Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 1
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

ePub eBook Chapter or Story


This Has been viewed 1632 times



Click here to darken the background



It was one of those days in the city of movie stars, lights, cameras and the wealth. This town was starting to wear on me but I couldn’t help but stay here. There was something about the people in this city that just made it truly come alive; from the bums on the streets, to the rich and famous speeding down the streets to the kids that played on the street corners. I’d been in L.A for the past five years, needed a change of scenery after living in the windy city of Chicago all my life. Now I’m here and loving it, but right now, right now it’s the worst time of my life.

I stare out the window of my office staring into the glamour that is Los Angeles and contemplate what it all means. Why am I here beside the obvious to make money, but why am I here in this town in this office in this chair right now? What is it about this god awful city that keeps me so captivated by it’s beauty and prestige. I need to move, I need a change of scenery but something is holding me back from that reality.

I turn around drawing my attention to my ringing phone and slowly answer it. It seems as if my secretary wanted to take the day off and neglected to call me, “McBain Investigations…” I say slowly rubbing my face.

That’s right I’m a private investigator if you want you can call me a private dick, I don’t mind. Actually I find it entertaining and actually prefer it. Weird huh? I listen to the lady on the other end ramble on and on endlessly about her lying, bastard of a husband. She apparently suspects that he’s cheating on her with the hooker of a nanny they hired not to long ago.

I can feel my self drifting from the conversation, I’m sick and tired of chasing these ass holes down and taking compromising pictures of them. I want some excitement in my life and doing this has become so damn redundant I don’t even need to pay attention to what she’s actually saying. I know the story, hell I lived the story she’s rattling on and on about.

Taking notes I try and bring my attention back to the present, to this bitch of a wife that sounds like if I was married to her fat ass I’d be cheating with the hooker nanny too. A smirk crosses my lips at the idea, I was never the cheating type but if I ever married someone like this so help me it would, should be put in the prenup that I could have an extra martial affair every year at the least.

I tell the woman that my secretary is out of the office today and I have no clue where anything is in my own office. She blows out a frustrated sigh and says she’ll call back tomorrow when I can find the contract and the prices of my services. How do I not know how much I charge! Shit, I should find that out before I take another case.

Hanging up the phone I lean back in my chair and spin around to look out the dust covered window that showcases all of the hopes and dreams that have been dashed from one aspiring actor to the next. I’m glad I never had the desire or the skill to want to act, direct or any of that shit.

I hear the door open behind me and I don’t feel the need to turn around and see who’s coming into my oh so lovely office. That’s sarcasm, get used to it, because it’s how I speak. I hear the click of high heels on the old hard wood floor. It’s stained with coffee, eraser shavings, white out, and whatever else my clumsy ass has dropped on it without cleaning it up.

She doesn’t speak but the faint scent of Chanel in the air let’s me know it’s someone from my mom’s generation. The walking slows and then stops and she places her hands firmly on the desk, “You going to turn around or just start out that filthy window.” She said with a deep voice that comes floating into my ears.

I smirk at the voice, I’d know that voice anywhere. “Nora Hannen…” I said turning around slowly and leaning back in the wooden chair that I decorated my office with. It’s an old chair, one of those that if you lean back too far you’ll fall hard on your ass and most likely break the damn chair. “What brings you by?”

I admired the woman that she’s become and can’t help but think if I was just ten years older then I would be more interested in her than I should. Hell she helped raise me, I shouldn’t be having dirty fantasies of my old babysitter. She pulls her mink stole from around her shoulders the big sunglasses covering her eyes hides the reason she’s most likely here.

Nora takes a seat and crosses her long legs. Her red skirt moves up her toned legs as she unbuttons her red blazer and pulls her shades from her eyes. I frown seeing the bruise that she’s trying to hide with a cakes of makeup and it causes me to stand, “Sit!” she said holding her hand up.

I hesitate but then sit back down, “What’s that.”
“It’s not why I’m here Johnny.”
I shake my head Nora and my mom are the only ones that I allow to call me that. It makes me sound like I’m still six and wetting the bed, but that’s a story for another day and time. “Why are you here?” I asked trying to read her face.

Nora’s eyes wonder the room taking in the simplicity of my office. It’s not much but it gets me by. I watch her closely waiting for her to speak, “Nora?” I asked trying to draw her attention back to me.
She smiles and then shifts in her seat, “What’s going on with you Nora?” I asked softly.
“Spencer….” She states coldly.

I feel my stomach tighten and my brow starts to sweat. The name of that man just goats me and causes me to tighten my hands into fists. “What about him?” I ask in a gruff tone. She lets out a soft laugh, she knows how much I despise the man she’s married.
“First off, no he didn’t do this. Secondly do you need some work?”

My ears perk up with the sound of work, “Work?”
“Yeah you know that thing where you follow people and I pay you for it.”
“He’s cheating?”
“I don’t know!” she snaps standing up and throwing her purse into the similar chair that sat next to her. Nora paces the room rubbing her hands along her thighs and I watch her, again waiting for her to speak. Patience was something I had to learn after leaving Chicago. “Nora…” I say trying to get her to speak more.

