Menu
RSS

Site Info
Members: 497
Series: 0
Stories: 263
Chapters: 2316
Word count: 5758652
Authors: 46
Reviews: 2241
Reviewers: 42
Newest Member: james83
 

Guests: 2
Members:

JoVan Videos


Chit-Chat
Boykin
08/24/23 02:31 pm
<a treatment/">Skin Whitening Injections</a> om/]thanks for this blog[/url]
AdmjPonia
07/14/22 05:15 pm
viagra 40 mg <a com/ ">sildenafil citrate australia</a> https://xtyviagrix.com/
WrrChaps
06/19/22 07:40 pm
comparison and contrast essay on the great gatsby <a ersion.com/ ">essay on rainwater harvesting in hindi language</a> .com/



[Reviews - 16] Printer Chapter or Story

ePub eBook Chapter or Story


This Has been viewed 2692 times



Click here to darken the background



~~~~

He had been staring at the bulletin board which housed the pictures of the victims as well as potential suspects in the ‘killing club’ murders, and it all looked as confusing to him now as it had the first day he had set it up, which was going on four months ago. Today the confusion was mostly due to him not really being able to concentrate, his mind was on a certain Nubian beauty, and it brought a slight smile to his face.

“Ok, earth to John, hello John?” A voice from the doorway brought him from his fantasies and surprised him.

“Mikey,” John said a bit startled. “You ever hear of knocking?” He asked his younger sibling as he turned his seat to face his desk and began rustling through some of the paperwork on top.

“Well, I did but you were zoning, so I guess you didn’t hear me.” Michael said as he entered the office, standing before John’s desk. “Still no break?” Michael asked causing the John to look up at him in confusion. “In the Killing club murders.” Michael said nodding towards the bulletin board as John slightly turned to look at the board before focusing back on the papers.

“No, I’ve hit one hell of a wall on it, and no matter how many times I take a step back and try to go at it from another angle it just seems like the wall gets thicker. And today I can’t really seem to focus much on it.”

“Oh, what’s up?” Michael asked concerned.

“Oh it’s nothing, don’t worry about it. What’s up with you, what brings you to my door this time of the day?” John asked hoping to change the subject as he leaned back more comfortably in his chair.

“Oh no don’t try to change the subject, if there’s something up with you I want to know.”

“Really Michael it’s nothing, nothing bad anyway, its just I’m having a bit of trouble keeping my mind on the job, go some distractions, you know.” This brought a smile to both their faces, and an, ‘ah ha’ look to Michael’s face. “What?” John asked questioning the look.

“Would that distraction of your be a very beautiful lawyer, with a very contagious smile and a great pair of gams?”

“Hey don’t be looking at her gams, or anything else attached to them.” John said in a serious tone although he was smiling broadly. “And yeah she’s the distraction, not that I mind.”

“Naw, I would either.”

“Hey.” John again threw out a warning.

“Sorry bro.” Michael defended as he threw his hands up a bit. “If you don’t want other guys eyeballing your girl, ya should’ve gotten an ugly girlfriend.” Michael said as he and John both laughed. “And its not like you have to worry, I’ve seen the way she looks at you and how she talks about you, believe me she’s got it just as badly as you do.”

“Yeah, yeah, so what brings you by, I ask again hoping it will change the subject of my love life which I don’t particularly care to discuss with my little brother.” John gushed out in one breath.

“Right,” Michael said with a smile, agreeing to drop the subject. “Just came by to see if you were free for some lunch, my treat.”

“Whoa, your treat huh, well I can’t turn that down since it may be a once in a life time offer.” John joked as he stood and pulled his jacket off of the back of his chair, and then pulled it on. “Where to?”

“You decide.” Michael said as he followed John out of the office.

“You’re letting me pick the place and you’re paying, are you dying Mikey?” John asked chuckling as they left the station.

~~~~

“And Daniel actually acted like that?” Evangeline ask, as she and Nora entered Rodi’s, where they had agreed to go for lunch. “That’s…uhm.”

“A bit insane.” Nora finished.
“Well I was gonna say odd, but insane works too.” Evangeline said as they took a seat at one of the tables.

“I don’t know, its just when it comes to the Paul Cramer case, it’s like he’s a completely different person.”

“Maybe he’s just very dedicated.” Evangeline said hoping to give comfort.

“No, we’re both lawyers too and we’re dedicated, he’s more,” Nora paused trying to think of an appropriate word that would describe her new husband’s recent behavior. “Daniel’s obsessed.”

“What can I get for you guys?” The voice of the waitress ended their discussion, and much to Evangeline’s relief in her present state of mind she didn’t think she was as attentive to Nora’s plight as a best girlfriend should be in this situation. At the moment her love life was so good she couldn’t find fault with any man, John McBain was their saving grace in her opinion. She thought John to be a wonderful man, her man, and it only took the mere thought of that fact to make her turn to mush and to start grinning like an idiot, which from the look both Nora and the waitress were giving her, was exactly how she was looking at the moment.

“I’m sorry did you say something?” She asked with a confused look.

“Uh yeah, what do you feel like having?” Nora asked with a smile. “Or has your appetite already been sated today?” Evangeline couldn’t contain the giggles at Nora’s words, which she knew was innuendo pertaining to her and John.

“I’ll have a burger and fires, with an Iced Tea, please.” She ordered as she continued giggling.

“Sounds good to me, make it a double.” Nora said to the waitress who wrote it all down, took their menus, and then head to the kitchen.

“So?” Nora said as Evangeline looked to her innocently. “OH don’t give me that ‘why, whatever do you mean’ look. Come on girlfriend spill, how are things in JoVan world?”

“JoVan?” Evangeline repeated as she bunched her brow a bit.

“John and Evangeline meshed together equals JoVan.” Nora explained causing Evangeline to arch her brow in amusement as she looked at her friend. “Ok so have too much time on my hands lately, just give the goods, tell the tales.” Nora said.

“There’s nothing to tell, John and I…were good.” Evangeline said.

“That’s it, good? Come on I can tell just by the goofy look on your face, simply at the mention of his name, that it’s more the just ‘good’.”

“Ok, ok it is more than good but I’m too afraid to talk about it. Things have been so wonderful this past week. So wonderful and Natalie free, I’m kind of afraid to jinx it.”

“Natalie free huh?”

“Yes, knock on wood. I think I’m finally seeing John getting over that guilt complex he has when it comes to Natalie, over what happened with Christian.”

“Good I’m glad one of us has a normal relationship.” Nora said.

“Well I didn’t say all that.”

“Oh, what other issues are you two having?”

“It’s more of an issue I’m having where I can’t seem to focus on anything not John related.” Evangeline said with a broad smile.

“Oh so you’ve got McBain on the membrane.” Nora said gaining a laugh from Evangeline.

“Yeah that’s one way of looking at it I suppose, and it only gets worse whenever he’s around, and with the caseload I have this week I really need to be focused. But whenever we come within close proximity of each other we can’t seem to keep our hands off of each other, not that I’m complaining.”

“But I can imagine that makes the workday seem longer.” Nora added.

“Yes.”

“Well hate to break it to you sweetie but I think your day and the whole trying to focus on your work is bout to get harder.” Nora said as she nodded over Evangeline’s shoulder causing Evangeline to turn to see what she was talking about. And when her brown eyes locked with familiar blue eyes, the seat of her panties instantly got wet as she sighed.