Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 2
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

ePub eBook Chapter or Story


This Has been viewed 1939 times



Click here to darken the background



He crossed the room rolling casino chips through his fingers and stopped at the door to the poker room. Peering over the shoulder of the doorman he frowned looking around the high rollers room, “How much to enter?” he asked smiling at him.

“The table minimum sir is five hundred.” He said eyeing him up and down.
“Are there any open tables?”
“Let me check…” The doorman turned around and walked into the poker room and scanned it quickly for any open spots. Turning back around he walked up to his stand and smiled, ‘The entrance fee is a hundred dollars.”

He passed him a chip and smiled, “The third table on the left sir, welcome.” He said nodding. He smiled and walked into the poker room finding the empty table and taking as seat, “A new hand will be dealt soon sir.” He said nodding as he took his seat.
“Good thank you…” He said leaning back in his seat and scanning the other players at his table.

The man at the far end of the table was dressed in a button down plaid shirt and jeans, a cowboy hat sat on his head with the name Texas sprawled across it. Next to him was a woman in her mid to late thirties, dark makeup with a short sleeved blue-green dress on. Next to her was a dark African American with dreadlocks that fell halfway down his back. He was dressed in a white suit with a light purple shirt underneath, the only one who could actually pull off that look. On his left sat the last player at the table, a Hispanic man with a shaven head and a small goatee. He was dressed in a deep blue suit with a white shirt underneath it. His silver chain sparkled from the lights in the ceiling of the poker room.

The dealer nodded to the two players to his left to ante up the initial pot. The cards were dealt and he looked at them and the reactions of the others at the table. Deciding to play this hand he waited for his turn to bet. The dealer discarded the top card of the deck and he scanned the players to check for their tells if they had any. The dealer put down the three cards that made up the flop.

Looking at his cards again he waited his turn to bet again. The player to his left folded even before the other cards were turned. Finding the move unusual so early on in the game he waited for the dealer to burn another card and then flip the TURN card. The cowboy smirked and then let it quickly fade after seeing the TURN card.
“Five hundred.” He said throwing his chip in.
“Five hundred to you ma’am?” The dealer said nodding toward the only woman at the table. She slid her chip in and then rested her head in her hand.

“Mr. Gannon, your bet sir.”
“I’ll see your five hundred and raise you two fifty.” He said throwing the chips into the middle of the table.
“It’s seven fifty to you sir.” He said nodding at him.
He nodded as he threw his chips in and the dealer burned another card before playing the RIVER card.

His stomach burned slightly as the card came to view and he saw the lady’s eyes close and then open up, she was going to fold. The guy with the dreadlocks sat stoic and didn’t even look at his cards as the RIVER came into view. “Five hundred.” The cowboy said throwing his chips in.
“I’ll see your five hundred and raise you seven fifty.” The man with dreadlocks said after the women folded her hand.
“That’s twelve fifty to you sir.” The dealer said to the newbie. Coughing slightly he smiled and threw in the chips, “Call…” he said as the chips hit the others in the pile.
“That’s seven fifty to you sir.” The dealer said nodding to the cowboy.

He threw in his chips and they waited for the cards to be revealed. The community cards consisted of the ace of hearts, four of spades, king of diamonds, jack of diamonds and the four of clubs. That last card put the newbie over the edge. “Sir…” The dealer said nodding to the newbie. He flipped over his cards slowly and smiled as he revealed the missing fours from the deck. “Four of a kind for our new player.”

“Shit!” the cowboy mumbled turning over his cards as he threw them into the middle of the table. “An ace of spades and the queen of spades for our cowboy friend.” The dealer looked over at the man in with the dread locks and nodded, “Mr. Gannon.”
He turned to face the new player and smirked, “Nicely played.” He said turning over the jack of spades and the ace of diamonds.