Nora stops at the door and puts her hand against it. She peers out into the small lobby of my office, “You’re not doing so well here Johnny…” She says looking at me over her shoulder. I roll my eyes, I know these things and I don’t need her pointing them out. Yes business is slow, but when I get business it’s steady and brings in a lot of income for me.

She turns around and rests her back against the door. I walk around and sit on the edge of the seat she was once occupying. “What do you want?”
“I’m filming a movie in the hills.”
“Really?” I asked surprised.
She smiles, “Yes Johnny…After Hank died he left he his production company. This is one of the first productions that I’ve started up since then.”
“Let me guess you want me to follow Spencer…” I say rolling my eyes and folding my arms across my chest.

She smiles and nods her head, “I don’t know what it is, who it is but I have a feeling that he’s doing something behind my back.”
“Like…” I wonder tilting my head to the side.

She rolls her eyes, “I… shit…” She runs her hands through her short cropped red hair and shakes it out. “I just don’t know… Call it women’s intuition okay! But he’s doing something and I want to know what.”
“You want me to follow your husband of how many months now?”
“Six and yes.” She walks towards me and sits down in the chair next to me. I look over at her and smile, “Will you do it?”

I look down at her and turn on the edge of the desk, “No…” I say with resolve.
“Johnny, for me. Plus you get to hang out on a movie set for as long as it takes for you to find something.”
“A movie set huh?” I wonder aloud as I rub the goatee on my face. I smile and stand up, “I don’t know if there is any thing that I can find out that you can’t.”
“Oh trust me, two of the women he dated before me are in this movie.”

“And why is that?” I question. What woman in their right mind hires two women that their newlywed of a husband has had a relationship with.
“Why is what?”
“Why did you hire those women?”
“I had too, they were the best for the parts Johnny. Can you not question my motives please. I just want you to investigate my husband and then tell me what you’ve found.”

“Nora…”
“Don’t Nora me Johnny! You know you want to do this! Not only do you get to hang out on a movie set, you get to hang out with movie stars and get paid to do it. I’ll double your salary Johnny, plus pay for any new equipment you want to get and your expenses.” She said her legs crossed and a warm smile staring back at me.

I contemplate everything that’s she’s told me and then move back to my desk. I pull out a note pad and ask her to tell me Spencer’s daily schedule. In the middle of it I set the pen down and look up at her confused, “Doesn’t Spencer know who I am?”
“No he doesn’t…” She mumbles scratching her head. She fluffs her hair up to give it more body and then looks at me, “You’ll come in as a screen writer that I’m thinking of working with. You want to see how the process goes, that will give you full access to everything Spencer has.”
“And the two woman that he’s had a relationship with.”
“Well the one, I’m not so sure. She’s the star of the movie. The amazing Evangeline Williamson. You know her?”

I can see the trade papers out of the corner of my eye. I push the manila folder to hide them, that’s my dirty little secret reading those and following the entertainment shows. Yeah I’m obsessed with the ins and outs of the celebrity lifestyle, I envy it actually.

I nod my head and smile, “I’ve heard of her.”
Nora’s face turns into a big smile and she lets out a hearty laugh, “Johnny… Johnny… Johnny…” She says shaking her head, “Everyone has heard of her I’m sure you’re just being I don’t know…modest?”
“Modest!” I laugh and roll my eyes, “Yeah I know who she is, who’s the other one?”

I can see her teeth grinding in her mouth her eyes glaze over as a heated glare comes to the forefront. I’ve hit a damn nerve and it’s probably one I should steer clear of. “Blair Kramer.” She hisses. The cold way she speaks the woman’s name turns my insides.

“Okay…” I mumble. I won’t even go into details about this one. It’s obvious that Blair Kramer, the infamous character actress evidently has rubbed Nora the wrong way.

Her hands are tight around her black purse and I can see the tiny vein in her neck throbbing. She hated the woman that was clear, she used to get the same look on her face whenever I would do something wrong, “I take it she’s our number one suspect?” I question with hesitancy in my voice.

She looks up at me and relaxes her hands, “Yeah. Listen, here’s a pass to park. I’ll put your name on the list so you can get into the studio parking lot. You’ll need some kind of id as well. Be there at seven sharp. I’ll show you around and introduce you to some of the people that you may need to talk to.”

I stifle a yawn, it’s been a long day staring out the window, “Is this what you really want Nora.”
She stands to leave and opens her purse. Throwing a check on to my desk she grabs her mink stole before putting her sunglasses back on. “That should get you started.” I take that as the answer to my question.

Nora turns to leave the sound of her heels dissipating into the hallway. I grab the check and rub my face, she’s serious about this. This check is for nearly three times what I think I get. Shaking my head I go back over the notes that I took as she talked. It appears as if I’m going to Hollywood.

~

“Where the hell is she!” Spencer snapped throwing papers up in the air. They flew down around him as he stepped away from the mess he created and the camera he had been sitting behind. “I want her in front of me in five minuets or she’s fired!” he yelled to the other cast and crew that peppered the sound stage.

