Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 3
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 3] Printer Chapter or Story

ePub eBook Chapter or Story


This Has been viewed 3443 times



Click here to darken the background



The Gala was about over. John had gotten the key from Natalie; it was a long time coming. He was waiting for the word to come for a search warrant. This nightmare would soon be over.

Something was wrong. First John just put it off to finally getting justice for his father’s murder, but that turned out not to be it. Blair was safe she left using a call from Starr to get out of Spencer’s reach. Officers had Spencer in their sites. He was going nowhere.

However, that was not it. It was more; it was nagging and gnawing at him. John felt uneasy and it made him upset even more.

John scanned the room, his eyes caught her, and he was taken back to a moment in time he will not soon forget.

He heard the words repeatedly in his head ‘Come on Lt. I’m harmless’. He looked at her. John tried to shake it off but damn she was beautiful.

It had been a while but in his heart, it felt like just yesterday. John watched Evangeline with Christian and they were smiling, hugging, and laughing.

It had been a while since he laughed like that or felt that good. Inside he was jealous of Christian’s hands. Christian touched her so intimately, so tenderly, with so much care. John knew how tender and wonderful it was to touch her.

John remembered the time they spent many hours and days making love and it melted him. No matter what was going on they both devoured each other in passion, sweat, and longing. How could he just close his mind and heart to this woman? Evangeline was more than his friend and she only wanted the best for him. She cared more for him than for herself at times.


Yes, his anger boiled over and it spilled out like a fountain. John held himself down. Christian had his hands on the small of her back, a place he knew intimately.

Before John knew it, he was closing the distance to this woman. He could not stop himself. Nothing was going to stop him this time, nothing and no one. John moved as if his life depended on it.

Then suddenly he froze. How could he? He had not even gone to see her in the hospital. He was parading Natalie around town and pretending to be in a good relationship. John knew it was a lie but he was a coward and could not tell Natalie.

John cursed himself for being a coward. He could do the job but as far as living life, he failed. He failed Evangeline, now what gave him the right to even say her name.

As he stood, there he saw Christian whisper in her ear and she smiled slyly and nodded as if in agreement. With that, they turned to leave. Evangeline looked back and saw John standing and she smiled at him and mouthed ‘hey you’.

It was all said in her eyes. John knew he had not lost their friendship and he would start there to getting her back in his life. John turned to go back and stopped.

He thought to himself ‘You might have been blind but now I can see.’ With that, thought John smiled slyly and knew it was time to get her back.

As he turned to go back there stood Christian
'Oh no'......... he thought to himself but with that John smiled knowing it is on now.