home. Move over.” Evangeline said pushing Layla’s feet out of the way and taking a seat placing her feet on her lap.
“Van, get your feet off me!” Layla squealed.
“Oh come on Lay… They are so tired.” Evangeline whined resting her head against the arm of the couch.
“Fine only for a little bit though.” Layla said turning back to the trade paper.

Evangeline rested her head against the couch letting out slow deep breaths. “What do you want for dinner?”
“Whatever, doesn’t matter to me.” She said looking over her magazine.
“Chinese?”
“Sounds good.”
“I’ll order some.”
“Cool.” Layla said and pushed Evangeline’s feet off of her.

Evangeline eyed her sister and headed to the bedroom to change clothes. Coming out of her bedroom with her hair pulled in a ponytail and a pair of apple bottom sweat pants and sweat shirt on and fell on the couch next to Layla and stared at her sister.
“What!” Layla snapped.
“I’m bored talk to me.”
“About?” Layla said setting the paper down on her lap.
“I don’t care, whatever! I just wanna talk we haven’t really talked to each other in ages.”
“Well umm… did you hear that Nick and Jessica broke up!” Layla said excited.
“Who?”
“Are you kidding me Vange.”
“Nick Lachey, Jessica Simpson, you know the Newlyweds.”
“I have no clue what you are talking about Lay.”
“You need to get out girl if you have no clue who Nick and Jessica are.” Layla said rolling her eyes.
“I get out plenty.” Evangeline snapped.
“Okay when was the last time you went out on a date then sis?” Layla said standing up and pacing the room in front of Evangeline.
“I don’t have to dignify that with a response.” Evangeline said cutting her eyes from Layla.

Layla sat down on the couch and put her head on Evangeline’s shoulder, “Vangie, I want you to get out and get over him.”
“I’m trying Lay, trust me. It’s just hard.” She said rubbing her sisters arm.
“Promise me.”
“I promise you…”
“Good! So about that Chinese food?” Layla said looking up at her.
“I’ll order it now.” She replied kissing her on the head.

John walked into the cabin and threw his bags down on the couch and surveyed the area. It was a mountain cabin alright. Running a hand through his hair he walked into the kitchen and grabbed a beer that sat in the complete stocked fridge. Bo wasn’t kidding when he said there was food there.

The cabinets and fridge was completely full, he had enough food in here to last him the next couple of months. Coming back into the living room John sat the beer down and started a fire in the fire place. Before he knew it he had a roaring fire going and sat staring at it for a long while.

The warmth of the fire and the chill of the beer provided an unusual combination. He watched as the ambers flicked and jumped out of the fire towards him. John looked over his shoulder and out the window and saw the snow starting to fall slowly but steadily.

A small smiled cracked his tough exterior as his eyes started glisten with tears. This was not how he was supposed to spent the holidays, completely alone and miserable. He should be with her, standing under the mistletoe kissing her, holding her as they watched the tree in Angel Square light up. Swallowing the lump in his throat John rose from the floor and moved into the kitchen to make something for dinner.

“Hey Vangie!” Layla called to her sister from the living room.
“What Lay? Who was on the phone?”
“That was Antonio. One of the girls at the club called in and I’m going to go fill in for her. You going to be okay here by yourself?”
“I’m a big girl Layla, plus I might get out get some fresh air.”
“Don’t stay out too long there is supposed to be a snow storm heading this way and I think it already stared snowing.” She said turning to look out the window.
“I’ll be fine.” Evangeline said slipping on her coat.
“You better be! Call me when you get home so I know you’re okay.”
“Yes mom…” she said kissing Layla on the cheek. “I’ll see you later and tell Antonio if you see him I said Merry Christmas.”
“I will be safe hun!”
“Always.”

Evangeline headed down stairs to her car and pulled out of the parking garage. The snow was barely falling just a few flurries here and there nothing she couldn’t handle. She turned on the radio to the station that was playing all Christmas music all the time until New Years Day. Singing along to Mariah Carey’s All I want for Christmas is you she turned up the radio to her hearts content.

She didn’t even realize that she was driving out of town until she saw the sign Now Leaving Llanview Please Come Again Shrugging it off she continued the drive up through the Llantano Mountains taking in the snow covered trees. The snow had been falling much harder up here and that brought a smile to her face.


John stood at the window watching the snow fall sipping his beer listening to the Christmas music pour through the surround sound speakers in the cabin. He sat in the window sill wondering what she was doing right now. He saw is cell phone sitting on the coffee table and fought the urge to call her just once, just to say Merry Christmas.