“You! YOU!” He screamed, “You’re her gofer, aren’t you.” He hissed pointing at the girl with fake fiery red hair. He stomped over to her, his headset yanking him backwards. He pulled them off and threw them to the ground and cut his eyes at the smirks and soft sounds of laughter he heard even in the rafters.

The girl huddled near the craft services table turned slowly as she heard his yelling and carrying on coming towards her. She put down the powdered donut and wiped her hands on her black pants, “Shit…” She mumbled trying to dust of powder from her pants. He hovered over her, glaring at the young woman. “Yes sir?” She said looking up at him, her knees shaking.

“Where is your boss…” He hissed glaring at her.
“Her trailer.” She mumbled looking down at the ground.
“Get her!” He snapped and then snatched the coffee that was in her other hand.
“Yes sir…” She turned and rushed off the back of the sound stage and headed towards the trailers that lined the back of the studio.

“What is her name?” Spencer asked annoyed as he watched the girl disappear from his view.
“Natalie Balsom sir…” His own personal assistant said as he followed Spencer around trying to keep him from strangling himself in the wires.
“Fire her!” He snapped walking back to the camera and talking with a cameraman.
“Uhh… Sir….” He hesitantly, “We can’t do that. She’s the bosses niece.” He said with his head down.
“Fine, but keep her out of my damn hair. If I see her fat ass around me again it will be your job not hers that’s in jeopardy.”

His personal assistant swallowed hard and then wiped his brow. He’d been in this job for the past week and has been threatened to be canned since the second day of his employment.

Natalie rushed off towards her bosses trailer. Outside it was starting to rain and that meant trouble. It most likely meant why Evangeline hadn’t left her trailer yet. She hated rain and to get wet, the damn prima donna. Thought she would melt if she got wet! Rolling her eyes she stood in the drizzle and knocked on the double wide trailer. It was the largest one on the lot next to Spencer’s that is. She waited and then rolled her eyes again when she didn’t answer. Knocking on the door again it finally flew open with her prima donna of a boss glaring at her, “What!” she snapped.

Natalie lowered her head her fake red hair stuck to her face as she wiped her hands on her pants. “You’re needed on set, Miss…” She mumbled. Evangeline rolled her eyes and blew out a deep breath as she turned on her heels and walked into the trailer. Natalie sighed and climbed the rest of the stairs to the trailer stepping in. “Wipe your feet!” She snapped as Natalie tried to trance into the all white trailer.

Evangeline fell against her white sofa her furry toed white sandals came up on the end of it, “Tell Spencer I’m just not feeling it today… maybe tomorrow.” She said throwing her hand over her eyes shielding them from the dim light that lit her trailer.
Natalie walked over to her slowly, “You want me….” She stammered pointing to herself, “He’ll hurt me.”

Evangeline let out a deep belly laugh and pulled her hand from her eyes. She sat up her white silk robe with a fur lining flew around her body that was also covered in a white silk nightgown. “He will do no such thing.” She said dismissively. Standing she sashayed slowly down her trailer and sat down in front of her vanity as she brushed her hair slowly.

“Ma’am we’re already a half hour late.”
Evangeline looked up at her in the mirror and smirked. She turned around on the stool crossing her arms and legs and tilted her head to the side, “Does it look like I care. I’m the star of this production and I will tell you when I’m ready and when I’m not!” she hissed glaring at assistant.

“But…”
“You’re doing this!” She said making her hand move up and down like a pac-man, “And I want you to do this.” She said snapping her hand shut and staring at her. “Now I want you to listen, not that thing you do when you think I think you’re listening, I actually want you to listen!”
“Yes…” She said softly staring down at her feet.

“I am in no mood to act today and not for that man! You go back and tell him that I want nothing to do with him or this little production today! I’m tired…” She said walking back over to the couch and resting on it, “Do you not get that?”
“I do…I’ll try ma’am.”

“There’s no trying!” She said annoyed, “Either you do or I find someone else to take your position. You are quite replaceable mind you…”
Natalie turned on her heels and quickly walked out of the trailer. Why she put up with the women was beyond her. She was one of the biggest bitches in Hollywood, but then again she had every right to be.

~

“Johnny!” Nora said walking around her desk and hugging her friend.
“Hi Nora…” John said pulling out of the embrace and looking around the office of hers that sat on the lot. “Nice office.”
“Oh this is just the small one, I have a bigger one upstairs. I use this one when we’re in production.”

John walked around with his hands in his pockets taking in everything of the office. It was decorated in a soft buttery yellow color with light wood trim. The walls were plastered in either movies the production company produced or covered in pictures of the stars that stared in the films. He smirked at the picture of Evangeline Williamson hugging Nora and her then fiancé. “So that’s Spencer?” he asked nodding at the picture.

Nora walked over, her hair tucked behind both of her ears. She had on a pale blue skirt suit with a cream color blouse underneath it. Her heels clicked on the marble floor as she headed to where John stood, “That’s him…” She said with annoyance in her voice, “I’ve gotten a copy of his schedule from his Personal Assistant.” She handed John the schedule and he looked down at it.

