“And here I thought that dumbfounded and somewhat dense look you always have was a cover, I see now how wrong I was, you truly are a fool.” She said flipping her hair over her shoulder before folding her arms across her chest and leaning further into the corner of the couch.

“Yeah well when I thought you were a snobby, tight-assed, uppity bitch, I see I was right.” He threw back casually as he took another swig of his beer from his spot on the opposite end of the couch. “Just never imagined ya’d be just another dumb broad.” He added now propping his feet upon the coffee table as a sudden flash of lightning lit up the darkening sky. He turned a bit to stare at her and found her icy stare on him.

“So typical, when we have any opinion of our own and voice them we’re a bitch, and heaven forbid said opinion differs from a man’s, then we’re a dumb bitch.” She said through gritted teeth trying hard to contain her growing annoyance. He bunched his brow as he regarded her and what she had said. Then there was a long silence as they went back to watching television “Honestly, you must see the stupidity in it Logan.”

“Nothing stupid about it darlin, just plain better.”

“No it is not, it ruins it, why mess up a formula that has been successful for so long.”

“Cause it was getting old and borin.”

“Goddess, you are mad!” She exclaimed as she took the pillow she had been leaning against and tossed it at him, which he easily caught and then placed behind his head. “Boring, how can you say such a classic is boring?”

“Cause it is, got borin when the bald French guy came along, what tha fuck were they thinking, like they could just replace the real deal?”

“Some of us happen to think that bald French men are very sexy, and that’s off topic anyway.” She said as she turned to him and stretched out her legs, tossing her feet into his lap, which he began to rub with one hand and he continued drinking his beer with the other hand.

“Well, darlin if yer gonna start complainin about it gettin ruinin, ya gotta go back to the root of it all, When the bald guy came along it started goin downhill.” She simply shook her head and glared at him.

“Fool.” She said staring at the television.

“Bitch.” He replied staring at the television. At that moment Jubilee entered the rec room.

“Hey guys.” She greeted as she moved to the mini fridge that Logan has brought to the room for his beer, but now it housed more sodas and juices then beer.

“Jubilee, perfect timing, we could use a fresh opinion here.” Ororo said rolling her eyes from Logan to the girl now standing before them.

“Uhm…ok…sure, what’s up Roro.”

“Would you or would you not say that the rock and roll music they use to open the new Star Trek series, ruins the entire franchise? That it was much better with a classic musical entrance?” Jubilee looked at Ororo as if waiting for the punch line and after a moment she realized that she was serious she focused her attention to Logan who too was looking at her for an answer.

“You guys have been in here all this time arguing over ‘that’?”

“Yeah, that and the fact that the franchise pretty much died when they brought in the bald French guy.”

“Jean-Luc Picard” Ororo corrected him.

“See a sissy name for a sissy captain. James T. Kirk, now that name’s tough, a name like James demands respect, whereas a name like Jean-Luc screams, mock me, beat the crap outta me and steal my lunch money.” Jubilee giggle at his words a bit.

“Spoken like a true bully.” Ororo responded. “Anyway,” She went on turning her attention back to Jubilee. “Jubilee, what do you think?”

“That you two are showing some geek infested roots, and you really need to get out more, you know on a date.” She said shaking her head before she turned to leave the room. The two on the couched looked after her for a moment before turning in silence back to the television, which Ororo started flipping through until coming to a channel that had a show that caught her interest. They both watched the show intensely before Logan spoke out.

“Fuck what a pussy, why the hell did they give him a soul for.”

“So he could be a better man, for the woman he loved.” Ororo answered.

“Yeah like I said a ‘pussy’.”

“Spike is not a pussy.” She said vehemently as she stared at him with hard eyes.

“They turned him into Angel.” Logan said.

“Oh no you did not just say that... Angel…don’t make me strike you down!” The hallway was filled with the two bickering for the next two hours over nearly every show and commercial they watched.

~end~

A/N: This is based on actual events, me and my friend Jayson just had this very argument, had to turn it RoLo, 'I' thought it was funny, then again I have a warped sense of humor *shrugs*:D





You must login () to review.