He leaned forward to collect his winnings and waited as the dealer collected the cards. “RJ Gannon.” He said turning to him and extending his hand.
“Thomas Johnson.” He said smiling as he shook his hand.
“You had a good hand there Johnson.”
“Luck, pure and simple.” He said with a wink as he accepted his next two cards.
“Lets hope that luck doesn’t run out for ya.” RJ said looking down at his cards.
“Oh I think lady lucks on my side tonight.” He said with a sly wink.

RJ shifted uncomfortably in his seat and crossed his legs as he flipped his dreadlocks around his shoulders. Looking up at the dealer as he flipped the RIVER his eyes locked with hers as she glided across the casino floor. He finished out his hand and took his chips having them credited to his account, “It was a pleasure Mr. Johnson.” He said shaking his hand.

Thomas watched him move slowly out of the poker room and into the main casino. He followed RJ’s movements and closely and watched him walk up to some woman he couldn’t really see.

“Excuse me…” RJ said walking up to her his hands behind his back a sly grin on his face.
She turned around her dark silky smooth locks went spinning around her face and landed in her cleavage. She tucked some of the loose strands behind her left her ear diamond studs sparkling in the chandeliers of the casino. “Yes.” She responded sweetly with a softly smile.

RJ reached out to take her hand into his and kissed the top of it softly, “RJ Gannon.” He said raising his eyes to meet hers in a searing penetrating stare. She cleared her throat as he lowered her hand back to her side and smiled at her, “Evangeline Kramer.” She said softly.

“I’ve come to this casino every Thursday for the past two and a half years and I have never had the privilege to lay eyes upon such a beautiful woman.” He said grinning at her.
“Why thank you Mr. Gannon.” She said as a small blush crept across her cheeks.
“It’s RJ please…” He said leaning forward and inhaling her perfume, “That is an intoxicating scent what is it?”
“Something created especially for me while I was in Paris, do you like it?” she questioned turning her neck to allow him to smell her again.
“It’s marvelous.” He said softly against her neck.

“It truly is… I love it.” She said smiling, “So Mr. Gannon, I mean RJ…” She said giggling, “What is it that you do RJ?” She asked watching him accept a glass of champagne from a passing waitress.
“I deal in antiquities, you Ms. Kramer?”
She smiled and raised her hand to her mouth as she swallowed her martini, “Evangeline please… I’m in Pharmaceuticals.”
“Sales?” he asked walking with her through the casino floor.
“Why yes I am. Here for a convention.”

He nodded and smiled at her, “Would you care to have dinner with me this evening or am I being a little too presumptuous?”
Evangeline stopped in the middle of the casino the slot machines ringing and people yelling all around her. “Dinner, wow… I don’t know about that…” She said softly playing with the ends of her hair as she scanned the casino taking everything in.

“Am I boring you already?” RJ joked as he tried to lock eyes with her. Evangeline looked at him and smiled, “No I’m just looking for a friend, that is all.”
“Oh were you two going to have dinner?”
She shook her head as she leaned against a slot machine, “No, drinks. She has a friend her she hasn’t seen in years so she’s going out to dinner with her.”
“So that means you’re free to share your evening with me then?”
“Are you from Miami?”
“I am… but I have a place here in the hotel.” He nodded eyeing her up and down with a big smile on his lips.

“Well then…” She stood up and moved into his space, “I would love to have dinner with you RJ.”
“Are you staying here in the hotel?”
“I am…”
“Wonderful, I’ll telephone your room at eight?” He asked tilting his head to the side trying to read her face.
Evangeline turned to look at him, “That sounds nice RJ I look forward to learning more about you.”
“And you as well…now if you’ll excuse me Evangeline, I have a meeting to attend.”

He kissed her hand again and turned to leave. Feeling her soft delicate fingers round his shoulder and then slid down his arm he smiled. “A meeting so late?” She asked turning him around slowly.
“Oh yes, here in Miami we do business after five all the time.” He said with a slight wink. She nodded as she pulled her hand free from his body and clasped them behind her back, “Eight then?”
“Eight…” he said softly.