“You’re kidding me right?”
“What?” She questioned looking over his shoulder. “That’s right, is there something wrong with it?”
“No…it’s just he has everything single laid out like it’s his life line or something.”
“It is… We life and die by the schedule here. Get used to it. Because you’ll be on that until I’m satisfied with what you bring me.”
“Yes ma’am!” He said saluting her jokingly.
Nora rolled her eyes and grabbed John’s arm, “Come with me. I’ll show you around and introduce.”

He nodded and slipped his arm into hers. They walked out of her office and John heard the soft deep voice of a familiar voice. “BO!” Nora called with a smile on her lips. John looked over at her and raised an eyebrow, that was an unusual way to call someone.

Nora let go of John’s hand and walked straight over to Bo. He turned with a warm smile on his face and opened his arms. She hugged him tightly and kissed him gently on the cheek. “How are you…” She whispered into her ear as she rubbed his back.
“I’m good how are you?” He questioned squeezing her tightly.
“Perfect now that you’re here.” She said pulling back. Nora turned and waved John over. He came over with a weary smile on his face and stared at Bo confused.

He knew this man but couldn’t place him, “John McBain…” he said extending his hand to the stately man that still had his arm around Nora.

Nora pulled free seeing John’s eyes travel over the both of them and straightened her suit jacket, “Yes John McBain, Bo Buchanan. He’s the producer on this lovely production.”
“A pleasure.” Bo said shaking his hand. “What brings you out here?”
“Well John is thinking of writing a screenplay. He knew I was in the film business and wanted to see how things were done around the movie studio.” Nora said trying to cover for him.

“That’s about right.” John said sliding his hands into his pocket and rocking back and forth.
“Well let me know what I can do to help ya out. I know what’s it like to be up and coming in this type of business.” He said with a warm smile.
“I may take you up on that.” John said with a hint of thanks in his voice.
“We were just on our way to the lot.”
“Wonderful I’ll walk with you.”
“You’re going?” Nora asked Bo as they headed towards the elevators in the building.

“Of course there seems to be a problem with your starlet.”
Nora laughed and John looked over at her confused, “I don’t understand…”
“You will once you meet her.”
“Who’s her?” John asked as the elevator doors opened up and they all got off.
“Our starlet of course Evangeline!” Bo said throwing his hands up in the arm and laughing softly.

~

He was decked out in a smokers jacket, a fake pipe in his mouth and cashmere house slippers. I eyed him as soon as we walked through the door and knew exactly who this man was. The star of the show, Mr. Hugh Hughes. Who on earth names their child that! It has to be a stage name. I think to myself.

I listen as Nora and Bo chatter on about production business. I try to listen or to at least act like I’m listening as Bo talks about something related to writing screenplays. I give him a head nod signaling that I understand what he’s saying but my focus is trained on Hugh Hughes.

He appears to be running lines with a Nubian princess. He keeps licking his lips and moving in closer and she isn’t keeping him in line. His hand inches over her knee when he doesn’t think anyone is looking and she opens her legs a tiny bit allowing his hand to venture upwards up her thigh.

She smiles and flip her long black hair over her shoulder and flashes him a devious grin, obviously appreciating the oh so special attention he is giving her. “John!” I hear my name and my thoughts come back to the present and I turn and look towards where my name is being called.

I realize that I’ve drifted away from my escorts and they are now across the studio talking with another actress. I look up and nodded over to them that I’m on my way. As I cross the room I slid my hands into my pockets and stare at the beauty that’s before me. She flips her blonde hair around her shoulders, or would you say it’s brown. She has soft eyes that just call out to me and I smile.

The woman has her arms draped around Bo’s shoulders and she is nuzzling his neck kissing it softly over and over again. I hear her giggle and he smiles as he rubs her arm lovingly. Apparently I missed the memo where these two were an item. As I near Nora I can see the vein in her neck throbbing and she has even developed a new one since I’ve known her.

“Blair Kramer, I presume…” I say extending my hand.
She blushes and puts her hand to her chest. She’s nothing like the characters she plays, at least it doesn’t appear to be that way. She flashes her pearly white teeth at me and then pulls her hand from my grasp. Can I help it that I held her hand a little longer than possible? She’s definitely more radiant in person than the camera conveys. “John McBain.” I say touching my chest.

Nora looks at me and rolls her eyes. Apparently I have that star struck look in my eyes and it isn’t pleasing Bo at all. “John’s here working on a screenplay. I used to baby sit him.” She says rubbing my back. I wish she had left that part out. It’s bad enough that she probably changed my diaper but I don’t need her telling this to the most beautiful women I’ve ever seen.

I elbow Nora in the side and she cuts her eyes at me, “That was uncalled for Johnny.” She said flicking me in the arm. I rub the spot she hit, because it really did hurt. “Nora!”

“You need to learn to keep your mouth shut Johnny, I have stories to tell…” She said shaking her finger in my face.
I roll my eyes and then turn back to look at Blair, “How is your day going Ms. Kramer?”

Blair has now moved in front of Bo and takes his arms wrapping them around her lower waist. A move evidently not appreciated by Nora or Bo for that matter. He looks completely uncomfortable in this position and Nora keeps eyeing him up and down.

