Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 2
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 1] Printer Chapter or Story

ePub eBook Chapter or Story


This Has been viewed 2589 times



Click here to darken the background



“Mom I don’t want to!” Shayna yelled from the hallway.
“Shayna Renee!” Evangeline yelled from the bedroom.
Shayna came stomping down the hallway to her mother’s bedroom. Evangeline sat at her vanity brushing her hair up into a stylish bun with several pieces of hair cascading down her face lightly curled. She sat in a modest black dress, with a scoop neck and beading around the neck line of the dress. The dress came to her ankles gently hugging her curves and flowed outwards as he passed her knees. She stood and turned to face her daughter.

“Ma, I don’t want to.”
“What did we agree on Shay?” she said smiling brightly at her daughter. Shayna was twelve years old and came up to Evangeline’s chest. She was tall and slender for her age and looked more and more like Evangeline ever day. She was dressed in a pair of sweat pants and a tee shirt with her hair in a pony tail. She had her bottom lip sticking out and hoped that it would get her out of the mess she had caused.

Shayna fell on the foot of Evangeline’s bed and crossed her arms over her chest turning her head to the side. Evangeline let out a small chuckle, her stubbornness was something that she had inherited from both her father and her mother. “I asked you a question Shayna.”
She looked over at her mother who was sitting up perfectly straight with her head tilted to the side waiting patiently for her daughter to answer, “That I couldn’t have the party if I didn’t clean my room. But it’s not fair, we have a maid! Why can’t she do it, I mean that’s what we pay her for.”
“That is correct that is Frances’ job to clean the house, but it is also your responsibility to follow through on the agreement we came to. I told you that you could have this party, and do you know how much trouble it took me to get this all arranged?”
“Yes….” She said rolling her eyes and falling back on the bed exasperated.

Evangeline stood up and walked towards her vanity and placed on a single tear drop necklace that hung gently along her neck and diamond studded earrings. She laughed at her daughters need to exaggerated everything, only because she can remember being the same when she was her age.
“So do we still have a deal, because it won’t be that difficult to cancel the party, not to mention that the staff and security would be thrilled.”
Shayna shot up and smiled at her mother politely, “I’ll clean my room mother.” She said pushing up off the bed.
“That’s my angel.” Evangeline said walking over and kissing her on the forehead.
“I’ll be home late, get to bed early please dear. No late nights. Thomas is down the hall if you need him.”
“Yes I know the drill mother.”
“Good, and Blair will be with me incase you need anything.”
“Cold stone!” she cried as she walked her mother out of the bedroom and into the hallway.
“You sure are asking a lot of me as of late. And to think that your birthday is in two days, and now your asking for ice cream too!”
“Please ma!”
“I’ll think about it.” Evangeline kissed her gently on the cheek and hugged her daughter before walking down the hallway. “Get your room cleaned!” She yelled as she waited for the elevator doors to open.
“Yeah, yeah.” Shayna called out waving her hands. “Have fun and say hi to Alec for me!” she yelled.
“I don’t know if he will be there, but if he is I will tell him that you said hello.”
“Cool, oh and see if Ireland can come to the party if she will be in town.”
Evangeline turned and raised her eyes to her daughter, “How many more people do you plan on inviting to this party.”
“Hey the house is big enough!” she said laughing and running down the hall to her room.

~

“Dad where are you going?” Abigail said sadly as she stood at the door way to her father’s bedroom.
“I have to leave for New York tonight, I thought I told you that.” He said looking over at her as he finished packing his suitcase.
“Are you going to be back by Friday?” she asked walking into the room and sitting on the bed pulling her feet up to her chest.

He walked over to her and touched her face gently, “Listen love…” he said resting his head against hers, “I promise to be home on Friday if it’s the last thing I do.” He said tenderly and kissed her on her forehead.
“You promise?” she asked looking up at him.
“Pinky.” He said linking pinkies with her. “You know I wouldn’t miss your birthday, it’s my favorite day of the year.” He said with a devilish grin.
“Yeah sure dad.” Abigail said rolling her eyes.

She fell back on the bed and watched as her dad walked back and forth between his closet and suitcase, stuffing his clothes into it. “You want some help dad?” Abigail said laughing as her dad tried to shove more things into the suitcase.
“I think I got it.”
“Think again dad.” She said giggling and pulling close out and placing them back in, “Why do you have so much stuff? You are only going to be gone for a few days.”
“Yes, but you never know what I might need.” He said shooting her a wink.
“Where are you off to this time?”

John stood in the middle of the bedroom and looked around for his itinerary. “First stop is New York, for a quick meeting with the share holders. Then over to Chicago to check on the new downtown development deal and then down to Houston to check on the oil rigs there and then hopefully back here.” He said sitting down in the chair to his room.

Abigail stood up and walked over to her father fixing his tie, “Okay, don’t let Leonard bum rush you into selling shares of Lexco, because that stock is going to soar before we know it. In Chicago watch out for the contractors there, they are known for swindling big wigs like yourself.” She said dusting off the sides of his suit jacket.
“How did you get so smart?”
Abigail shrugged her shoulders, “I think it comes from mom.” She said leaning over and kissing him on the cheek.
“Nice Abs, nice…” he said pinching her arm.

He stood up and looked over himself one more time in the mirror before going back to grab his suitcase. “How do I look?” he asked spinning around.
“Devilishly handsome.” Abigail said sitting back down on the foot of the bed and pulling her knees to her chest. “Please dad.” She said looking up at him with a tear down her face.

