Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 1
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 0] Printer

ePub eBook


This Has been viewed 1218 times



Click here to darken the background



Racing Toward Love

John and Natalie had been in Thailand searching for David for 3 days and the whole time all Natalie did was complain.

"John my feet hurt, John I'm tired, John we're never going to find him."

He had finally had enough of her constant complaining and yelled."Look, I came here to find Vickers and I'm not leaving until I do, but if you want to go home be my guest, just stop with the whinning.I can't take it anymore."

"Oh I guess you'd rather have Evangeline here with you even though she can't see."Natalie said snidely.

John stopped dead in his tracks."What did you just say?"

"Nothing."Natalie said innocently.

John grabbed her by the arms and screamed."Damnit Natalie what did you say about Evangeline?"

"Oh she went blind after the tornado, but it's nothing.She's probably faking it anyway just to get sympathy."

"Evangeline wouldn't fake something just to get sympathy.That's you MO."John said.

"What does that mean?"Natalie whinned

"It means that you are spoiled, selfish, hateful and just plain bitchy.I can't believe I actually thought I wanted to be with you.I can't believe I gave up the best thing in my life because of you and I can't believe I didn't tell her what I should have told her when I had the chance.I'm going back to Llanview and be with the woman that means the world to me.You can find your own way back."

John turned to head back to the hotel to pack and call the airport to get a ticket on the next flight to Llanview.

Natalie just stood there stunned and watched him walk away.

Ten hours later he walked into the hospital looking for Michael.

"Excuse me nurse, I'm looking for Dr.McBain."John said

"He's in with a patient right now Lt. but you can wait for him in the lounge if you'd like and I'll let him know that you're here."

"Thank you."John said before heading to the lounge.

A few minutes later Michael walked in and was immediately bombarded with questions.

"How is Evangeline, Why didn't you tell me about her eyes,Can I see her?"

Michael put his hands on John's shoulders and said."Whoa, slow down.Evangeline is fine and yeah you can see her."

"Don't lie to me Mikey.What about her eyes?"John said

Michael made John sit down and then he said."She suffered some corneal damage when the tornado struck the church.She may need surgery to correct it, but the we won't know until we get the results of her tests back."

"Mikey, what are the chances that she's going to get her sight back?"John asked

"I don't know and I won't know until we get those test results back."

"Will you take me to her?"John asked

Michael put his arm around John's shoulders and said."Come on bro."

Michael took John to Evangeline's room and just as he was about to go in Cristian came out.

Suddenly John threw Cris against the wall and said."Why the hell didn't you tell me about Evangeline's eyes?I never would have left town if I had known she was going through this.Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because she deserves better than you and I didn't want you going in there and letting her depend on you just to have you run back to Natalie again."Cristian yelled

Suddenly he heard Evangeline yell."John is that you?"

John let go of Cristian and went into Evangeline's room

He walked over to the bed, took her by the hands and said."Hey beautiful.How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine.Did you find David?"she asked

"No, but don't worry about Vickers.He's not going anywhere."

"John David Vickers killed your father.You need to find him."

"Evangeline Marie Williamson, I said Vickers will keep.You are what's important right now and I'm not leaving your side so stop trying to push me away, because like I've said before I'm bigger than you."

"John you really don't have to do this.I'm fine and besides my sister is right down stairs and if she comes in here and sees you she will call security and have you hauled out of here."Evangeline said

John laughed and said."Let her try, I have connections with the LPD."

Evangeline laughed and said."Thank you, John I really needed that."

John smiled and said."I love you, it's my job to make you feel better and before you say anything you heard me right I love you.I know that you will probably think that I only said it because of what your going through, but you would be very wrong.I have been in love with you since the night you came back from San Fransisco.When I heard your phone message I knew I was in love with you and I will be in love with you for the rest of my life."

"John please don't do this.I have more important things to think about and if you really loved me you wouldn't have always left my side to go help Natalie and you wouldn't have left town to go after someone that you now say can wait."

"I wouldn't have left town if I had known about your eyes, but no one told me.I'm sorry that I was such an idiot.I took you for granted and I'm sorry for that.I will never take you for granted again.From now on you are my one and only priority.Just please be don't push me away.Let me be here for you and prove to you that you are the woman I love yesterday, today,tomorrow."

Evangeline squeezed John's hand and said."I'm scared John and I need you to promise me that you really will be here for me and not run off the next time Natalie gets a hangnail."

"Natalie is not my problem anymore.Nothing will take me away from you now or ever."John said leaning in and kissing her softly on the lips.

"So what you're saying is I'm stuck with you."Evangeline said smiling.

John stroked her hair and said."For life."