She folds her arms and blows out a deep huff, “We should be filming now, but that’s not going to happen until the starlet comes out of her trailer.”
Nora looks over her shoulder and then back at Blair, “Let me handle her…” She walks away leaving me with Bo and Blair and I rock back and forth on my heels.

“So who’s the girl with Hughes?” I ask nodding back toward where he sat with the black beauty.
Both Blair and Bo look over my shoulder at Hugh and the girl and then smile, “It appears Mr. Hughes doesn’t waste any time.” Blair snips.
I frown at the statement and she smirks at me, “That’s Evangeline’s understudy incase something tragic happens to her…” She says with a hint sarcasm and hostility in her voice. My ears perk up at the sound of that and I frown and rub my jaw. That sure as hell sounded like a backhanded comment if I’ve ever heard one.

I file the information away for later and then hear the clicking of feet across the concrete sound stage. “About damn time!” Spencer snaps as he comes across the floor in the opposite direction.

I turn around and feel as if my knees are about to give away. I thought Blair was beautiful but this woman, this woman there is no word to describe how beautiful she is. I feel my mouth going dry and try and stand up straighter. What the hell is my problem, she’s a damn celebrity I have no chance, not to mention I’m here to do a job.

“A job.” I mumble staring at the floor.
“What?” Bo questions looking over at me. I raise my head and shake it, “Nothing…nothing at all.”

She breezes past me and I turn on my heels watching her go towards Spencer. He walks over to her and snatches her by the upper arm. My initial reaction is to rush to her defense but before I can I feel a hand against my chest and then watch as her hand swings striking him hard in the face.

Spencer glares at her and then pulls her close. He whispers something into her face and she snatches her arm back, “Keep your fucking hands off me!” she screams before storming in the other direction.

I look over at Nora who had her hand against my chest and she shakes her head, “Excuse me.” She says going after her. Bo excuses himself as well and they both rush off after her. Blair saunters over to Spencer and he’s still fuming. His face is bright red and she slides her hand up and down his arm in a seductive move. Apparently I’ve found my culprit. I shake my head, she’s with him of course….

I turn and look at Evangeline who is in the corner with Nora her hands are flying up in the air and her hair is all over the place. Apparently she a little pissed off about something. I rub my face and turn heading towards where Hughes and the woman, Evangeline’s understudy sit. “Hello…” I extend my hand as Hugh looks me up and down.

When he doesn’t shake it I put it back into my pocket. “Ma’am…” I say politely. The princess rises and shakes my hand, “Layla Williams…” She said sweetly with a southern accent. Her voice is like a songbird and I smile at the polite way she greets me. “John McBain.” I say back kissing the top of her hand.

Hugh rises and I give him a wink as I lower Layla’s hand back to her side. Apparently he doesn’t much like me kissing his woman. I smirk as she inches closer to Hugh and he places his hand along her lower back. “Go practice.” Hugh says kissing her cheek and then patting her on the butt, something I think he would try to hide from me he doesn’t.

I turn and watch as she goes away and then turn back to Hugh. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Mr.Hughes.”
“Who are you!” He snaps rolling his eyes at me.
“I’m with Nora…” I counter my hands on my hips in my typical police stance, even though I’m not an officer any more.
“With Nora huh? I thought she was with Truman…” he says with raised eyebrows.

“I’m working on a screenplay actually. She was nice enough to show me around the studio. Told me to make myself at home and to ask whatever questions need be.”
He looks at Nora and I turn to see that she has walked away and Evangeline is standing in the corner her hair a mess. A hairdresser comes over as she stomps her foot signaling them.

Now is my opportunity to make my presence known. I turn back at Hugh and smirk, “A pleasure Mr. Hughes…” I said backing away and giving him a wink.

I turn and walk straight over to her. “Excuse me.” I mumbled looking at her in the mirror. Our eyes lock and I know she can feel it. Hell I even think I saw the sparks fly from both of our eyes back to each other. She averts her eyes and stares at the hairdresser and I try to hide the smile that wants to play on my lips.

“My name is John McBain. I just wanted to introduce myself. I’ll be wondering around here trying to figure out my screenplay.”
Her eyes light up and she pushes the hairdresser away. Turning in the director style chair she sat in she places her arm along the back of it. Extending her hand I bring her knuckles to my lips and kiss them gently, “It’s a pleasure Mr. McBain. Evangeline Williamson.” She says with a soft seductive smile.

The smokiness in her voice is an aphrodisiac and I feel my heart pick up a few beats. She smiles because I’m sure my face is bright red by now. “So you know Nora huh?” She questioned getting off her chair and sliding her hands onto her hips as she parts the silk robe she wears.

It’s obvious that they were going to be filming some sort of bedroom scene today. She was flawless and from her stance in front of me she wasn’t shy about it either. Her hair was like fine silk and I resisted the urge to touch it, to let it flow through my fingers. She had a presence that made you take notice. You knew when Evangeline Williamson was in a room and if you didn’t she made sure as hell that you paid for not knowing.

Cocking her head to the side I watch as her tongue slides out of her mouth and over her full pouty lips. She’s a goddess and she knows it. This type of women is something I’m not used too, she’s cocky, full of herself and most likely a bitch to anyone that doesn’t give her, her way.