Evangeline watched him walk away as she fingered his hotel key behind her back. She slipped it into the hidden pocket of her dress before digging into her purse for her cell phone. “I have what you need how soon can you meet me?”
“A half hour…” He said waiting for her call. The call ended and she slipped her cell phone back into her purse. Shifting from her seat on the stool in front of a slot machine she rose slowly and walked to the bar where she would meet her contact.

Thomas stood behind her watching her and RJ interact and found her and their little exchange intriguing. He slid his hands into his pocket and rocked back and forth on his heels, she was going to get in the way of what he needed to do. Following her slowly through the casino he watched as she walked across the casino floor stopping men in their tracks from just one pass. He found her exotic but that gorgeous never… Laughing to himself up under his breath he watched as she headed into the casino bar and took a seat at the bar.

The hotel bar was decorated in a modern motive. The lights were blue hanging over head from the front doors all the way to the back of the bar. Metal tables covered the floor with metal chairs that had blue rimming. The bar lined the back of the bar with stools of the same color blue of the lights that hung over each stool. Along the far wall were a set of televisions that highlighted all the sports games that were playing in the country at the time.

Thomas took a seat at a table directly behind her turning his attention to the many of televisions that lined the bar but watching her reflection in the mirror in front of him. Evangeline sat at the bar swinging her free leg back and forth as the bartender brought her drink over. Swiveling around on her stool she popped an olive into her mouth sucking the juice and alcohol from it and caught his eyes staring back at her form.

Smirking to herself she turned all the way around resting her elbows on the bar and watching the latest scores from the baseball game on the big screen all the while keeping her eyes on him. He was strong, magnetic and had the most dangerous blue eyes she’d ever seen before. Sipping her martini she ran the tip of her tongue along her bottom lip catching a bead of her drink on her lip. A small smile curled at the corner of his lips and she laughed softly to herself as she turned back around resting the drink on the edge of the bar.

“May I buy you another drink…” A strong voice said from behind her. Ready to put this blue devil in his place she turned looking up at him shocked to see dark brown eyes staring back at her. Evangeline stammered and swallowed as he took a seat next to her, “I take that as a yes?” He said with a straight face as he waved over the bartender, “Another drink for the lady.”

Still speechless from his presence she smiled politely trying to find her voice, “I don’t think I’ve ever rendered a woman as tantalizing as you speechless before…” he said smirking at her.
“I’m sorry… “ She said finally finding her voice.
“No it’s my fault. I apologize…” he said extending his hand to her. Evangeline stared at his hand and then looked up at the devastatingly handsome man in front of her. He had short brown hair and brown penetrating eyes. He was nearly six four she gathered from the length of his legs. His left hand was clear of any jewelry but his diamond encrusted Rolex watch, his suit expensive, Valentino in fact. He was what the hotel/casino called a high roller.

Leaning against the bar she sucked down the rest of the martini she ordered as the bartender brought over another, “I usually don’t accept drinks from strangers.” She said eyeing his hand that still hung in the air.
He pulled his hand back resting it on the bar, “West, West Troy…” he said flashing his pearly whites. She nodded as she pulled the toothpick from her drink to pop an olive into her mouth.

“Nice to meet you…”
“Do you have a name?”
“I do.” She said sipping her drink and looking at him over the top of her glass.
“Care to share?”
She shook her head swallowing her drink and set it on the bar, “I don’t actually…”
“That’s okay… That’s okay…” he nodded laughing softly at her antics.

Evangeline tilted her head to the side her hair cascading over her chest and caught the stare of her mystery blue eyed devil staring back at her in the mirror. This time he made no movement to hide the fact that he was indeed checking her out. She narrowed her eyes in confusion as she turned back to West. “That’s an interesting name West, where did it come from?”
“It’s short for Westley…”
“Like from the Princess Bride?” She asked laughing softly.
“Something like that, but I was born way before the movie.”

She nodded and sipped her drink again, “So tell me Westley what is it that you do?”
“I do?”
“I assume you have a job do you not?”
“Your assumption would be incorrect…”
“So what then?”
“I owned a company that I sold, I have no need to work…” he said in a hushed tone leaning forward to gain her attention.

