Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 4
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 0] Printer Chapter or Story

ePub eBook Chapter or Story


This Has been viewed 2600 times



Click here to darken the background



Chapter 1

John was just opening the front door to his apartment when the telephone by his bed started ringing. He walked over to the nightstand and picked up the receiver.

“Hello.” He answered.

“Hey.” His brother Michael Mcbain said.

“What’s up Mikey, I just walked in the door and I’m really tired so if you …”

“Yeah make it quick. Look I just wanted to know if you were free tomorrow night.” Michael knew how his brother felt about talking about his feelings and after what happened with Evangeline, John was even more withdrawn than before.

“Free for what Mikey?” John was growing more impatient and really needed to take a shower.

“Well, just dinner with Marcie and me, why not get out of the house and breathe a little.”

“Okay Mikey, I’ll think about it, now I have to go, so I’ll talk to you later.”

John hung up the phone and started undressing on his way to the bathroom. He was just about to step out of his pants when there was a knock at the door.

What Now he thought to himself as he continued to undress and ignore the knocking, but it continued with no avail.

John walked to the door and opened it with out asking who it was, because there he was in only his pants.

“This better be good.” He said before looking into the eyes of Natalie Buchanan.

“I hope a visit from me is good.” She walked in and kissed John on the lips; she couldn’t but she knew he was off in some far away land.

Natalie thought she hit it big when she and John started going out, she had been pining after him ever since they were in Las Vegas undercover with Christian Vega her ex-husband. She thought she knew John, but she didn’t know that he still had a thing for his ex-girlfriend, District Attorney Evangeline Williamson, who had just broken up with him a few months ago.

At the moment Evangeline was sitting at the Place bar with her good friend Nora Buchanan, wife of police commissioner, Bo Buchanan.

“So what’s the latest with John?” Nora asked her friend; she knew that Evangeline was having a rough time after the kidnapping and being tied to the stake, so it was only natural to ask about John.

“There’s nothing to tell. I told John that it was either me or Natalie who obviously he has chosen. She’s finally got John to herself.”

She took a sip of her martini and sighed.

Evangeline couldn’t understand how he still couldn’t admit his feelings for her after everything they’d been through with the Killing Club. She thought she would never see anyone again after John saved her first from the fire, but the killer still got his hands on her and held her hostage; making John even more tense and closed in than usual.

“Well sounds like you have a dilemma on your hands. All I’ll say is if he wants you he’ll come to you.” Nora sat back against her chair as if she knew everything.

After a few more drinks and some more girl talk before Nora said she had to go home and check on Matthew and go by the station to check on Bo also.

Evangeline stood up from the bar and said her goodbyes to Nora. She was tired and had a deposition to get to in the morning. On her way home, while walking through Angel Square, she ran into Kevin Buchanan, Governor of Landview and one of Landview’s most eligible bachelors.

“Hello Evangeline, how are you?”

“Hi, Kevin I’m good. How are you?”

“I was just taking a stroll through the park.” Kevin had been interested in Evangeline for awhile, but had to give up when she and John Mcbain started dating.

“How is Duke doing?” Evangeline asked about Kevin’s son.

“Fine, he and Adrianna are around town somewhere.”

“Enjoy the rest of your night.”

She turned to walk away, but Kevin touched her arm.

“Wait. What do you say to dinner tomorrow night at the Palace?” He was hoping she said yes.

Evangeline thought about his invitation and knew that if she accepted; it would be a date.

“Okay, I would like that.” She smiled.

“Alright, how about seven o’clock?”

“That would be nice, I’ll meet you there.”

“Then it’s a date.” Kevin smiled also.