I nod my head, “Known her my whole life.”
She looks around me and then back at me, “Good… Excuse me.”
Before I can say any more she walks around me and heads towards Hugh who is sitting in the bed on the sound stage.

~

“Can we talk.” Evangeline says coming up beside Hugh and talking softly to him.
“About?” he asks looking up at her.
“You and my sister.” She says looking around, “I don’t like you with her.”
“Layla’s a big girl she doesn’t need you to play mommy she has one.”

Evangeline lowers her face to the side of Hugh’s and whispers in his ear, “If you hurt her Hugh so help me, I’ll put an end to your career.”
“How!” He asks panicked.
“You forget you’re not the only one that knows what I look like underneath this robe.” She says softly before turning on her heels and walking away. Her robe flies behind her body as she goes and sits in her chair. Her name scribed along the back of it.

Evangeline cuts her eyes at Hugh and then flips her hair around her shoulders. Natalie standing in the corner moves slowly over to her boss and hands her an opened bottle of water, “You’re agent is here Ms. Williamson.” She said softly staring at the ground.
“Tell Clay I’ll talk with him after this scene.” She drinks some of the water and then shoves the bottle back into Natalie’s chest causing some of it splash all over her.

She cursed under her breath and Evangeline laughed softly, “Change I don’t want you walking around here like you pissed your pants!” She snapped walking away.

“Spencer!” She screams stomping away from her, “Are we just going to sit around here and waste money or shoot!” She snapped glaring at him.
Spencer smirked and slid his arm around her waist, “My dear.”
“Don’t my dear me.” She said pushing him away, “I want to get this show on the road. Nora isn’t paying me to sit on my ass and I sure as hell know she isn’t paying you to screw this production company over.” She said shedding her robe and crawling up into the bed.

Spencer narrowed his eyes on her and Evangeline gave him a “I dare you to say something” look that made his blood boil. He turned on his heels and she flipped her hair falling down into the bed. The hairdresser came over and fixed her hair and the lighting man came over setting the light to capture her radiance.

Hugh stood at the fake door that was along side the fake bedroom sound stage his pipe still in his mouth. Spencer climbed up into his director chair and called everyone around who were milling around the craft services table. “Okay let’s do a run through first and then we’ll go with it from there!” Spencer said waving his hand around signaling everyone to get ready.

“Evangeline ready.”
She raised her hand signaling she was ready, “Hugh?” Spencer said looking over at him. Hugh nodded and placed his hand on the door. Spencer signaled as the camera started rolling.

“Honey…” Hugh said walking into the room pulling the pipe from his mouth. He smiled and winked as he put the pipe onto the nightstand and pushed his smoking jacket from his body. He climbed into the bed and kissed her gently on the lips, “Wake up dear.” He said pushing her hair from her face.

Evangeline rolled over her eyes fluttering open as the camera zoomed in on her face. Hugh sat back and smiled at her, “You’ve been out for a while now… I was getting worried.” He said with a pout as he caressed the side of her face.

“Were you baby?” She asked softly.
“Of course, you’ve been sleeping for such a long time.”
Evangeline smiled and crawled onto his lap, “You sure you just weren’t worried that I would wake up?”

The cameraman panned around at Spencer’s command and zoomed in on both of their faces. John watched the scene play out on the monitor in front of him with Nora and Bo by his side.

Hugh stared at her confused, “Whatever do you mean dear?”
Evangeline reached over and pulled the cup of tea from her nightstand, “Tea dear?”
Hugh took the cup and saucer and held it in his hands, “Drink up, it’s your special blend that you make me.” She said eyeing him up and down.
“Not thirsty….” He said passing it back to her.
“Are you sure?” She said sweetly pushing the cup and saucer into his chest, “Drink up. It will help you sleep a very long time.”

Hugh put the cup to his lips and took a fake sip. “Oh no, drink up.”
“No…” He said pulling the cup from his lips. Evangeline took the cup and saucer from his hands, “Is it cold would you like me to warm it up?”

Hugh shook his head as the camera zoomed in on her face. She wore a devious grin on her lips and her eyes were moving back and forth staring at Hugh. The camera cut back to Hugh and you could see him swallow and then shift. His brow started to sweat, “What is it you know?”

She set the cup down and then turned back around, “Is there something you want to confess?” She asked sweetly.
“No…”
“Are you sure? You mean you don’t want to confess that you’ve been sleeping with my best friend!” She snapped the camera zoomed in on her face and held it still.

“CUT!” Spencer yelled.
Evangeline turned and glared, “What the hell why did you cut!” She snapped her hands in tight fists.
“I need to readjust something.” He mumbled walking back to her, “Okay Hugh, this is the part where you get into your wife’s face and you start to threaten her.”
“I know Spencer.” He said rolling his eyes.
“I’m glad but I want it to be real. She is going to threaten everything you hold dear and I want you to really go at her. Make it as real as possible.”
He nodded and folded his arms over his chest.