Evangeline turned her head slowly to lock eyes with him. He was eight inches from her face and that shocked her and she leaned back out of his face. “Do I intimidate you?” he asked softly placing his hand on her bent knee.
“No what you do, is assume I’m something I’m not.” She said brushing his hand from her knee.
“Oh I know what you are and what you do…” he said eyeing her up and down.
“Well West I think you might be wrong about that.” She seethed.

“Baby…thanks for waiting for me upstairs!” Thomas huffed coming to her rescue slipping his arm around her shoulder and kissing her cheek. Evangeline stared at him confused and then snuggled close against him, “As you can see Mr. Troy I’m not what you assumed I was.”

West stood up eyeing Thomas slowly as he fixed his suit jacket and slipped his hands into his pocket, “Thanks for keeping my lady company…”
“Yeah whatever.” He said rolling his eyes and walking away.

Thomas smirked as he tuned watching West walk away and head towards the door. Turning back to Evangeline he found her gone and looked around shocked. “What the hell…” he mumbled as his eyes quickly scanned the bar finding her gone from his site in less than a minute.
The bartender came over and smiled, “That will be twenty two…”
“What!” he said shocked.
“You’re drink the ladies drink?”
“What, she only had one… wait a minute we weren’t together!” he said staring at him confused.
“The lady said you two were together. So that will be twenty two man or we can charge it to your room.”
“Charge it to the room…” He said waving him off and looking around again for the mysterious disappearing woman. Thomas wrote his room number on the bill and shoved it back to the bartender. “Where the hell did she go…”

~

She descended the grand staircase in a flowing white sun dress. The straps looped round her neck tying behind her neck. The top of the dress had a small cut out near her breasts that were pushed up from the form fitness of the dress. It cinched at her waist with roushing that highlighted her tiny waist. The dress flowed around her knees as her wedge sandals added several inches to her height. Her hair was swept up in a French twist with a few strands flying seductively around her face framing it nicely. She wore silver hoop earrings that matched the small cut out in her dress.

“My my my…” RJ said extending his hand to take her from the last steps.
“You like?” She asked bashfully.
“I do, you look breathtaking…”
“Thank you…” She said blushing her cheeks turning bright red from the intimate way he stared at her. Evangeline swallowed as she slipped her arm into his and he led her across the hotel floor to a waiting white limo, “Is this yours?” she asked standing at the door as the driver held the door open.

“It is, would you care to join me…” he asked moving from behind her and standing next to the car.
Evangeline nodded and slid into the car holding her dress in one hand and her clutch bag in another. She scooted across the seat resting her purse in her lap as she heard RJ talking to the driver about their location. This would be easier than she thought. Crossing her legs she rested against the window as RJ came into the car and unbuttoned his suit jacket.

“How was your business meeting?” she asked turning her attention to her captivating date.
“It was interesting, thank you. How were drinks with your friend.”
“Interesting…” She said with a smirk.
RJ chuckled the deep smokiness of his voice swept over her body like a warm wind. RJ crossed his legs, “So tell me about your job.”

“There’s nothing to it really. I just work the upper Midwest going to the hospitals and trying to get them to buy and prescribe the new drugs that the FDA has approved.”
“Who do you work for?”
“Glaxo-Smith and Kline…” She said pulling out her blackberry as it buzzed in her purse, “Please excuse me…” She said with a smile as she looked at her message. A big smile spread across her lips as she slipped her blackberry into her purse.

“You carry one of those things every place you go?”
“I do… I have an infinity for the stock market, both foreign and domestic.” She said getting his attention.
RJ turned with a huge grin on his face and placed his arm around her shoulders as he adjusted in the seat, “Well…well…well… I’m surprised.”
“Surprised why is that?”
“I didn’t take you for the that type of risk taker.”
Evangeline leaned in her lips inches from his as she tilted her head to the side, “There are many things you don’t know about me RJ.”

