Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 2
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 62] Printer Chapter or Story

ePub eBook Chapter or Story


This Has been viewed 8440 times



Click here to darken the background



The flames crawled up the office hallways.

Van been working non-stop on the case that had just come across her desk. It was about 2 am when Van looked at the clock.
“What am I doing?” she wondered. The couch in her office was looking quite comfy and she was feeling quite tired. She pushed herself away from the desk and began to go over to the couch. She smelt smoke.
“If Mary is smoking again I will kill her.” She went to her office door and touched the door knob, it was hot, so she used her shirt to open the door. When she did she saw the flames scorch the ceiling, Mary laid unconscious on the floor in front of her desk.
“Mary” Van yelled out but there was no answer. She battled the flames and saw that a Mary was being badly burnt. Van ripped off her jacket, and began to try to use it to extinguish Mary, but it was too late, the flames had engulfed her friend and secretary. The jacket had now become one with Mary and Van let go out if. She then realized that he white gold necklace was burning her so she ripped it off discarding it near Mary. She looked at the burnt, motionless body one more time and began to cry. She didn’t want to leave her but she knew she would have to. Van raised off of her knees and kicked off her shoes, knowing they would either slow her down or cause her to hurt herself, when sparks began to fly. She began to run, she ran past the elevators and to the stairwell. She began to jump down the stairs, flight by flight trying to out run the blaze, trying to miss the flames that bit at her ankles and knees, she ran and ran and ran and when she hit the landing to bottom floor she felt relief rush her body, she opened the door to the parking garage. Just to be hit with the debris that had come from an exploding car. Van fell and fell hard, trying to hold on the consciousness that was quickly slipping from her fingers.

“John there’s another fire, we think it’s the arsonist.” Bo said as John was about to leave.
“Shit! Bo, where?”
“Williamson Towers.”
“What?” the blood drained from John’s face. “Tell me she wasn’t in there Bo…fucking tell me”
“We don’t know John, we don’t know. I just thought it best to tell you.”
“Is the blaze out? When did it start?”
“It started at 2-”
“2? And nobody thought to fucking call me?”
“John we didn’t know about it being there until 3...and the blaze is out.”
“She wouldn’t have been there at 2 in the morning, ok ok. She is at home, sleep, and she’s going to be so upset that her practice went up in flames.” John said as he turned to walk out, he was heel bent on getting to her first.
“John we sent Antonio to her apartment… she wasn’t there.”
“What? You didn’t find her?”
“no, but we’re looking. We did find these on her walls.”
John took the pictures and saw Swastikas spray painted all over her stuff, clothes, walls, bed sheets, her home ransacked and them branded with the hateful symbol.
“Bo?”
“We think she was in the building. Now there is no telling, she may be at Layla’s, she may have been in the fire and got out. She could be standing next to a firefighter right now John, we just don’t know.”
With that John tore out of the LPD tear stung his eyes, she wasn’t dead she couldn’t be. She was an Angel she was his Angel, and even though he hadn’t treated his Angel the best, she was still very much in his heart.

Todd couldn’t sleep it was going on 7 in the morning and he had tried to call Van all night. He couldn’t get the kiss off of his mind and he wanted, no, needed answers. He felt it in her kiss, she wanted him too, and he wanted her to know he would be happy to give her anything she wanted for the rest of their lives. The TV would have to do though to remedy this insomnia that had plagued him since the night before.

“Breaking News….Williamson Towers was destroyed by fire in the wee hours of the morning, there is no word on how the fire started, who was in the building and who could be harmed. It has been said that Evangeline Williamson, owner of the building and the firm has yet to be heard from. Many here in Llanview fear that the beauty may have been in the building as it burned…we will keep you posted on any leads or information that we have.”

Todd stood in shock for about 30 seconds, half listening and half praying. When he saw her picture on the screen it all registered and he ripped out of his penthouse, tears stinging his eyes. He was determined to get to her first.

Layla stood in front of the building as they brought the only body that could be found in the ruins to her on a gurney. The jacket, the pink tweed jacket sent Layla into fits of convulsions. The Black Stuart Weitzman’s that Van had just bought confirmed it.

Todd had run from his penthouse to the Towers and had made it there, he looked around for someone who could help him, calling Van’s name a few times, when he saw Layla next to a gurney, crying profusely. He heart stopped. “She’s just scared like me, she want to know where Van is. That’s all, right sport?” he thought to himself as he approached Evangeline’s baby sister.

“Layla?”
Layla turned to him and hugged him so tight her was beginning to cut off his breathing.
“Layla what’s wrong? What’s wrong Layla? Layla, Layla?” Todd knew when she wouldn’t answer him what was wrong and he went from being the comforter to the comforted. His knees buckled and he began to go down bringing Layla with him. He never let go of her, never, she began to cry again as she saw Todd lose all that made him a person, all the sarcasm, all the wit, all the hatred for the human race melted away, and Todd was just a man, who had lost someone that he loved just as much as his children. He was in love with Van, and now that was gone. He clung to Layla, daring her to let him go. As John ran to the sight of the fire he stumbled up them and knew, he knew then and there she was gone.