“Am I getting through to you Hughes! Your character Josh just realized that she’s going to take everything that he’s worked hard for all because she thinks he’s having an affair. You have to go at her.” He said walking over to Evangeline.

“Get up Vangie…” he said pulling her from the bed. Evangeline huffed and folded her arms.

He grabbed Evangeline by the arms and roughly through her to the bed, “Get in her face!” he said towards Hugh. He shoved her to the bed crawling on top of her. “Evangeline I want you to fight back with as much fury as possible.” He said as he struggled with her.

Evangeline threw smacks and punches as she kicked her feet up and down. “Then she reaches for the scissors.” He nods at Evangeline who struggles and grabs the scissors on the nightstand. “You continue to fight her back, struggle with the scissors in both your hands.”

“I know the scene!” Hugh snapped getting frustrated. Evangeline let out a soft laugh as Hugh pouted, “I don’t give a fuck if you known the scene. I want it done a specific way and I don’t want to waste film starting and stopping your lousy acting ass.”

“Your wife doesn’t think I’m a lousy actor.” He said with a smug smile.
“My wife wouldn’t know an Oscar if it rammed itself up her ass!” he snapped and turned back to Evangeline.
Evangeline stared up at him shocked and kneed him in the testicles. Spencer glared at her before hollering out in pain and falling over the side of her onto the bed. She jumped up and dusted herself off. Throwing the scissors at him she stomped away heading back to her trailer and Blair and Bo watched her go.

John turned to look at them both and raised his eyebrows, wondering what happened. “That was uncalled for Spencer.” Hugh said walking away.
Spencer threw his hands up in the air as he crawled off the bed, “Get me some ice!” he yelled to his PA. “Keep that bitch away from me!” he screamed as he walked hunched over to his seat and took it.

John chuckled as he shook his head and turned hoping that Nora hadn’t heard the comment. If Evangeline hadn’t said or done anything he would have. John’s temperature was boiling as he watched Spencer resting with an ice pack in his crotch.

He walked over to Spencer and tapped him on the arm, “I suggest you learn to treat your wife a little better or she’ll end up dropping your ass in a heart beat.” He said leaning over and whispering into Spencer’s ear.

Spencer rolled his eyes as he turned around and stared at John, “And who the fuck would you be.”
“You’re worst enemy…” John said walking away.

~

“What the hell was that?” Blair snapped slamming Evangeline’s trailer door.
Evangeline looked at her and then rolled her eyes, “I don’t need you in here.” Evangeline said flipping her hair and grabbing a towel. She put the towel up under the water and then put it to her face, she sat on the couch and put her feet up, “I don’t need you here Blair.”

“I don’t really give a shit what you need. What I need is for you to get your ass out on the stage so we can finish that. It was totally unprofessional what you did.”
Evangeline smirked and threw the towel onto the coffee table, “Oh don’t you dare sit there and tell me that I’m being unprofessional.”

She stood up and moved into Blair’s face, “Especially when we all know that you can’t keep your legs closed long enough to get your lines out.” She hissed.
“What is that supposed to mean?”
“Oh you sure as hell know what that means. Everyone knows that you’re fucking Spencer.”
“Jealous much?” She countered her hand on her hip, her hair flying around her face.

Evangeline raised her hand to slap Blair but she caught it mid air, “Don’t you dare try that with me. Ms. Prima Donna. We all know that you put your ass out there for Spencer to take a piece but he didn’t want none of what you were offering. I wonder why.” She said with a smile.

Evangeline snatched her arm away and blew out a deep breath through her nostrils. The women stood toe to toe glaring at each other till a knock came at Evangeline’s trailer. No one said anything so the door opened and Hugh walked in, “Am I interrupting?” He said looking at the two women in a sure stand off.

Blair looked over her shoulder and then back at Evangeline, “I think we’re done here.”
Evangeline didn’t say a thing as Blair walked over to Hugh and kissed him on the cheek, “See if you can talk some sense into her. She’s acting like a baby.” Blair said with a soft chuckle before closing the door behind her.

Hugh looked at Evangeline who had her back to him. He walked up and wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her bare shoulder, “Nice shot babe.” He joked.
She laughed and rubbed his hands as she turned around in his hold, “He said something nasty about Nora. I wasn’t going to let him get away with it.”
“I know that. You wouldn’t let him get away with saying anything nasty about you either.”
“Or you!” She said kissing his lips quickly and then wiping the lipstick trace from them. “Is he really pissed?”
“Of course.” Hugh said taking a seat on the couch and kicking his feet up on the coffee table. Evangeline cut her eyes from him, giving him that look and he took his feet down, “Sorry.”
“I’m sure you are…” She said rolling her eyes.

~

I walked out the back of the studio after the fiasco and watched as Blair exited Evangeline’s trailer as Hugh went in. As I stood there staring up at the sun that started to blaze overhead I wondered how long this little temper tantrum of hers would last. Apparently this was common fodder for her, as I heard the crew taking bets about how long she would be gone this time.

One of the guys not knowing who I was asked me if I wanted to get in on it. I shook my head declining the bet and strolled to the back of the lot. As Blair left Evangeline’s trailer I saw her head in the opposite direction of her trailer. As she opened the door to the other big trailer on the lot I knew where she was going, to Spencer’s trailer.