He chuckled softly the sweet scent of his breath floated across the limo to her nose and she smiled. He smelled like cinnamon and she bet he had a bite to him just like cinnamon did. “I hope to get to know all about you Evangeline.”
“If you play you’re cards right.”
“Oh I know I will, I’m a kind of card player if you get my drift.” He said twisting his head to the side his dread locks coming round his shoulders.

Evangeline reached out and touched his hair, “How long have you been growing these out?”
“Fifteen years.” He said watching her delicate hand play in his hair.
“Wow…That’s a long time.”
“It is, when I make a commitment to something I tend to stick to it.” He said softly.
Evangeline looked into his eyes seeing her reflection staring back at her and let the corner of the left side of her lips curl up. The car came to a slow stop and they heard the driver get out and come around opening their door. “It looks like we’re here.” He said keeping his eyes trained on hers.

“That it is…” She said moving across the seat as RJ did the same. She extended her hand out to him and RJ took it pulling her from the limo. They linked arms as they walked up to the Cuban inspired restaurant. She was taken a back from the white building with high yellow lights that cascaded across the front of the building onto the ground. The name of the restaurant was highlight in neon blue lights and flashed over head illuminating the customers as they crossed the threshold.

RJ walked up to the host and gave him his name and they were immediately seated in a private table in the corner of the restaurant. She scooted around the corner booth and crossed her legs as she rested her purse next to her. RJ ordered for them both and water was brought out, “What would you like to drink?” He asked getting her attention.

Evangeline turned still stunned from the interior of the restaurant. It was magnificent classy, yet understated. She ran her hands along the soft linen of the tablecloth. She’d never been in a restaurant of this stature before and was quiet impressed with his taste. “A martini extra dry three olives.”

RJ relayed the drink order to the waiter in Spanish and Evangeline smiled at his command of the langue, “You speak Spanish too...”
“Si…” He said with a laugh.
“Impressive, what else do I need to know about you Mr. Gannon?”
“Nothing else really. I’m a normal guy in real estate…that’s about it.”
“If you don’t mind me saying you must be quiet wealthy to be able to afford a place like this.”

“You speak your mind Evangeline. Whatever you want to say is fine with me and yes indeed I do, do very well for myself.”
“Nice…” she said nodding her head, “So what did you order for us?”
“The house special of course.”
“Which is?”
“Don’t worry, trust me.”
“I don’t know you yet…” She said twisting her finger in her hair.
“That doesn’t mean you can’t trust me. I trust you…there’s just something about you that lets me know that you’re to be trusted.”
“Why thank you RJ, now about our dinner…”

RJ laughed as she came back to the wondering what was for dinner, “Don’t worry about that. You’ll like it.”
“Are you sure about that?’
“I’m as sure about you liking what I’ve ordered as you having lunch with me at the hotel pool tomorrow.”
“Mr. Gannon you sure are presumptuous in your notions about my availability.”
“I took the liberties of finding out about the conference you’re here for.”
She stared at him shocked, “Okay…”
“Well it appears that your conference is ending early tomorrow for a series of team building activities. You my dear don’t appear to be the team building type, so I assume you’re free.”
“For once tonight your assumption about me is right on.” She laughed.
“Well then I’m also guessing that you’re going to be joining me for lunch at the pool say around twelve thirty?”
“I’ll have to think about it.”
“Why’s that?” he asked moving into her space.
“I want to see how tonight goes.”
“One of the best ones of your life.” He whispered.

Evangeline lowered her gaze as his hand found her knee and gently pushed her dress back and he ran the tips of his fingers over her upper leg and thigh. “Well see about that.” She said seductively putting her hand over his. RJ moved closer inhaling that soft French scent she wore and sighed softly. She laughed inside, damn this was going to be easier than she thought.

~

“How’d it go?” West asked as Thomas pushed open the door to their suite.
“She disappeared on me.” He said throwing his keys across the table and flopping down on the couch next to his friend.
“What do you mean she disappeared? Man I gave you the perfect in and she was feeling me!”

