Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 2
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 0] Printer

ePub eBook


This Has been viewed 744 times



Click here to darken the background



I Can't Hide The Way I Feel

John had been pacing around in his new apartment for the last couple of hours trying to think of a way to convince Evangeline to give him another chance and he was coming up with nothing.

He thought about flowers, candy, a poem but none of that seemed right.He was getting so frustrated that he decided to go to Rodi's for a beer.

He walked out of his apartment just in time to see his brother coming off the elevator.

"Hey John I was just coming to see if you wanted to go grab a beer."

"I was just heading to Rodi's come on I'll buy little brother."John said putting his arm around Michael's shoulders.

They walked into Rodi's a few minutes later and walked up to the bar to order their beers.

When the bartender brought them their drafts Michael looked at John and said."Ok Johnny what's up?"

John looked at him shocked and said."What makes you think something's up?"

"Well I asked you several times to hand me the peanuts and you haven't heard me yet.So either you're going deaf or you've got something on your mind."

John reached over and handed Michael the peanuts and said."Sorry and you're right I do have something on my mind."

"Well who better to talk about it then me.Your smart, cute, funny brother."

John laughed and said."Smart maybe, but cute and funny no.I'm the cute funny one."

"Ok, ok whatever.What is this thing that's got you so wound up."Michael asked noticing that John had again stopped listening to him.

He looked over to the door to see what was holding his interest then he turned back to John and said."Or maybe I should say who's got you wound up."

John looked at him with sad eyes and said."I want her back so bad Mikey, but I don't know how to do it.I thought about flowers but they just seemed so ordinary.Then I thought about candy but that sounded stupid.Last I thought about writing her a poem but I can't think of the right words.So what should I do?"

Michael smiled and said."Just tell her how you feel.Tell her what's in your heart.I got the same advice when I was trying to write my vows."

John gave his brother a brotherly hug and went over to the jukebox.

He selected a song and hit play.

Then he walked over to Evangeline's table and started singing.

I can't hide the way I feel about you anymore
I can't hold the hurt inside, keep the pain out of my eyes anymore
My tears no longer waiting...my resistance ain't that strong
My mind keeps recreating a life with you alone
And I'm tired of pretending that I don't love you anymore

Let me make one last appeal to show you how I feel about you...hmmm
Cause there's no one else I swear, holds a candle, anywhere, next to you
My heart can't take the beating of not having you to hold
A small voice keeps repeating deep inside my soul...
It says I can't keep pretending that I don't love you anymore

I've got to take the chance or let it pass by
If I expect to get on with my life
With my life...

And I can't hide the way I feel about you anymore
And I can't hold the hurt inside, keep the pain out of my eyes anymore
My tears no longer waiting
Oh, my resistance ain't that strong
Oh, my mind keeps recreating a love with you alone
And I'm tired of pretending I don't love you anymore...anymore...anymore

When the song finished Evangeline looked at John and said."What are you trying to tell me John?"

John looked deep into her soulful brown eyes and said."I love you. I know you probably don't believe me, but I love you and I'm going to do whatever it takes to prove it."

Evangeline touched his face and said."You just sang to me in a bar full of people including your brother, whom you know will never let you live it down."

"If he knows what's good for him he will but that doesn't matter. What matters is that you believe me and you're willing to give me another chance.So what do you say Williamson?"

Evangeline laughed and said."Any man with a voice like yours that is willing to get up in front of a room full of people and sing to a woman to prove he loves her deserves a second chance, but Natalie is out of our lives this time."

John smiled and said."Natalie who?"

Evangeline kissed him and they left Rodi's hand in hand.