Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 9
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 8] Printer Chapter or Story

ePub eBook Chapter or Story


This Has been viewed 8086 times



Click here to darken the background



Still tense as a bow string, Evangeline looked in the mirror and straightened herself. Her gown was a slender sheath of baby blue no straps with a little fish tail… The simplicity of the cut flattered her height. She’d said yes to him, but now she wasn’t so sure anymore. One last look and she walked out the door down the aisle to him.


“I thought you were about to faint.” He breathed with visible concern. “Are you alright?”

“I’m f-fine.” She stammered fighting to suppress the uneasy feelings that had almost empowered her during the brief service. What was done was done and there was no going back, she reasoned. Her hands clutched tightly in her lap she willed the driver to speed them back to her home. The less time she spent alone with him, the easier it would be to…… he would be happier that’s all.

He leaned in and kissed her shoulder and then her cheeks.

“You look very beautiful.” He commented.

“Thank you.” Van muttered softly in a stifled voice.

“Evangeline what is it, you’re shivering?”

“I-I am just sorry you could not meet my family before our wedding.” She answered truthfully. She almost apologized on her parent and uncles behalf until it occurred to her that, before very long his family would have rather more embarrassing news with which to grasp any understanding off; her desertion of him.

Her heart sank and her tummy clenched. The ceremony had been sweet and simple, just the way she always wanted it. It had been his idea to get married there because he couldn’t wait another minute. So no family or friends were present but they intended to share the news in due time with them. That is of course after their honeymoon.

He wrapped his arm around her and she had no choice but to lean on his shoulder, as they continued in silence.

He’d hope to comfort her. Was she having second thoughts about this marriage? Why was his bride acting so guilty as sin itself? She’d told him about the kiss and her near fatal mistake and he had forgiven her. But before he suggested they get married he gave her ample time to end it, all he wanted was for her to be happy. She had been hurt to many times, even he had hurt her but she forgave him.

So why marry him if she didn’t want to? Why marry him if she was still dreaming and wanting another man, who’d hurt her? He wasn’t judging the man for he was no saint either, but he could never hurt her the way that bastard did.

Feeling his love calm her nerves, Evangeline thought she could not content herself with that belief. Could not help herself from sneaking anxious glances at him; she could not forget the inexplicable urgent need to rectify the situation.

“I never thanked you for the necklace.” Van said uneasily half under her breath. The limo was quiet and so were the streets, she need not even raise her voice.

“You’re my woman, gratitude is not required.” He drawled pulling her closer.

“I didn’t get anything for you…. I didn’t think.” She admitted. Striving now to understand why she had got into such a pointless dialogue and failing horridly.

“I got you. Didn’t I?” he smiled at her as she looked up at him.

He reached for her hand taking her tense one in his and cradling it, he kissed her softly…

“This is a special day, let’s enjoy it.” He urged huskily with a squeeze.

His beautiful blue eyes connected with hers and her mind went blank as her breath caught in her throat. Come the end of this night she wondered as she stepped out of the open door, what might their marriage, their life have been like had she not slept with the other man whom she love to. What might it be like if she wasn’t also in love with her now husband and carrying this next mans child?

That thought played like a merry go round in her head and rebelling against it she stifled it….

“Thank you again for agreeing to spend our wedding night at my place, though I know you had wanted other plans.”

“Hey, it’s alright, as long as you’re happy I am happy. Evangeline I meant it when I said I would give you the world, anything you ask of me is yours.” He said

And a little more of her died inside. Why did this have to be so hard? As they reached her door he slipped the key into her lock, opened the door and stopped. He turned to her and swooped her up in his arms, causing her to hold onto his neck tightly and laugh.

“Why are you doing this?”

“Because its tradition and I am a traditional guy and I want to carry my bride over the threshold to the beginning of our new life.”

He set her down but didn’t let her go yet.

“I am going to make sure the bubbly is chilling and prepare a light snack for you. I noticed you did not eat all day.”

“I did, not much and I was nervous.”

“I promise you won’t regret marrying me.”

“I will go prepare upstairs and change after I have had a bath.”

“Take you’re time we’re in no rush to consummate our wedding night.” He said to her retreating back. 9`11

Evangeline closed the door to her bedroom, and took in her surroundings. This home and everything in it was foreign and unfamiliar to her. She’d bought this house after selling her smaller flat. It was filled with to many memories of things that wouldn’t all go away.

She walked over to the closet and removed the single carryon bag. She opened it and removed the letter’s she’d taken almost a month to write. The letter to her family had clear and precise instructions on what to do with her things including her home. The letter to her Husband was more of an apology for the selfishness of her actions. By the time he husband woke up she’d be gone. She changed out of her wedding dress lay it on the bed and changed into a jeans, vest and leather jacket. Walked down the stairs [paused just incase he heard her, but how could he. She continued down the corridor and out the door leaving her keys except those she needed for her car.

~~
She took the express traveling south for an hour before she turned of route. Where she was going no one would find her. Even if they put her picture in the papers and the web whatever no one would know where she was. She turned the radio up to focus more on the music than her haunting thoughts. A light rain began to fall. The weather man was right about expecting a few rain showers. She didn’t want him to be right about the unusual hail so she put gas to the pedal. She looked at the dashboard. 120km/ph wasn’t bad and she drove harder than this under these present conditions maybe worse.

She knew she should slow down now, as she was approaching a dangerous corner whose length was long as a minute. She held tighter to the steering wheel as she felt the control she had slip from her hands. Too late as she hit the brakes the car went into a skid locking the steering wheel, Closer to the edge the car edge as she couldn’t control it. She opened the door. This was crazy she couldn’t jump from this car. She’d be killed instantly or she’d have a brand new second skin grafted for her. She didn’t finish her thought as the car tail went of first sliding down the long drop into the canyon or rocks below.