“Bull shit!” Thomas shot rolling his eyes.
“Oh come on John you and I both know she was totally checking me out.”
“Come again West dear friend. She was checking me out when she was being oh so flirty with your sorry ass.”

West scoffed as he rose and went to get another beer from the bucket he had brought up. Throwing one to John he flopped back down on the couch kicking his feet up in the air, “So besides this broad how was your meeting with RJ.”
“I took him for some money earlier in the evening. I assume he’s going to be looking for me later.” John said drinking down his beer.
“The man likes his money and some strange dude taking it isn’t going to be pretty.”

“Well our mystery woman sure as hell distracted him long enough for him to forget about the dough I took from him at the poker table.”
“I bet he wasn’t please about that?” West asked drinking down his beer.
“He got over it pretty quickly actually. I mean when she crossed his path he was a goner”
“She was a damn fine woman. If you hadn’t seen her before me, we’d be fighting for her right now.”
“I don’t want her like that man. I want to know what she has on RJ.”
“Why do you think she has anything? I mean from the way you spoke she just met him today.”
“No no man….” John said shaking his head running his fingers through his hair. He stood up pacing back and forth, “She knew how to get to him.”
“Shit she’s a fucking hot woman of course she knew how to get to him!”
“No man that’s not what I meant. I mean the way she treated you when you approached her was completely different from the way she treated RJ when he approached her, completely different.” He said closing his eyes and replaying what he saw between this woman and RJ.

“Did you get a name man?” John asked looking back at his best friend. “Dude West I’m talking to you man!”
“What! The game’s on, what do you want?” He asked annoyed.
“I asked if you got her name.”
“She wasn’t giving it up man. Didn’t give anything up actually, but she was eyeing me.”
“I saw what she was doing and it wasn’t checkin your sorry ass out!” he shot with a laugh, “She was reading you.”
“Come again”

“She was reading you man…why I don’t know.”
“She was trying to see if I was for real, there’s nothing wrong with that. Women have to do that in this day in age.”
John shook his head as he rubbed his face, “It was more than that…”he mumbled as he drank down the rest of his beer. “I’m going to get a shower and head to bed.”
“So early?” West asked.
“Yeah, it’s been a long day following that jackass around. All you had to do today was play the girl which wasn’t in our game plan initially.”
“No she wasn’t so what do we do about her?”
“Nothing…” John said waving him off, “Nothing at all…” he mumbled heading to the shower.

~

Evangeline sat on the lounge chair by the pool sunning herself and waiting for RJ to join her for lunch. They had a fantastic time last night and she couldn’t wait to see him again. He wasn’t like she thought he would be. He was actually a nice guy but from the information that Antonio dug up on him he was a greedy human being and she wanted nothing more to rid him of his greed.

She pulled her shades down to block her eyes from the bright sun light and closed them as the sun warmed her body. Sitting on the lounge chair in her two piece string blue bikini she had one leg bent and her arms raised above her head. This was the life, hanging out by day at the pool and at night with mysterious, dark, and dangerous men.

“Excuse me…” She said when she felt someone cross her path and block the sun from warming her body.
“You owe me eleven dollars.” John said hovering over her. He was dressed in a white tank top and long navy blue swim trunks. His hair was slicked back and held away from his face with a pair of sunglasses.

Evangeline sat up pushing her shades from her eyes and glared at the man before her. She could barely see him the sun outlining his masculine form and she felt her stomach flip flop from his existence. She tilted her head to the side eyeing him from head to beautiful toe. If this guy wasn’t a God she didn’t know what one was.

“Excuse me!” she snapped.
“You heard me, I didn’t stammer. You owe me eleven dollars for your drinks last night.”
“I thought you where buying me a drink.” She said with a smirk as she pushed up on her elbows.
“Whatever gave you that impression?” John sat down in the lounge chair next to her sitting sideways in the chair he stared her down.

