Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 2
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 0] Printer

ePub eBook


This Has been viewed 1209 times



Click here to darken the background



Just As Long As We Understand Each Other

John was at Rodi's after a knock-down drag-out fight with Natalie.He told her it was over and walked out leaving her stunned.

He went up to the bar and handed the bartender a tweenty and said."Give me as many beers as that will buy."

He wasn't drowning his sorrows.He was venting his anger.

While he sat there drinking he kept trying to figure out how he got to this point in his life.Then finally it hit him.His life started going down the drain when he let Evangeline go.

"I have to get her back.She's my lifeline.I can't do this without her."

He told the bartender to keep the change and he turned and left.

Evangeline was sitting on her couch with a glass of wine watching A Place In The Sun.John got her hooked on Montgomery Clift.He once said.Before there was Brando,before there was Dean there was Monty.

The movie had just gotten to her favorite part when there was a knock on the door.

She stopped the DVD and went to the door

"Who is it?"Evangeline asked

"It's John.Listen I know it's late and I'm sorry but I really need to talk to you."

Evangeline opened the door and said."What do you want John?"

"Can I come in?"He asked

She blew out a heated breath and stepped aside to let him in.

She closed the door turned around put her hands on her hips and said."Ok John what do you want?"

John looked at her defiant stare and gave her a determined stare of his own and said."What do I want?I want you.I want us.I want my life back.I want your love.I want happiness.That's what I want."

Evangeline looked at his shocked and not sure if she could believe what she was hearing.

He smiled and said."I know that looked.It's the Evangeline Williamson tongue in cheek I don't believe a word your saying look.The one that says John how can I believe you when you have lied to me so many times.The one that says don't trust him and I know it's going to take time.I just want to know that there's a chance for us."

"John how do I know that if I give you another chance that it won't go back to the same old thing.You tell me that you want to be with me and then I turn around to see you going off to save Natalie again."Evangeline said angrily but at the same time really wanting to believe him.

John smled and said."Because I love you.I know I've never said those words but I got to thinking about all the waysI told you without saying the words.Remember.Don't you give up on me, we're worth fighting for.You're the woman I want to be with yesterday,today,tomorrow.Not to mention with ever kiss, every touch and everytime we made love.All I'm asking for is just a chance to prove it to you."

"John I don't know."Evangeline said.

"I once told you that I look at you and I see all the ways I let you down staring right back at me and I don't know how to fix it.Well now I'm asking for a chance to fix it.Please let me."

Evangeline looked up at the ceiling and then back at John and said."No more Natalie.I don't care what she says or does.She is out of our lives for got.If you can't do that then my answer has to be no."

John stepped closer to her smiled and said."No more Natalie.I promise."then he kissed her softly on the lips.

When she pulled back she smiled and said."Just as long as we understand each other McBain."

"Understood Williamson."John said then he leaned down and kissed her again.This time the kiss was deeper more passionate and forever.