The door closed behind her slowly and I ducked behind a pillar as I heard Spencer complaining about something that I could careless. It was obviously movie related and he headed to his trailer telling his personal assistant he didn’t want to be disturbed.

I shook my head cursing myself for leaving my camera in the car. It was obvious that something was going to go down. Moving closer I try and listen to the trailer. This man knows what the hell he is doing, he has the damn thing soundproofed! I curse and then close my eyes trying to feel any movement in the trailer. I can’t see into the windows because they are covered with dark shades and I wonder where the hell Nora is at this time.

No wonder why he can get away with sleeping with someone on set, she’s never around.
“Looking for someone…” A deep voice says causing my heart to skip a few beats.
I’m getting really bad at this sneaking up on people. I need to stop concentrating so much on my target and keep my wits about me.

I rub my face and try to look lost, “I was looking for the craft services trailer.” I lie.
“Over there.” The black man a few inches shorter than me with a mustache and curly black hair points to the left of, me and nods in the direction of the table. I knew where it was but it was the only logical thing that I could think of so quickly.

“Thanks…”
“No problem, I’ll walk with you.” He says smiling at me.
“Clay, Clay Williamson…” he says shaking my hand.
I look at him and frown, “She’s my niece.” He says understanding the confusion that is rampant across my face.

I stare at him a moment longer trying to see the resemblance and there is just a tad of it, but not much. “She takes after her mother.” He says heading towards the trailer.
“What are you a mind reader…” I wonder out loud.
“In my business you have to be able to read people, not to mention I’ve had those questions asked numerous times when I introduce myself.”
“And what is your business?”
“I’m her agent, manager, financial planner you know the whole nine.” He states grabbing a bottle of water off the table.

What is it with these people and their bottled water, hell what is with this town and bottle water. What they don’t like the water out of the tap! I roll my eyes and grab a bottle myself and smiled at Clay as he opened the bottle. “Sounds like a lot of fun. What can you tell me about it…”

“It’s not as fun as you think it is, who are you again?”
“John, John McBain… I’m a friend of Nora’s. I’m working on a screenplay and she thought that I could get the big picture of how a movie works by coming to the studio.”
Clay laughed and shook his head, “I don’t believe that in a heart beat.”

I look over at him as we take a seat at the tables that are spread across the lawn. It’s mid morning and I’ve spend the majority of the day waiting around doing absolutely nothing, it’s a wonder these movies run so much over budget, nothing gets done. I look back at the trailer wondering what Hugh and Evangeline are doing in that trailer.

“She’s something else isn’t she?” Clay asks me causing me to turn my attention back to him. I had nearly forgotten that we were talking, “Who?”
“Oh you know who. I’ve seen you watching her.”
“Evangeline?” I ask aloud.
“Yeah my niece, she’s quite a piece of work. I try to keep her under control but some days….”
“She has ever right.”
He nearly spits his water across the table and wipes his face as it dribbles down his jaw, “She doesn’t. The way she treats people is all his fault.” He says in a disgusted tone.
“Who’s?”

“CLAY!” I hear her scream his name and he gets up and turns around walking over to her. Who was he talking about that caused her to act this way? I watch him walk over to her and then she starts going on again like she had with Nora. This woman is a character. She has everyone wrapped around her little finger and appears to get whatever she want.

“How’s it going?” Nora asks coming up behind me and taking a seat. I move her seat around so that her back is to Spencer’s trailer and smile, “It’s interesting around here.” I mumble.
“Oh this is a tame day.” She smirks looking around the back of the sound stage, “We should be starting back up in a few. It’s only so long that she can go without being the center of attention.”
“I figured as much.” I say laughing softly.
“She’s really not that bad, once you understand where she comes from.”
“And where is that?”

I waited for her to answer but saw Spencer coming out of his trailer zipping up his pants and Blair coming behind him fixing her shirt and hair. I get up and kiss Nora on the cheek and walk over towards Blair, “Can I speak with you for a moment.”
She looks me up and down flipping her hair around her shoulders and smirks, “Sure…”

I follow her to a table and take a seat next to her as a crew member comes over bringing her a salad. She starts eating it and I watch her carefully, “You might want to change your shirt or at least turn it right side out.” I whisper to her.
She looks at me confused and then down at her shirt realizing that it’s inside out. She gives me a fake smile and then stands up to head back to her trailer, “Watch my salad okay.”

I nod and watch her go, I needed to talk to her about something else, not her shirt. As I watch her go I see Evangeline starting to head in my direction. She has her robe flying behind her, a pair of I presume expensive shades on her face and her hair flying behind her. She looks like one of those old fashioned movie stars that I read about in the trade papers.

She stops in front of me her hands on her hips and pushes her sunglasses from her eyes, “Are you just going to sit there and stare at me, or come and join us in the studio.” She says softly just above a whisper. Her soft voice sends a chill down my spine and I stand up staring her dead in the eyes, “Lead the way.” I say before taking a step back and watching her turn on her heels.

It’s time to get this show on the road apparently.