After he apologized to her that day at the station he had barely seen her and now all he could do was think about her day in and day out. He had made the mistake of pushing her away by not opening up and trying to love her the way that he knew he wanted too. His heart was still with Caitlyn in some way since he never got to say goodbye to her, but he wanted desperately to get over her and move on with Evangeline. She was the woman he wanted Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow he just wished he could live up to what she wanted out of him.

He knew he could be that man, because he was with Caitlyn. Staring at the sky the snow started to come down heavier now and the lights flashed in his eyes blinding him. He rose from his seat and walked to the door to see a shadowy figure coming up the walkway.

He opened the door and the outside light came on lightening up the walkway. John blinked a few times and hugged his body as the cold chill of the winter night crept across his body.

There she stood in all of her beautiful glory. The snow sticking to her black locks and the tips of her eyelashes and his heart started to race. This had to be a dream, it just had to be. He swallowed hard and took a step closer to her.

Evangeline walked up to John and frozen upon seeing him standing there staring at her like she was a ghost or something. Evangeline dusted her coat off and turned around to look at her car that sat at the bottom of the driveway. She had gotten a flat on her drive and she couldn’t get the lug nuts off the car to change the tire. She saw the smoke coming out of the chimney and hoped that the car could make it up the hill to the house. She had no idea where she was or who was in the house.

Normally she would just call a tow truck but the damn trees prevented a signal from getting to her phone. She ran a hand through her hair and smiled faintly at him. This had to be a nightmare. “Hi…” she mumbled walking closer to him.

John stood silent staring at her, his dreams had come true. She was with him on Christmas or least it was close enough to Christmas for him. “Hey.” He mumbled.
“My car… my car…” she said turning around pointing at it.
“Is it okay?” he said in that husky shy voice.
“Not really. I have a flat I couldn’t get the lug nuts off the tire. Plus my cell wont work because of the trees and I saw the smoke from the chimney. I drove up here hoping that I could get some help.”
“You came to the right place.” He said smiling at her and lowering his head slightly.

“Good, does your cell phone get a signal up here?”
John turned and looked back into the house at his cell phone sitting on the coffee table. He scratched his head and then turned to smile at her, “I think so…”
“Do you mind?” she asked slowly walking up to him.
“No come on in.” John said stepping aside and letting her into the cabin. He took a deep whiff of her perfume as she passed him and his eyes rolled back in his head. She smelled the same and taking one whiff of her perfume and shampoo took him back to what he so desperately wanted and needed, her.

Evangeline picked up the cell phone and looked over at John who was still at the door holding it open for her staring at her. She dialed the tow truck company she knew and waited for someone to answer. It rang and rang and no one picked up the phone. “No one’s there.” She said clicking it off and setting the phone back on the table.

“Do you have a Jack?” he asked walking closer to her leaving the door open.
“I think so.” She said rubbing her hands together and staring in his blue eyes. There were flakes of snow in his hair that were starting to melt from the heat of the fire place making his hair sparkle in the light of the chandelier hanging above them.
“I could change it for you if you like?”
“You would do that for me?” she asked tilting her head to the side.
“I’d do anything for you.” He whispered.
“Thank you John.” She said softly and moved past him.

John grabbed his coat and quickly headed out the door following her down the hill to the car. Evangeline stood bouncing up and down rubbing her ungloved hands together as she watched John try and get the lug nuts off the flat tire. “It’s really cold out here.” She said blowing in her hands to warm them.
“Yeah just a little.” He said setting the wrench down and pushing some of the hair out of his face with the back of his hand. “These are on here really tight.”
“Can you get them off, I’d like to get home.”
“In that much of a hurry to get away from me huh? I guess I really screwed up with you.”
“It’s not that John, and I thought I told you to let that all go.” She said leaning against the car staring down at him.
“Easier said than done.” He replied finally getting the last bolt off. “Spare in the trunk?”
“Yeah.” Evangeline walked around and popped the trunk and John got the spare out and finished changing the tire. “Thank you.” She whispered as he loaded the flat into the back of the car.

I really can't stay - Baby it's cold outside
I've got to go away - Baby it's cold outside
This evening has been - Been hoping that you'd drop in
So very nice - I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice
My mother will start to worry - Beautiful, what's your hurry
My father will be pacing the floor - Listen to the fireplace roar
So really I'd better scurry - Beautiful, please don't hurry
well Maybe just a half a drink more - Put some music on while I pour



“You’re very welcome. Do you want to come in and warm up before you leave?”
“I really should go.”
“Just warm your hands and maybe a small drink with an old friend.” He said desperately.
“I really should go John…” she said moving towards the car.
“Evangeline please.” He said reaching out to her grabbing her hand. She looked down at his hand on hers and wanted to pull back from him she knew she needed to pull back from him but couldn’t. “It’s cold out here, you said it yourself. Come in warm up and then you can go. I promise not to keep you long.”