Evangeline scooped her legs across the lounge chair her sarong going with her. She crossed her legs setting her arms over them and tilted her head to the side. He got a better view of her beauty than last night and felt his heart start to race. He now understood why RJ up and left a poker table to go and talk with her. “You were eyeing me.” She said with a smile looking him up and down.

John felt his heart race as she continued to let her eyes travel slowly, seductively over his firm body. “I was doing no such thing.” He said in a firm tone, “The only way you would think I was doing that is if you were checking me out.” He said leaning forward.
“If I was?” She asked countering him, his devilish blue eyes penetrating her innocent appearing brown ones.

“I would have to call you on that, that’s all..” he said nonchalantly and leaned back in the seat kicking his feet up in the lounge chair, “Now about that eleven dollars.”
Evangeline huffed and fished for her purse. She pulled out some cash and threw it across him. John laughed as he picked up the money and shoved it into his pocket. “Thanks…”
“You’re welcome now do you mind I was enjoying my time by the pool until I was so rudely interrupted.”

“By whom?” he asked looking over at her. He rolled onto his side propping his head up on his bent elbow taking in her sun kissed skin. Evangeline looked over and then cut her eyes from him, “You.” She stated sitting back in her chair.
“Ouch I’m sorry… I would think you would be happy to see me.”
“Why is that?” she asked slightly annoyed.
“Like I stated before Ms…”
“Kramer.” She said rolling her eyes.
“Ms. Kramer, like I said I saw you checking me out in the bar yesterday. It’s hard to miss a very beautiful woman admiring me from behind.”
Evangeline smiled at his comment and turned her head to look at him, “Thank you Mr…”
“Johnson.”
“Johnson?” She asked confused.

That is my name, is there something wrong with that?”
“Oh no, not at all…” She shook her head as she laughed softly to herself.
“Good.” He said sitting back down on the lounge chair, “So what brings you to Miami.”

“I don’t remember asking you that question, so why you think you can invade my personal life is beyond me.” She snapped.
“That’s not what I was doing…I feel hurt by that statement.” John said touching his chest and sitting all the way up.
Evangeline turned and sat up as well, “Oh did I hurt the poor boy’s feelings.” She state with mock sympathy.
“Damn woman… You’re cold.”
She rolled her eyes and scoffed, “Only to those that can’t take a hint.”
“A hint…” John stated.
“Yes, it’s something that women like myself give men like you when they want to be left alone.”
“Alone? Why didn’t you just say that? I mean you were and are still engaging me in a friendly conversation.”
“Not by choice.” She shot. Finally annoyed by his annoying questions Evangeline stood up grabbed her towel and purse and walked away from him to the other side of the pool.

John watched her go curious, intrigued even by her sudden departure from their conversation. She left almost as quickly as she left last night. He should have asked where she disappeared too last night but thought he should keep his mouth shut at least for the time being.

He watched her move to the other side of the pool and take another seat almost across from him and smiled. Evangeline shook her head as she relaxed in the lounge chair positioning herself so that her body could be glistened by the sun.

RJ rounded the corner to the pool and saw her beautiful form spread out across the lounge chair and rubbed his face. She was magnificent…

He walked up to her and stood blocking the sun from her body. Evangeline sat up frustrated thinking it was her blue eyed devil and frowned, “What the hell… Don’t you un…” She stated as she opened her eyes and pushed her shades from her face.

“Understand?” RJ asked tilting his head to the side his dreads falling around his shoulders. Evangeline rose up slowly embarrassed from her mini outburst and stood in front of her dark prince.

RJ was dressed in a white linen shirt and pants the shirt had an open collar revealing his dark muscular chest small hairs peeking out from it. He had on a pair of Dolce sunglasses and wore brown sandals. His hands were in his pocket as he as he stared openly at the cleavage her bikini created. Licking his lower lip he reached for her hand and kissed it softly, “Join me…”

Evangeline looked across the pool and saw that her mystery man had sat up and was staring at them from the end of his lounge chair. She nodded her head and took his hand into hers as he led them to a small private table a ways from the prying eyes of the guests of the pool.