He walked over to her and wiped the tear from her face with his thumb, “I won’t forget hun. I promise to be home for you birthday.” He said kissing her on the top of the head.

He walked out of the room and down the stairs with Abigail hot on his tail. “You think about her?” she asked stopping mid stride.
“All the time angel, all the time.” He said squeezing her hand and looking at her with sad eyes himself.
“I wish…” she said and held back as the tears started to run down her face.
“It’s hard for me too Abs… But we have each other okay?”
Abigail nodded her head and wiped at the tears on her face. “Love you Abs.” he said as he opened the door.
“Love you too daddy.” She said throwing her arms around his neck and kissing him twice on the cheek.
“Be good.”
“Always.”

Abigail turned and looked up as Felecia came down the stairs and placed an arm around her shoulder. Leaning into Felecia she wrapped an arm around her waist and waved her good byes to her father as the limo pulled up and the door opened it up him.

~

Evangeline rode down the elevator in silence accepted for the Barry Manilow elevator music playing and she laughed to herself. Robert never liked Barry. The doors opened and she stepped out slowly and nodded to the gentleman standing in front of her. The started walking and she followed in suit with two behind her.

Her shaw was wrapped nicely around her shoulders and she let out a few deep breaths. A lot was running through her mind, so much stuff to get ready for Shayna’s birthday. She had a doozy of a time trying to convince her staff and security that everything would be alright. It was a warm September night as she stepped out of the house and waited as the limo pulled up.

The driver came around and she smiled at him, “Thank you Charles.” She said politely as she lowered her head and slide into the limo. She smiled at Blair her assistant and then nodded at Todd Manning as he sat across from her smiling, “You already?”
“Yes…” she said softly and turned to look out the window. “Do you know if Alec is going to be there tonight?” she asked looking over at Blair.

“He is on the guest list and has RSVP so I am assuming so.”
“Good, if I don’t get a chance to speak with him, ask him to see if Ireland would care to attend Shayna’s birthday party on Friday night.”
“Yes ma’am. Anything else?”
“Nope, let’s just have a good time and get this over with.”
“Okay.”

~

As the limo stopped on the tarmac of the small private airport he stepped out and ran a hand through his hair gripping his briefcase in his other hand. He walked a strong confident walk towards the airplane and greeted the flight attendant and ducked into to the private jet.

Setting up his computer and ordering bourbon on the rocks he settled in and waited for the pilot to come on announcing their departure. As the computer booted up he checked his email and responded to a few of them and kept in mind what his daughter had suggested.

He hoped that she was up there watching over both of them. He had always told Abigail that she would was watching over them, and would keep them safe and sound. He smiled as he recalled the smile his daughter gave him as he walked out of the house. She looked so much like her mother that sometimes it pained him, but he always fought through it.

Abigail was the light that got him through some of the toughest times in his life. She was the reason he got up out of bed every day after everything that happened. She was also the reason he worked so hard. Everything that he did in the “real” world he did for her and only her.

Pulling out his pocket watch to check the time and making sure they were on schedule he saw her face smiling back at her, “Sir.” The flight attendant said coming over to him.
He snapped the watch closed and looked up at her, “Yes.”
“The captain asked me to check on you, it will be a few moments before we begin our taxi.”
“Thank you…” he said leaning back and resting his eyes.

“Mr. McBain, we are going to begin our flight now.” The pilot said coming on the intercom.
He nodded his head and shifted in his seat. The flight to New York shouldn’t take to long, but John’s day had been a long one and needed a little rest.

~

The car came to a stop and Todd and Blair nodded at Evangeline, “I always hate these things.” She mumbled under her breath.
“I feel the same.” Blair laughed and looked over her shoulder, “Ready?”
“Yes, I guess.” She said rolling her eyes and fixing her hair one more time in the window of the limo.

Evangeline grabbed Blair’s arm before she stepped out of the limo, “Remind me why I’m hear again.” She said with a light chuckle.
“Because this is your favorite charity and you would do anything for them. I know you’re not up to it right now, but they need your support.”
“I know, I know…” she said sadly.

Stepping out of the car the flash bulbs went off in her eyes and she smiled politely and walked the small red carpet into the hotel. As she waited for the doors to open she went over and over her speech in her head. Evangeline had worked on it for awhile, after several revision from the speech writer. Mumbling to herself she concentrated on where she would stand and where she would look at each high point of her speech. Blair was right she was here for a reason.

Robert loved this charity and everything that they stood and represented. Fixing her hair one last time, Blair stood behind her and dusted the back of her dress off and she turned to look at her, “I don’t think I can do this.” She said softly.
“You can do anything ma’am.” Blair said smiling at her. “Just remember, you’re doing this for the kids.” She said hugging Evangeline gently and then fixing her dress again.

Evangeline mumbled over and over again the beginning of her speech and said softly that she was doing this for the kids. How she got this far in life dreading these speeches she would never understand. The funny thing was that everyone she ever met always told her how eloquent a speaker she was, and she was born to do this and become this in life. That thought although comforting still made her feel inadequate to perform her duties.

Evangeline blew out a few quick breathes to help her relax and get into the mood and closed her eyes saying a silent prayer to God and Robert to see her through this. A pre-speech ritual she had done since the beginning. She waited outside the door and placed on a big grin as the doors open.
“Ladies and Gentlemen, the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, EVANGELINE WILLIAMSON.” The announcer said. Evangeline walked across the room greeting members of the press, a few selected constituents, and other political counterparts.