Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 1
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

ePub eBook Chapter or Story


This Has been viewed 1258 times



Click here to darken the background



“I’m sorry, Ms. Williamson for your loss. If there is anything I can do, don’t hesitate to call my office.”

Evangeline didn’t hear a word Dr. Santos said. She was still processing the information that her parents were gone. One phone call from the ER changed her life forever. The two people she loved the most in the world were now gone. Evangeline sat in the corner of the waiting room trying to make sense of what happened.

Two hours earlier

“Todd, you don’t have to buy me a drink for helping you win your case. It was my job and I’m happy that your back with Blair and the kids.”

“Evangeline, it’s the least I can do. I don’t know where I’d be right now if you wasn’t for you.”

“I’ll take a rain check on that drink,” Evangeline said. When her other line began to ring, she said goodbye to Todd and promised him to reschedule.

“Yes, Mary,” Evangeline said as she was trying to finish her brief.

“Ms. Williamson, you have a phone call from Llanview hospital. They said it was urgent,” replied Mary.

“Send them through. Mary, can you cancel my appointment with Antonio and reschedule for tomorrow morning. Thanks.”

“Evangeline Williamson,” she replied when the call went through.

“Ms. Williamson, My name is Susan and I’m a nurse at Llanview hospital. I’m sorry to tell you that both of your parents were just taken in a few minutes ago in critical condition.”

“At the hospital? Are the okay? What happened?” said Evangeline in a frantic voice.

“They were involved in a car accident. I don’t have any more information that I can give except that both of your parents suffered major injuries and are critical.”

Before the nurse could give Evangeline any more information, she ran out of her office. She grabbed her purse and her jacket as she went out the door.

“Dammit,” she screamed as she walked toward the elevator doors.

“Ms. Williamson, are you okay? What happened?” Mary asked worriedly.
“My parents,” Evangeline sighed. She couldn’t even get the words out. “They were in an accident.”

“All right, I’m driving you to the hospital.” Mary knew how much Evangeline loved and adored her parents. As the only child, Evangeline was the light of their lives. Her parents both were so proud of all that she accomplished. She was a brilliant attorney who believed in justice.

When they reached the hospital, it was crowded with people waiting to be treated. Evangeline felt lightheaded and she couldn’t speak, so Mary asked the clerk what room Lisa and Robert Williamson were taken in. When the clerk directed them both where to go, Evangeline saw both of her parents lying in gurneys being treated by nurses and doctors. Machines and tubes surrounded both of them. She tried to get in the room but one of the nurses stopped her and said, “Ms. Williamson, you can’t be in there right now. They are both very critical and they lost a lot of blood. Please wait outside and we’ll do all we can for them.”

Evangeline grabbed the nurse’s hand before she went back to the room, “Save them, please save them” she said with tears in her eyes. The nurse went back in sympathetic to what the young woman was going through.

Evangeline paced outside of the room waiting patiently for any news about her parents. When the doctor finally came out of the trauma room with a regretful look on his face, she knew they were gone.

“No!” Evangeline yelled. She refused to believe that her parents were gone. “Please tell me they’re okay….. please tell me they made it,” she pleaded.

“I’m sorry, Ms. Williamson. We tried everything we could. They lost too much blood and suffered many internal injured due to the impact of the car accident,” the doctor explained.

Evangeline felt lost and empty. Her parents were dead. How would she ever go on?