He pulled out her chair and kissed her bare shoulder before walking over to sit across from her. She sat crossed legged in the chair shaded by the oversize umbrella and picked up the daiquiri that sat across from her, “Strawberry?” She questioned taking a sip of it.
“Strawberry melon…” he said with a smile.
“Yummy…”

“Good, thought you might like it. So last night.”
“Was good.”
“Just good?” he asked with a smirk as he reclined in his seat.
“Well I didn’t want to say it was the best night of my life or anything like that!” She said laughing.
“And why not if it’s the truth?”
“Okay okay…”She relented, “It was the best night of my life.”

“Well that is amazing to hear.”
Evangeline looked at him with a raised eyebrow his comment not what she expected to hear. Did he not have fun as well, “What about you?”
“It was good.” He joked.
Evangeline laughed rolling her eyes and dug into the fruit bowl that was brought over a few moments before. She sucked on a piece of pineapple the juice trickling down her chin and she laughed softly as she wiped it clean. “This is outstanding…”

“Some of the best fruit in the country.”
“I see…” She said eating an orange and then a piece of honey dew melon. “What would you like for lunch?”
“What you didn’t order for me?” She joked folding her arms across her chest.
RJ’s lips curled into a dangerous smile as he shook his head, “No not today.”
“Is there a menu?”
“Order whatever you feel like.”
“Whatever I feel like?”
“Yes…”
“Okay then…”

John watched their friendly interaction and frowned. She was already too close to him for her own good. Rising from his seat he crossed the pool taking in the beach babes that fawned over him openly. Right now he only had one woman set in his mind, Ms. Kramer. Approaching the table John pushed his shades from his eyes and smiled at the both of them, “Excuse the interruption.”

Evangeline looked up and then cut her eyes from him, “Mr. Johnson…” RJ said rising from his seat and shaking his hand, “Come to clean me out again?”
John laughed as he slipped his hands back into his pockets, “No, not at all. I saw you over here and just wanted to say hello. Maybe ask you and your companion out to dinner this evening if you’re not busy.”

RJ looked over at Evangeline and then back at John, “I would like that, Evangeline?” He asked leaning in forward. John took a mental note of her name as he watched the two of them interact.

“Actually I already had dinner plans.”
“You did?” RJ asked surprised.
“Yes I was going to ask you to join me this evening for dinner.” She said reaching across the table and taking his hand.

John felt a pang of jealous at her small maneuver and shifted on his feet. “I didn’t mean to interfere in your dinner plans. I just thought that I could take the winnings I earned from our poker game to buy you dinner.”
RJ looked at Evangeline with hope felt eyes, and she looked back at him and rolled hers, “Fine…” She said annoyed.

John smirked and then quickly let it fade away as RJ turned his gaze back to him, “Great I’ll leave the name and time at the desk for you Evangeline is it?” He asked with a hint of mock in his voice.
She looked up at him and smirked, “Yeah, that’s fine…”
“Wonderful I look forward to dining with you two this evening… ” John nodded and turned to leave.

Evangeline looked after him and cut her eyes before flipping her hair and staring at RJ, “Why did you do that. I don’t want to eat dinner with that ass.”
RJ started at her confused, “Excuse me. You don’t even know him.”
“He seems like a cocky arrogant son of a bitch.”
“You got all that from a few words?”
“Yes and no. He’s a dip shit and I don’t want anything to do with him.”
“Well do dinner and dessert back in my place…”
Evangeline smiled and sat up in her chair, “you’ve got yourself a deal Mr. Gannon.” She said shaking his hand.

RJ laughed softly as they relaxed in the sun enjoying a friendly and sensual lunch. John watched from the balcony of the restaurant trying to figure out the best way to get to her. She was the in he needed to get to RJ. The only problem was she wanted nothing to do with him. At dinner that would change, she would see him in a different light after they enjoyed a nice relaxing dinner for three that would turn into a dinner for two.